PSV Eindhoven only for fans [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by bobjeman, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    If I was a manager I'd love to be working with this talented group of youngsters coming out of Belgium right now.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He thinks Russia is more talented and obviously they can pay him more. Fair enough. I'm more annoyed by the fact that he wasted a half year of our time, time that could have been used by our real manager to prepare for the qualifying campaign. Now the new guy will have one, maybe two friendlies before his real job starts.

3. dwbakker

dwbakker New Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Sarnia, ON
    What's the story on Zakaria Labyad?

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Biggest talent in the PSV youth setup but still have some problems to play with bravery.

Did great today

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Exciting talent, high upside. Plenty of turbo power to run over defenders. I like that he was diligent enough to track back and play defense today. Hopefully he'll get lots of minutes next year to develop some consistencies.

6. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Because none of the networks cover domestic soccer in this country, I only just found out Canadian international has signed a 3 year deal with PSV.

He played very well in both Sweden and Denmark so I guess this move to the NL is just natural progression. Canada only plays about 2 friendlies a year and then about 6 WC qualifiers every 4 years so his 47 caps at age 27 is pretty impressive.

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Do you expect him to be good enough for PSV to become a starter?

8. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd say more along the lines of very good substitute. Like a lot of Canadian trained players he's a jack of all trades, master of none. He's extremely versatile in the midfield and can even play as a supporting striker.

He started his European career as a central midfielder and that where he seems the most comfortable but he's not going to unseed Engelaar or Simons. Rutten could try him on the wing but again, you've got better opinions. If this were Heerenveen, Groningen or Utrecht he'd be a starter but for PSV he's just solid cover.

9. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    The latest weeks there are lots of rumours about PSV. After missing the championship and also the 2nd place Rutten wants to improve the squad for next season. Attiba Hutchinson came from Copenhagen on a free transfer and signed a 3-year contract. And he will not be the only signing this summer. The latest weeks media reported the club is intrested in Simon Mignolet (Sint Truiden VV), Robert Lewandowski (Lech Poznan, although Dortmund will probably his new club) and Marcelo (Wisla Krakow, defender), Lens (AZ Alkmaar).
    Also lots of rumours about players leaving the club. Dirk Marcellis is on his way to AZ Alkmaar. He received permission to negotiate with AZ. He might be used in a deal to sign Lens. Our two Mexican defenders are might leave also. Paris Saint Germain seems to be intrested in Carlos Salcido and Francisco 'Maza' Rodriguez might move to Tottenham Hotspur according to the rumours.
    It will be a hectic summer this year for PSV. I really hope we sign at least a decent defender and a least two strikers. We really need some quality players, especially when Afellay or/and DZsudzsak leave our club.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They also drew level with Serie A promoters Ceara.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    theres also rumors saying that PSV are interested in signing 25 yr old Honduran International striker Georgie Welcome from Motagua.

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Have heard that name before, can you show me a source and is he's capable to play for PSV.

13. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Afellay is rumored to be on Hamburg's radar. Goal.com says €10 million is the asking price.

14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Good team for him

15. If I was Wenger I would buy him, as it is inevitable that Fabregas is a goner real soon.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, thats a good idea. Think he's creative enough though?

17. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    €10 million is not enough for Afellay the club already declared. Ibi also said it is an option to leave but it is not a must. I hope he stay or he will be sold for a really good price > €15 million. Some media reports Sevilla is also interested. Maybe after the WC he even get more attention.

18. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Lol @ 15m, have in mind he has only 1 year left.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What did HSV offer? 9 million? That's actually a pretty good offer considering.

20. RWB1

RWB1 Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    But if you become champions and qualify for the CL group stage means also 10 million extra income. Thereby, 9 million is just a first offer from HSV and if other clubs also are interested they can make sell Ibi for a lot more.

BTW after Hutchinson PSV signed another player. The club reached an agreement with Jermain Lens from AZ Alkmaar. Dirk Marcellis transfers the other way; from PSV to AZ.

21. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So what's the opinion from PSV supporters on the Marcellis for Lens swap?

22. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I'm happy about it, but Marcellis isn't a bad defender but will never turn out to be good enough for a big team. He's too slow and too small.

23. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I thought he looked really good in the Olympics but he has seemed to level off. 5'11" and slow isn't exactly the recipe for a great CB. You've at least got to have one or the other.

I guess what it comes down to for you guys is that Lens was too good to pass up. Seems like you guys are a little heavy in attack and a little light at the back, no?

24. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Heavy in the attack? Doubt that, since we had to play with a 16 a 17 yr old Dutch midfielder on the wing in our last few matches.

25. Oranje23

Oranje23 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Victoria, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wasn't that due to injuries? With Afellay, Dzsudzsak, Bakkal, Lens, Koeverman, Toivonen Amrabat and possibly Hutchinson, you guys seem to have plenty of options going forward.