PSV Eindhoven only for fans [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by bobjeman, Dec 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That pass was amazing, both in its accuracy and in how he got it off without it being blocked by the defender.

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sno has skills? I'm not sure about that Orange14. ;)

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    More than Altidore; that was the meaning of the statement. Of course 1 > 0 which is quite different from 10 > 1.;)

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Alright are there any PSV fans that want to make the new thread?

5. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dude, I've been watching Jozy for a while. I follow the MLS and the American national team, albeit not religiously, simply because it gets coverage here. I'm not making a judgment on Jozy based on 30 minutes. More like 30 games.

Now it's real easy to come out and say that all these Ajax fans are so cocky and so superior in their thinking. You're accusing us of being unable to self-criticize? That's a load of crap.

6. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Btw, just watched Studio Voetbal. Surprise, surprise. Waterreus knocking his professionalism. We're not making things up out of thin air, you know.

7. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    the guy is only 21 --he plays like a bull--I've seen him on MLS here and on the US nationals as well-
    -he has alot of raw talent and energy that needs channeling--

how about Oranje this year--they kind of played with attitude and were seen as unprofessional by the rest of the world with their borderline thug tactics--I did not here anyone complain then--it was effective

we can't all be songbirds--some attain greatness by being hawks and falcons

I think Verbeek will mentor into him over a year--I''m sure that is the AZ plan

there must be something about him that makes him somewhat effective or they would not have put the money out--and getting a goal in game 1 really helps

Sorry but its true on the Ajax comment side--Sigi was not mentioned at all last year on any Ajax comments--now he's the saviour?
    this would be the same for Altidore if he has a good year and Ajax grabs him next year--this year he's a talentless capetbagger who has not technical knowledge and is rude on the pitch
    next year if he happened to be with Ajax he would be a formidable striker with attitude

8. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sigi kind of came out of nowhere last season. I don't even think he made an impact with AZ until the 2nd half of the season right?

Nobody thinks Sigi is the savior. He's a solid young talent that came for the right price. Most importantly he appears to be a selfless hard working guy with a good attitude. After a season with Mounir that all of a sudden becomes really important.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24072460&postcount=49

I think you can find enough self criticism in that post (or the previous ones in that thread from me), especially in the last bit.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like Sigi, young, mobile, fast. Looks sharp that boy. Now we have to ho much he will score.

11. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really? You didn't see me here? Campaigning against Van Marwijk and his tactics?

Or turkeys.

Ajax only has one savior and his name is Johan Cruijff. I would have just as glad had Siem de Jong on our #9. But it's obvious Sightorsson is a much, much better player than Altidore. Did you know Altidore scored 4 goals in 50 league matches since he left the US, that's including his goal on a platter of last week.

12. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    Regarding Oranje last year as I stated last year--the winners write the history books--
    not the losers-
    -had we won last year--EVERYONE would have forgiven Van Marwijk for his tactics and joind the parade nd praised the style used----and he probably would be leading England in the next WC--watch how many teams use these tactics next time----it almost worked if not for Robben missing a golden opportunity---nothing succeeds like success

for those dinosaurs like Cruijff and some of the fine posters here--who were abhorred by the play--fine--try tidly winks--maybe you can become champions there but unless you are willing to stretch the limits of the rules to win like everyone else does you won't get there--you play to your strengths--playing beautiful football was pretty--pretty frustrating

regarding the birds--Altidore is not a turkey--AZ would not have put 4 mil out for him--but this judgement will take time just like Sigi--and he has his ambitions and Az have theirs--if it fits for a couple of years all the power to both--he's not in the MLS anymore and this will be a huge growing opportunity

regarding Ajax--I really think its great that 90% of the posters here are Ajax supporters because its so much fun checking how fluid opinions change--check last yar's thread about El-Hamd joining up---he was walking on water early on

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Man, I'm not even gonna bother. Lets close this thread and get back to discussing PSV and AZ in their respective topics.

14. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    is this thread a free for all....the title is deceiving

15. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club: