PSV Eindhoven only for fans [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by bobjeman, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Koevermans is simply not PSV material and Bakkal is no forward, and we've only 2 wingers with Amrabat (who isn't a "real winger") and Dzudzsak. Since Lens will play as a winger, he will become our third winger.

Overkill?, you can hardly say that.

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think the general consensus is that PSV's form suffered after the loss of Lazovic. Seems to me like Lens makes sense as a replacement.

3. Maybe you can sell him for waaaaay too much money to the Arena boys aka as the blasphemic Bunch:D

4. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    no thanks, we're quite covered. scored 106 goals last season to your 54 remember. :p

5. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was just saying you have a lot of players who can play in attacking roles, not whether they're PSV material or not real wingers.

Do PSV plan to replace Koevermans this summer?

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I hope so, and I expect so.

We've been linked to several strikers

7. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think PSV will say goodbye to Afellay this summer.

How much would it cost to draw him away?

8. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd say max 10 million. Depending on how much interest there is. He just has a 1 year contract and PSV are low on cash.

9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I expect between 9 and 13m euro's, depens on his World Cup performances.

HSV has offered 9m a few weeks ago

10. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What are the more credible links?

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Jonathan Reis returns after been fired for drug-usage

12. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I didn't know about that.

Is the guy clean? It seems a bit risky.

13. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Marcelo Antônio Guedes Filho (Marcelo) is on his way to PSV. The Brazilian player currently under contract at Polish side Wisla Krakow. After Hutchinson and Lens the third signing of PSV. Fred Rutten wants another right feed defender. Besides that, we really need a decent striker. Although Reis is an exceptional talent, it is still unpredictable if we can rely on him. But from wath a heard Marcelo is a very talented player and a great signing for us.

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you guys will definitely enjoy Marcelo, he is a solid defender that you will love in either box. he is lethal when pushed up into the box for corners/set pieces. he knows how to finish with feet and head. pretty strong guy, with your coaching his development can improve even more. he has a ton of upside, easily the best defender in the Ekstraklasa in a long time, if not my entire life time. i would not be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club in 3-4 years. enjoy him, i know i did

15. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    That sounds very good, we can use a strong player and also someone which is good with headers. Hopefully he will be the next Alex.

16. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Lots of transfer news from Eindhoven.
    Brazilian striker Jonathan Reis returned to PSV. In January he was fired after he sniffs some cocaine. Het did go to rehab in Brazil and now he signs a contract till the end of the season with an option of another 3 years. I am really glad he returned to the club. On one hand it sounds strange to sign a former drug addict but I hope he stop using drugs and with the help of Rutten he can fully concentrate on his career. He has the potential to become a Eredvisie star.
    Marcus Berg is close to a one year loan deal. Last season he was a substitute by Hamburg. Before that he was the big star of Groningen. I am not totally convinced he will bring up a lot of goals. But with almost no money this is probably a good solution.
    Marcelo finally signs a contract at PSV for 3 years with an option for another 2 years. I hope he will be an addition for the team.
    Ibrahim Afellay might extend his contract at PSV. He is not satisfied with the proposals of foreign clubs. So far, only Hamburg reached an agreement with PSV about the midfielder but Afellay declined HSV's offer.
    Mike Zonneveld left PSV for AEK Larnaca. He was just not good enough and I am glad he found I new club.
    Timmy Simons signs a contract at Bundesliga side FC Nürnberg. After five years he lost is place at the starting line-up. I hope he will enjoy his last 2 seasons in Germany.

I am slightly optimistic about next season. It still don't know the exact quality's of some of the new players but the way and speed how the new Sportive Director Marcel Brands perform is a relief compared to his predecessor.

Isaksson, Cassio, Zoet

Manolev, Ojo
    Marcelo, ?
    Maza,Vukovic
    Pieters,Salcido

Bakkal, Labyad
    Afellay, Toivonen
    Engelaar, Hutchinson

Lens, Nijland
    Berg, Reis
    Dzsudzsak, Amrabat

17. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm impressed with the signings. There still lies weakness in the PSV defense though imo.

18. Think this season will become a race between PSV and FC Twente.
    Paga (or anyone else), are you going to translate the interview with your Kanuk in AD Sportwereld for our Canadian friends?

19. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    won't be surprised if it was between ajax and feyenoord instead imo.

twente will be thereabouts, but psv without afellay.. i'm not so sure. without a designated leader this year might perhaps be their transition season.

20. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Maybe, haven't seen the interview yet but I'll see what I can do

21. luhg

luhg New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Folks, we will be interviewing Fred Ruttens this week. Fred will be discussing who PSV are looking to buy, what plans the club have for this season etc.
    We will be bringing you regular updates on PSV all season, player interviews, features on the club etc.
    You can find our podcast on itunes, just keyword search beyond the pitch and it will show up or you can go to our website at www.beyondthepitch.net.
    Thanks

Phil

22. hottentotspur redded

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  23. luhg

luhg New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Folks we caught up with Fred Rutten in Nurenberg. Fred spoke about the Eredivisie this seaso, his uncertainty over the future of Affellay and about possible further new signings or the club.

Interview should be up shortly

24. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that was a nice first victory today especially that 2nd and 3rd goal.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    neeskens won't be happy with this

:p