PSV Eindhoven only for fans [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by bobjeman, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    We can live without him, has only been in training for 2 weeks so it's not that weird.

Very average match

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Apparently Afellay is not playing in the upcoming Europa League match on Thursday so he can keep his hopes of a transfer alive.

3. Erwin6174

Erwin6174 Member

Jun 13, 2008
    The Netherlands
    Is there any interest for him?

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Derksen said Fiorentina and Genoa if I recall correctly. I don't understand why he would be interested in that though. He would be better off waiting a year and picking his team of choice.

5. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

have to check out ESPN Deportes website as they list it a wee bit sooner than the cable channels do.

6. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I did that too, and the website was not clear to me. This Sunday, 29-8-10,at 5:30 AM PSV v ADO DEN HAAG :) Per the website.

7. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Well hey there PSV. Where were you in the first leg?

8. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    PSV 5-0 win in Europa League. Next! :)

9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    nice victory guys! dzudszak is outlandish at times, no pun.

as i'm writing this, fer has just missed a huge chance in injury time that should've saw them through to the group stages.

*sigh*

why must it always be those guys to let us down.

10. BTV802

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Dzudszak is nasty but looks like a Shmeagle from Lord of the Rings.

1 person likes this.
  11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Somewhere near Mongolia I believe. Congrats on the win. Good days for Dutch football.

12. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Very good result today!

Will be interesting to see the draw tomorrow.

It is too bad all Dutch clubs didn't make it through for much needed coefficient points.

13. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Goal! 1-0! Cold and windy in Netherlands I see. 5AM is early. ;)

14. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-2, well a point is a point. PSV did not play well.Whole team to me,lost,and confused. Maybe a little harsh? :(

15. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Poor display of PSV, Den Haag lost two points today. The worst moments where the throw in by, I thought Dzsudzsak, directly to a Den Haag player and a pass of five metres from Pieters which not reached his team mate.
    I must say after Heerenveen, Sibir away match and now Den Haag it really worries me there is no vision how to play. There are a certain amount of concepts how to attack and if any player tries something different the players seems to misunderstand each other. With players like Dzsudzsak, Afellay, Lens, Berg etc we have certainly some exceptional players, by Eredivisie standards, but as a team it isn´t that good. I still think Rutten is a good manager for PSV, but I am not so determined as when he was appointed. I´ll hope some improvements will be noticed the next matches, otherwise I think in the long run de complete reliance on the individual qualities of the various players will cost us a serious shot to win the championship.

16. ajaxpsv

ajaxpsv New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    L.A.
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sadly that is what I saw in todays game as well. Team needs to play with a focus and conected. The players are there, 'teamwork' is needed. :eek:

17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Berg was lucky to avoid the red card, thought his elbow was as clear as daylight. Definitely missed the presence of Toivonen. The supporting cast from midfield is rather poor, especially Bakkal. Afellay looked rusty, still. Not a big fan of Lens, a bit selfish at times and quite sloppy.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I can't believe Van Marwijk called up Lens ahead of Fer. It's just weird.

One thing that always worried us about Rutten as a coach at Twente: there is no plan B. He has this tactical plan in his head and when it works out it's fine or great even but when it doesn't he can't change things around, and his subbing at Twente was atrocious.

Still PSV has more than enough quality to be challenging for the title this season. What applies to them also applies to Ajax: if they don't do it this season it's a bit of a drama.

19. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So is it safe to say Affelay is staying?

20. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Apparently, still if a big team comes he'll be gone

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not weird at all. They play different positions...

22. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Watching the match on ESPN Deportes, I obviously understood nothing they said so I am curious about why was Toivonen not there today? Was he just getting rested, hurt, or is he going to be transferred?

I will agree with the previous comments about seeing too many individual like play and not good linking up amongst teammates.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is Toivenon really leaving during this transfer window? I've seen the rumors about Madrid or several clubs in England.

24. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    It is unclear if and who will leave PSV this transfer window. In these last days of the transfer window it always is a kind of nervous. Lots of (foreign) newspapers and tabloids drops several names from time to time just to fill the papers and magazines.
    Liverpool FC did had serious interest to sign Ola Toivonen, they even made an eight million pound bid but PSV declined. Our sport director stated they will not co-operate a transfer of Toivonen. The rumour about Real Madrid seems more like tabloid filling then a serious rumour. Officially Toivonen was ill and therefore he had to miss the Den Haag away match.
    In contrary to Toivonen, a transfer of Afellay seems not unlikely. Although there are no specific club which are interested. A couple of days ago there where some rumours about Inter Milan but no serious resources yet. So it is still an option Ibi will play next season in the Philips stadium. He might even extend is contract with another season (his current contract will expire in the summer of 2011) so PSV will receive a transfer fee. In return of this extension PSV gave opportunities (such as leaving Afellay out of the squad for EL-matches) to Ibi to make a deal with another club.

25. Aztattooedsean777

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I wish Afellay would extend 1 season.