Puma Boot Thread - Everything Puma to go here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: PUMA BOOT & EQUIPMENT THREAD - Everything Puma to go here please!

more v1.10 pics

3. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

puma is done for 09, the konstrukt 3 look horrid and puma ruined the v1.06. They have no competition over adidas or nike anymore come again.:eek:

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I have to say im in agreement with that.

The V1.06 were such good boots. They were like nothing else on the market. But they had to go and change the design and the whole fabric of the boot and it just wrecked them.

The V1.10s just look like a tunit boot. They look really chunky!

appleCORR

5. DanceGavinDance

Feb 2, 2009
    US
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

The v1.10's do look chunky, and I know with the past v1.06 and .08 their big marketing slogan was "gets you to the ball faster" but with the look of the .10's I wonder what their gimmick will be now cuz they dont look very light?

6. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like the look of the material though. It does not look as patched together. Still a lot of stitching though...

7. lacy17

lacy17 Member

Oct 6, 2006

They had the v1.10 at the NSCAA Coach's show in St Louis last month and the rep said to be as light or lighter than the v1.06 and .08.

8. DanceGavinDance

Feb 2, 2009
    US
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Well looks like im wrong then! I wonder what the material is actually made of then cuz it isn't the stuff the .06 or .08s were made of.

9. Gabes

Gabes New Member

Oct 29, 2008

Well, I'm ready for the V1.10. Because I've got two pairs of v1.06's arriving tommorow afternoon ;)

10. soorbob

soorbob New Member

Apr 5, 2008

Lol be sure to post pics! Which colourways are they?

11. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pics of the v1.10's next to the .08's: (pics courtesy of EnjoyZ)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And one more of the soleplate differences:

[​IMG]

13. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Puma is going for the see-through heel look

14. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The insoles going to fit in between though. It's very thick, especially at the heel.

15. Gabes

Gabes New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Well, after seeing what Puma has in store for the vspeed line I figured I'd better hunker down and get two more pairs of v1.06's while they're still in existence :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    theres a solid month right there. How silvery are the 2nd ones?

17. jdunlop511

jdunlop511 Member

Dec 22, 2007
    H-town
    i really don't like the design of the v1.10s. I really can't wait until the v2s (mainly the k leather ones) because i love the design of the v1.08s but the synthetic fitted me horribly and i hate the toe box.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    is it just me, or do the v1.10s look bulkier, wider, and heavier than hell.

19. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They look RUBBISH!!

They look like the Adidas's first attempt at the tunits. I cannot believe how much they have ruined a decent shoe.

appleCORR

20. Gabes

Gabes New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    They are more silvery then they look in the picture. It was a cell phone picture haha. They really do looking quite flashy, not quite vapor flashy, but still nice. The black/brown/blue ones in the first picture look very classic in person and I love them.

About the month comment, if thats about durability I've gotten good life out of my last pair of v1.06's. I had them in my freshman year of highschool, and they lasted the whole season, an indoor season on turf, a spring season (1 game and 1 practice a week) and summer clinics before getting to a point where any wear and tear affected the feel of the shoe.

If its not about durability then please fill me in on what it meant hahaha.

21. C-dub57

C-dub57 Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Iowa
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol it was about durability. I've just heard so many people say they only lasted like 2 weeks. they look really good.

22. toeball

toeball Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I am looking for a new pair of boots and am considering the Puma V1.06 FG and the V1.08 FG. I currently own a pair of Puma King Exec FG. They are very comfortable and really fit the shape of my foot well. My issue with them is that I feel like they offer little lateral support. Its almost as though the sole plate is too narrow for the shoe and too much of the outside of my foot is hanging over the outside cleats. Maybe the leather is too soft. My ankles are more prone to roll in these than any other cleat I've worn. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if the V1.06 and V1.08 offer better lateral support. I've read about the issue with the toe on the V1.08 and want to know if you can tell just be trying them on if its going to be an issue or if you have to play in them to find out. Or is it the consensus that the V1.06 is just better than the V1.08? I'm looking for the comfort the of King Exec with more stability. Any help would be appreciated.

23. m4k-10

m4k-10 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To be honest if you NEED good stability i wouldnt recommend the v1.06's. They are made of very thin material that makes you feel barefooted. I dont know much about the .08's but i can recommend you the nike vapor range because they have always been known for its ankle support and its "locked in" feeling.

24. Gabes

Gabes New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Yea, generally people say that they aren't durable, but in my experience as long as you treat them well, they'll be just fine. And thanks, I love them haha. The black/bown/blue actually really reminds me of the E8 colorways nike released.

I cant really offer a comparison to the King Exec, but I know exactly what you mean about the insole being small. The insole on the v1.06 almost wraps up part of the instep because they didn't cut it to look like the bottom of the foot. They are extremely comfortable as well.

I cant say much for v1.08, seeing as I've only worn one with a ball at my feet for at most 15 minutes while passing the ball around at the local field. He had owned his for around 3 months at that point, so its safe to say they were broken in by the amount we play. The boot was comfortable everywhere expect in the toe box. Because of the plastic part at the end, it seemed to create an insane amount of extra space that I didn't like.

Other then that there is not much I can offer with the v1.08's. Hope it helped.

EDIT: What m4k said is partly true. The boots are insanely comfortable offering the feel of just wearing socks, and well socks probably don't offer that much support haha. Personally I've never had problems with it, but as he mentioned the vapor is a great boot that offers good support. The insole is similar to the v1.06's shape wise, but lacks awfully in padding. The heel wrap they use really helps absolutely lock your foot in place.

25. Rangersfan_1

Rangersfan_1 Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The new v1.10s look bad tbh

My 1.08s are amazing so I think I will invest in a couple of pairs before lots of colour ways become impossible to get a hold of