QPR FC vs LIVERPOOL FC - EPL - Dec 30 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Dec 26, 2012.

1. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second half has been abysmal by both sides. What ever happened to Sahin? Is he injured?

2. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What? Only scored three? That's how many what teams like Stoke score:mad: Really top, top team score at least four and some have even been scoring by the half dozen and by committee ...

3. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What I learned today: 1.Suarez is brilliant. 2.QPR are abysmal. 3.I didn't learn anything new today.

hubbabubba, zenden and ScholesyLFC repped this.
  4. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take it. QPR are doing great impression of what we called the ROAD program when I was in the Marines...Retired on Active Duty. Just give me my check, I couldn't give a shit about performance and results.

Nice to get a win. I thought 'arry would manage to somehow get them up for this match. I bet he wishes he was in Kiev at this point.

Will this be the win that catapults us up the table???? We can hope.

ryered repped this.
  5. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I hope that BR reams them a new one after that second half. I know if I was Pepe I would. QPR just needed a touch to get them back in it.
    Unprofessional.

Other than that I'll take the 3 points and thank the guys who gave it their all.

never walk alone TPK repped this.
  6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Agreed-- the second half was pretty awful. And given what happened last year, too. But at this stage I'll take any victory as it's not any longer guaranteed that we'll beat even the lousy teams, *cough* Aston Vila *cough*

ScholesyLFC repped this.
  7. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    On to 4th then!

Seriously though: you have to be proud of the players for staying awake for the full 90. It would have been easy to set up a cot near the sideline and rotate one player at a time for a five minute nap. QPR were worse than Fulham. Taraabt is good though.

Didn't learn much new. Glad Suarez got back on the scoresheet. I do really like how Henderson is playing right now though. I can't put my finger on it but he seems to be carrying himself with more confidence and comfort or something. I felt like last year when he was on the pitch he was playing not to mistakes so he wouldn't be yelled at by someone. This year he doesn't seem to be afraid to step up and take risks.

One defensive thing I keep seeing that I don't like is how we charge in to close down space on a player but then ease up and stop a few feet away from them, which gives the opposition just enough room to run around whichever player we close down with. Watch Barcelona's players press to see how it's supposed to be done. We're either coached to be afraid of making contact or the players themselves are afraid of contact. I know the rules put the defenders at a disadvantage these days but we could afford to be more aggressive with challenges.

8. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL! I got a flash of Lee Ermey stalking around the QPR dressing room, giving them his best Hartman treatment: "DID YOUR PARENTS HAVE ANY CHILDREN THAT SURVIVED, MAGGOT?" Etc., etc... Priceless.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  10. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was fun for the first 30 minutes.

We seemed to just play keep away after that. I would have taken Suarez off for the last twenty minutes.

Other than that a workman like 3-0 made easy by the brilliance of Suarez

11. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    I only watched the second half and I can't say I was entertained. Glad we won and all but...

12. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way I hope Enrique isn't injured too badly.

13. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well. you did miss all the fun. :)

14. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Torn hammy. %^&*$.

15. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, in the next month. Get some horse placenta on that hamstring so Enrique can last the next stretch.

16. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Worst team performance I've seen this season from QPR. A great team would have put 10 past them in my opinion. Still a few too many sloppy touches and mistakes for my liking from us today but luckily we have Suarez on our team. Seriously, I think he's the closest to a Messi type in world football right now. Genius!

17. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I hate all of you. A virus-ridden side (henderson was up all night vomiting, for one) with a mid-week game coming up takes their foot off the gas after bludgeoning a team 3-0 inside 30 minutes and y'all still complain.

18. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think I caught one here.

19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    All very well saying that, you didn't hear my stomach churning just waiting for that fatal touch past Pepe.

20. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've decided to read Infinite Jest in order to distract myself from the daily emotional ups and down of LFC.

Another good win after another bad loss. Think the team has done fairly well considering the gapping holes in the squad. Hope the new signings come in and freshen things up.

Looking forward to some cup runs and things coming together in the second half.

21. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is extremely hard to draw any conclusions from this match. QPR failed to show up, put any pressure on our passing game, or mount any consistent effort to hold onto the ball.

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as noted before 2 conclusions that are apparent: suarez brilliant and qpr crap.

Wish assaidi got 20 mins - as downing was back to average....though the last 25 he was forced to left back and wasn't sure how to join the attack.

23. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Missed the match, but it was an away match against a side desperate to get a few wins and exit the relegation zone. Thereofe there's not much to complain about, A 3-0 win is a fantastic result.

24. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do us a favor and keep missing matches, seems like a good omen :D

el-capitano and liverbird repped this.
  25. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005