QPR v Everton, Sunday 21 October K.O. 16:00 [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by MrPerfectNot, Oct 19, 2012.

1. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. LG David

LG David Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Painful viewing.

Neville should not be committing himself into that sort of challenge for their goal. Hoillett had his back to goal and was miles away but Neville put himself into a position to be turned and once that happened he was never going to catch him. Poor decision-making from him.

I'm happy with the point considering we were down to 10 and away from home but should be looking at that game as taking 3.

Jagielka was at his best, as well. Great performance.

3. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to catch it on a replay - spent the day hiking in the mountains ( a beautiful Colorado fall day) and now just saw the result....initially I was disappointed to hear of the draw, but it sounds like it was a decent outcome for us?

4. LG David

LG David Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Yeah it was, backs against the wall for periods and like I said, Jagielka stepped up and threw himself in front of shots and players. Howard made a few good saves, as well.

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely not one of the Toffees better performances.

We definitely missed Fellaini's presence in the middle, especially the ball distribution he provides.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Pienaar was often playing on the right side. The Baines-Pienaar partnership had been so effective for much of the season.

Anichebe seems out of place at right midfield and looks like he's not quite sure what to do with himself there. When Moyes chooses to start Victor, I'd much rather see him upfront where he's been doing (surprisingly) well. Why Moyes doesn't go with a 4-4-2 when decides to field two natural forwards, Jelavic and Anichebe, baffles me.

Mirillas has been getting more involved in the attack lately, but his decision making doesn't always seem the best. And for whatever reason, Osman seems to be in a slump of sorts.

On the plus side, at least Moyes started Distin instead of Heitinga at center back. Johnny a solid d-mid, but I've never been too impressed with him at center back