PSG Transfer Thread ARCHIVES

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by gaijin, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Re: PSG Transfer Thread

Rumors of Kezman to PSG? Dear Lord. Not to be a wet blanket but Kezman has been utter crap since he left PSV. ("I will score more goals than Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Henry.")

Granted he's starting to show a bit of that form again he is not a player I would go looking for if I were PSG. Then again I don't know how bad your forward problem is.

2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

This is not only a rumor since Villeneuve confirmed PSG interest in Kezman.

PSG want Briand still but the Saint-Sernin refused our offer once again...There is also a rumor about Emir Spahic to reinforce our defense.

By the way, Dindane is recovering from a knee operation.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

kezman? his biography* says:

Chasseur de buts impitoyable, Mateja Kezman est une des plus fines gâchettes du continent.

i don't know what kind of drugs these fine fellows are on, but they need to JUST SAY NO!

*foot.fluctuat.net/mateja-kezman.html

4. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

Patrick Muller

a France Football -
    "...L'international suisse, libre de tout contrat et qui a refusé une offre de Grenoble, prend son mal en patience en espérant un pas du club de la capitale à la quête d'un défenseur central. « Peut-être que je ne suis pas la priorité du PSG aujourd'hui, mais cela peut changer dans les jours à venir. Si c'est le cas, c'est avec plaisir que j'irais jouer au Paris Saint-Germain."

A+,
    Fonsos

5. Vamos Ticos

Vamos Ticos Member

Jul 18, 2006

Anyone hear anything about PSG being interested in Costa Rican midfielder Bryan Ruiz of Belgium club KAA Gent? There are a few sites that mention that PSG and other French teams might be interested in him after his performance against PSG last weekend...and his great performance last season in the Belgium league. Other clubs that have also shown interest are SC Heerenveen, Napoli, Olympiakos, and Anderlecht.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

he'd do very well, he's very fast and physical, a shut down defender on the flanks. and yea he is a national team player, so we expect to see him in our Aug20th qualifier against mexico and he's one of the best defenders in Honduras, so i think he'd fit very well, I can see him in a PSG kit and within the set-up quick.

7. rudybay

rudybay New Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Honduras

yo se que con mucho orgullo te expresas solo de rumores, pero nosotros lo tenemos en prueba y con la vestimenta de entrenamiento... ya se esta cerrando la ventana de fichajes, no creo que bryan ruiz sea para la liga francesa, nosotros somos mas fuertes y rapidos... uds tienen mas calma y tecnicam aunque sus afrodescendientes son buenisimos, tipo wanchope... pero nuestros jugadores son la mejor materia prima

http://www.laprensahn.com/ediciones/2008/08/01/boniek_recibe_elogios

8. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

Thanks.
    Once again, I am relying on those who are in France and who go everyday to the Camp des Loges to give us at planetepsg updates on the training and so on. They say he is quite talented with his feet, quick, agile, and despite not being the biggest of players, is not afraid to hit hard when needed.
    However he seems to have defensive problems, he often goes forward, but has trouble coming behind to defend. In other words, they qualify him as a Ceara-bis, but being younger (and so able to learn and develop) and us having no viable replacement on the right flank, he is most likely going to be proposed a contract. I think he is a good signing.
    Besides, we have been playing Bernard Mendy on that spot for years. We are used to Nanard's worst, now that he's gone to Hull, I don't think Boniek can do any worse than him :D

I have not seen any videos of the match, but from accounts of those who did go to the game, they are unanimous in praising Bryan Ruiz, or as they first called him before knowing his name, "the number 20 with the blond hair" as the best player on the Gent side, having given quite a misery to our defense on a many occasions.
    However his name has never been mentioned in the french media.

9. Carefree 95

Carefree 95 New Member

May 31, 2006
    England

Did anyone read about his debut for Hull? He missed a penalty and then gave away two! Maybe getting rid of him was a good move.

10. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

Ummm.mmm we didn't get rid of him. He didn't want to renew his contract.
    (Rolls eyes)

Bernard's mistake was going to Hull. They'll go back down after one season in the EPL. I hope the money's good for him.

A+,
    Fonsos

11. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

So Oscar Boniek Garcia is out. Last time I praise a player --lol.

A+,
    Fonsos

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

why did they get rid of him??

13. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

it is not official yet, it has been announced by a newspaper Le Parisien, that apparently, while he was being very good in the training, he showed all that he lacked during the trip in Portugal. Another idea is that he seems to play better as a right midfielder, and we are a little too stacked in the midfield to add one more.

It is very confusing, and I personally don't believe it yet. Let's wait until something shows up on the club's official website.

14. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

He looked like a Right Midfielder on Saturday and we're stacked there but it would be ashame to release him since he's shown that he's more than capable of playing well for PSG. I'm also hoping what I've read is wrong but....

A+,
    Fonsos

15. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

well the rightback position isn't that urgent, at least, compared to other spots. And we have Diakhaby rising up through the youth teams.

Our real urgency is in the front and back. It's a very good thing they finally dropped Briand, because he is not worth more than 7 million euros on his best of days. We all know Rennes were trying to bullshit us with a phony price, by lying to their own player, and I personally would love it if he could break his contract with them to piss on Moustache. But then again, Le Guen vs Rennes.... Breton contre Bretons, it was quite obvious this thing would have gone on and on for a long time :D
    Some say that if Briand does continue with a bad mood, Rennes will eventually agree to stop sticking crepes up their butts and lower his price to a more reasonable amount, but around mid-August, as to give Briand less time to adjust to the new club.

The other red hot rumor is with Kezman. Some say he will sign on tuesday or wednesday. Perhaps. I am not his biggest of fans. He is a poor man's Pauleta, and with his attitude, I wouldn't be surprised if we try to sell him next summer. And I think even the direction at the club recognizes the fact, that's why they really really wanted to get him on loan rather than a buy.... that and the fact that Colony wants to spend as little as possible :D

For the defense, Charly said Basa is welcome if he accepts the pay he originally agreed to before trying to swindle us. Screw him, if he doesn't want to come, let him stay in Le Mans. Where, it must be said, he earns far less than what PSG offered him.
    Our backup plan, sure it's Traore, but is also Muller, who is on a free transfer, which the management really likes. Other than that, some rumours link us to Sylvestre from Manchester United. It is said that he might accept a paycut to play with us, which is interesting because he wasn't willing to do so when Bordeaux contacted him. I don't know how valid this rumor is. As to the player. I am far from being a fan of his. But who knows, he might fit the bill.

As to Thuram, it was not to be :(

16. Fonsos

Fonsos Member

Sep 21, 2000
    Chicago

I definitely agree with you regarding Silvestre. I've never been a big fan of his nor have I ever thought he was that good.

I don't know much about Kezman but everything I'm hearing hasn't been on the good side. I'm also liking what I've seen from Pancrate but definitely agree that we need a striker.

I don't understand why we just won't sign Muller and be done with it. He's already stated he love to play at PSG, so in my opinion we should do it and get on with finding a striker.

I say find a young player from Serie B in Italia for a year's loan. Juventus has enough playing at that level who could probably fit the bill for us and on the cheap -- lol.

A+,
    Fonsos

17. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

It's a bit unfair to be that down on Briand, he didn't have the best of seasons though he did do well during much of the season previous (which led to him earnings his caps). I think, given some of the sums we're seeing this mercato, that he is not that overvalued. Besides, he is actually a player who is much desired, given that attack is likely the biggest question mark on this apparently much improved team.

I think the appeal of a player such as Silvestre is the idea he brings a winining mentality since he's been on so many winning teams, despite being no more than on the fringe with Les Bleus.

In any event, it appears a very good offseason for PSG, the only concern I would have is whether the team can gel with so many additions, though if they are able to, I believe this team can be very, very good.

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I would have signed Kezmen, Briand and brought back Pauleta but I know thats not possible and now they will end up with just 1 of those 3 and that really isnt enough.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

my personal opinion is that all three of them might not have amounted to much, they all have big question marks.

20. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I don't think there is a single striker in L1 who does not have a question mark over his head.

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I'm not sure what you mean. Benzema, Cisse, Cavenaghi and Gomis will all score plenty of goals. No worries.

22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

According to L'équipe, PSG and Fenerbahçe reached to an agreement. Kezman will join PSG on a 1 year loan. This loan includes an agreed fee of 4 million Euros if PSG avoid relegation.

That's pretty cheap. Congratulations to Roche & CV...I must be wrong, congratulations to Thiriez. He suggested that Makelele and Giuly came back to France because of him so thanks mustache.

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Who do you think will score more goals this year. Kezman or Klasnic ?

24. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006

haha, the best part is when he tried to suggest that the league is getting stronger because of the new signings from abroad outweigh the "few" youngsters who left abroad... and when you think of it, it was of old players who will retire in a year or two!
    What a bunch of idiots run this league. And when you think of how hard they tried to kill this club, now only to see them happy to have Make and Giuly come back.
    And perhaps even Kezman.
    Who I do not believe is our solution. He is an average player, with a bad mentality, who will join a long list of failures, Kluivert, Carew, and those other guys who were in Lyon or Monaco. I can't believe I forgot their name :(

Still, I think all we need is a good defender, and maybe a solution for our flanks, and we can start the season knowing we at least should finish midtable.

As to that Hondurian, yes, he was dropped. It seems the club eventually did not believe he would be worth it. Well that's too bad, hope he does better elsewhere. And more importantly, that we find something! We are running light on defense.

25. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY

Rumors have Givet going to West Ham for 2.2 mil Euros. I'd take him for that and put Camara on the right.

---------Landreau----------
    Camara-Givet-Sakho-Armand

Not a bad back line.