PSG Transfer Thread ARCHIVES

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by gaijin, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyI

JonnyI New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Re: PSG Transfer Thread

PSG-Bordeaux 1-0
    Goal from Hoarau!
    Pass from Armand in to the center to Hoarau, shoots with the left foot, beautiful goal

This team can go far if they only can get another striker to help Hoarau and another defender

The Kezman-deal is till going on, but Charles Villeneuve sais that they cant wait forever and if they cant get the Kezman-deal in, hes has two backups, Saha and Anelka

Personaly i feel like one of those two would be better than Kezman, and dont understand why Kezman is the first choise and Saha and Anelka is second and third

2. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY

Because neither ManU or Chelsea really want to or have to sell. Saha and Anelka would both cost quite a bit both in terms of transfer fee as well as wages.

3. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

Not a big deal. Remember Sakho debuted for PSG in a UEFA Cup match on his 17th Birthday - that's still a BIG deal. He had a rock solid match as well.

We need someone in the middle not prone to make a mistake like Sakho did in the Monaco match which was the sole reason for their goal. He's made similar mistakes the past year and it's atypical of a young player. Remember, it's pretty damn unusual for a team to start such a young Central Defender. I think he'll become a hell of a defender this season but we still need to cover our ass.

Rennes is screwing with us. They're will let to Wiltord go to another Ligue 1 side but not us. Putain Rennes.

Fonsos

4. JonnyI

JonnyI New Member

Jun 20, 2008
  5. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  6. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Still need a solid defender; get that, and we'll be really solid imv.

7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Werder Bremen got Claudio Pizarro on loan. He was linked with PSG at one time. Would you rather have Kezman or Pizarro ?

9. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England

Kezman no doubt. I saw them both in their time at Chelsea and Pizarro was ten times worse than Kezman ever was.

10. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

What league are you talking about?
    After all this crap to get him, he better be damn good.

A+,
    Fonsos

11. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

Le Paris-SG suit Silvestre

Nooooooooo........ooooooo!!!!
    Stop following his ass.
    Sitting in a corner trembling with Fear and hoping France Footbal is having a really bad sense of humor.

Fonsos

12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Don't worry i believe he has signed with Manchester City. Everybody relax!!

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Yeah but if Silvestre came to France he'd instantly become one of the best players at that position because I mean Ligue 1 is kinda weak at that position.

14. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004

Silvestre hasn't been transfered to Manchester City yet. He's been linked to Man City, Sunderland, and Arsenal, but no action as of yet. I think he has been quoted as saying that he wants to stay at United for another year to qualify for a testimonial.

15. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

You sound like one the fools who thinks the EPL is the best around.
    He wouldn't be the best in Ligue 1. Although OM doesn't play him in the same spot although he's more than capable of playing it and has in the past - Taye Taiwo is light years better than Silvestre and can actually contribute to the attack. Hell, Boumsong is still better than him and I'd start Sakho over him without losing sleep. Sakho makes youthful mistakes which I can accept because you know he's getting better. Silvestre makes me cringe every time I see him near a ball.

A+,
    Fonsos

16. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

Whew!!!
    Close. Thank You Arsene Wenger and Thank You Arsenal for signing Silvestre.

:rolleyes:
    Fonsos

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Taiwo's better but I wasnt thinking of him because he's a RB. There's still not many good LB's in Ligue 1. Bonnart or Clerc arent much better than Silvestre IMO.

18. Parisien

Parisien New Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Paris, France

I am very upset that we have not signed Charles Itandje. Landreau must go!

19. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

Itandje has never been a good goalkeeper. Being a substitute at Liverpool doesn't make him any good. He attracted the spotlights only because he danced right before to stop a penalty kick. He made a bunch of blunders while he was playing for Lens and that's why they wanted to get ride of him. Let's face it, Itandje and his agent spread rumors because he wanted to join PSG even though PLG made it clear : Landreau was our goalkeeper and Edel his back up. They were just looking for a third goalkeeper (Veron). It made me crack a right smile when he pretended to be PSG savior.

Speaking of Landreau, he was great during the first four matches. So why to left out someone who performs well ? Yes, he sucked big time during the past season, yet I'm convinced that he'll be great during this season. He lost some weight and he has no longer to endure the burden of the national team where the media expected him to make a blunder to blast him. It's not easy to deal with such high and senseless pressure so his vacations also allowed him to renew his will. Hopefully, Landreau is back.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I think PSG had the best summer recruitment of any French better. If Thuram was able to play it would have been even better. They did a great job and the only negative would be failing to get a CB like Patrick Muller but they wouldnt even had needed one if Thuram could have played. Hopefully next summer they can find a way to get Henry or Trezeguet.

21. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY

I also think we had a good summer. I'm very disappointed Thuram has retired, but it's for the best. I hope he sticks around to get his coaching certifications.

I would have liked one more defender and striker. Personally, I wish Yepes and Pauleta were still here. Horeau is doing better than I thought he would and having Guily has balanced the attack so they don't focus on Rothen.

Here's hoping Maka doesn't go back to Les Bleus.

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I thought they were gonna sign Patrick Muller. I dont know why they werent able to get him.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Ronaldo said he'd like to play in Paris.

"The beautiful project PSG"
    "I love Paris, Ronaldo address its readers french. I have an apartment and I often go there. The PSG is now in the process of setting up a beautiful project. They recruited good players and they built a team capable of winning the title. "Club of the capital would not be insensitive to this statement of interest, even if the mounting financial aspects would be a daunting task

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2008/20080919_002535_ronaldo-son-retour-le-psg_Dev.html

24. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY

I heard something about this earlier today. I think he'd be a good player to have on the field, but with his alleged poor attitude and lifestlye, I'm not so sure I'd want him around Sakho and the other youngsters.

Also, he'd probably cost waaaay too much.

25. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Yeah obviously there are teams out there who can pay him more money but it seems he'd be willing to go to PSG for less money. He's made so much money in his career that it doesnt seem to be the end all determing factor based on where he goes.