PSG Transfer Thread ARCHIVES

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by gaijin, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Okay, about time we started this. Post any transfer rumours and talk into the thread. Both players going in and out of PSG this summer.

I'll get the ball rolling....

Liverpool's Djimi Traore to PSG?

After some difficult debuts for Liverpool, the French defender, Djimi Traore, seems to have found his place in the Reds team. The 25 year old, former Lens player would seemignly be ready to begin a new adventure next season....

"I would like to discover an other choice", he explained to 'Le Foot'. "Italy, attracts me, but PSG would be a dream move. The club, has had a season of problems, but I would really like to play in their colours some day," he acknowledged.

Paris dream of Kalou?

Despite the effervesance in Paris following the departure of Francis Graille, replaced as president by Pierre Blayau, PSG through their sports director Alain Roche, is looking into perspective for next season.

Therefore, Paris have already staked their claim for Auxerre foward Bonaventure Kalou, already touted by Monaco and Lyon. According to 'Foot Transferts', the Parisian club would appear to make a first bid to Guy Roux for the player. The capital club, would have to offer around 8m euros to prise him away from Auxerre.

Whilst Lyon already have an agreement on the player, Paris would be somewhat in a priveldged position under an Auxerre - Alain Roche agreement. On would doubt however the way in which Lyon approached Kalou pleased Roux, and at this moment, it could well profit PSG.

2. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Re: PSG Transfer Thread

Older stories - sorry, I haven't been reading the news. :eek:

Anthony Le Tallec

Francky

No chance - he's staying at the Boro! :D

Walter Pandiani

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Ganu,

Great to see someone is on the PSG scene, especially the transfer rumors.
    PSG need help on many levels. Basically they need a serious attitude adjustment. So who ever they bring to Paris, they need to be passionate and want to don the PSG kit.

Ooops, Pandini would be a nice pick up.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I think I'm the only person here who thinks Kalou is over rated. Guy Roux hasnt sold a lot of players to other French teams lately.

5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

There was also talk of us being interested in Zigic, and him playing alongside his Serb-team mate Ljuboja.

That should be interesting, considering, Niko is 6ft 7!

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

HOLY GIANT FOOTBALLER, Batman!

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

M'Bami to Liverpool or Chelsea???

Liverpool and Chelsea could be having a battle on their hands to win the race to sign PSG midfielder Modeste M'Bami.

The Cameroon midfielder interested Chelsea last December before his injury, which had put an end to all possibilities of joining Stamford Bridge in January. Jose Mourinho, again seems interested by the 22 year old, but will face competition from Rafael Benitez, who appreciates him enormously. The Sapnish coach would have already contacted M'Bami, who has not hid his desire to leave Paris this summer.

Arsenal have equally been interested by the former Sedan player, and could also join in the 'battle'. Marseille and Lyon are also keeping track, but the English clubs have a greater financial muscle.

8. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Landrin set to join PSG!

According to today's France-Le Parisian, the Lille midfielder, Christophe Landrin, will be the first PSG recruit for next season. With his contract at Lille set to end at the end of the season, the LOSC midfielder has already signed a 3 year contract with the Paris club last week.

The arrival of Landrin, will not be officially announced by PSG until next week.

- Good move or not??

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Toulalan to PSG?

As it has been underlined in Foot Transfers: "My contact is more hot towards PSG and Lyon. Lyon have been in contact for about 2 or 3 weeks with my agent. Paris, was interested in me at the beginning of the season. I think that if I had a choice, I would rather go to Lyon. Nevertheless, it's not my prinicple preoccupation for the moment, I am thinking about saving Nantes before anything." One thing is certain, Jeremy Toulalan, scorer of a goal in 30 matches this season, is without doubt, a player with enormous future potential.

This guy will be a good signing, especially if Modeste goes. Playing him in a 5 man midfield with Landrin, Cana, JR and a new right winger would seriously rock!

The problem is, Lyon will have the better muscle to get him, than us. If, they hold onto Essien of course.

10. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

As a free transfer? I think so

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Allpsg have done a round-up who should saty, who must go and who will be going.....

Because its really long, I'll just summarise each player....

Goalkeepers

Lionel Letizi - Just signed a new contract, one of best players this year. Will stay as no1.

Jérôme Alonzo - Signed up until 2007 - having lost his regular first team place under Vahid to Lionel, may be uncertain about his future, to find a regular first team place. However he is happy and looks to fight for his place as no2.

Mohamed Benhamou - Contract is up at the end of the season - He will leave as a free agent.

12. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Hopefully he will do as well as he did for LOSC.....

I think if we can get a few free transfers in, then this will save on old transfer kitty.....

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Defenders

Stéphane Pichot - signed up until 2007 - he shall stay as he is good competition for the right back spot.

Bernard Mendy - well, says it all - signed a 4 year extenstion earlier in the season. Has to prove himself next year to get a callup for the WC qualies with Les Bleus.

Sylvain Armand - Signed up until 2008. Has had a difficult settling in period. Next year will be his test.

Jean-Michel Badiane - Has a contract which runs to 2006. Has found it difficult as well. Especially the role of playing first team - could be loaned out, to find his feet.

Mario Yepes - Phew, where to start? Turned it around post Xmas. Our defense must be build around his game. A shining star for us. Unsellable.

José Pierre-Fanfan - The fans favourite..... :rolleyes: With us needing a good defender to partner Yepes, he is not it. I wouldn't be too surprised if he left. In fact, he must leave. Get rid and we shall get in a better defender. Anyone from National is better than him.

Jean-Hugues Ateba - Hmmm. Came from Nantes and never really played. Could be sold me thinks.

Helder - His contract is up after his one year deal from Benfica. He will leave after proving his mantle as stop-gap solution.

14. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Midfielders

Jérôme Rothen - One word - Indispenable. He, again, is one of the stars. Blighted by injuries, he is one of our gems. Read what he says in French, this is his dream - to play for PSG. He is proud to be a Parisian. His heart runs thick with the blood of red and blue.

Edouard Cissé - Ouch. He just remains as part of the furniture doesn't he? Been with us since 1999 and has passed hands more than a dodgy five pound note with some serious offloading loan deals to Rennes, West Ham and Monaco. Despite interest from other clubs and his contract up in 2006. He looks set to stay on after being handed a 2 year extension.

Lorik Cana - Interets from nearly every big club, highlights the boy's talents. Only 21, he is still learning and has proven his worth. Should stay.

Modeste M’Bami - Massive interest from other bigger clubs, although I would like him to stay, if he wants to leave - so be it - we can use the cash.

Branko Boskovic - Another bonker PSG contract. Usually we offer stupid long contracts to one seasoners like this guy. Is talented no doubt, but never wants to use that talent. A real shame. He will leave. No tears shall be shed in the city of lights over it, either.

Hocine Ragued - Was out on loan this year, he will surely leave. Bye-bye to him.

Selim Benachour - His contract is up, and he can start looking for a new club, seeing as we won't give him a new contract. Ajaccio the likely favourite it would seem.

Felipe Teixeira - Was on loan to Leiria last year - is still under contarct. No one will take him off our hands, so he will prolly stay.

Charles-Edouard Coridon - Contract is up - Au revoir sucker.

15. cass75

cass75 New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Now I'm dreaming mate!

16. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Attackers

Reinaldo - Hmmmm. A supposed 4m euro from Toulouse is on the cards. Sell, sell, sell. 7 goals is not good enough.

Pauleta - His contract up next year and his stalling to sign a new one, means he must be sold, so we can cash in... However, he is the process of signing a possible on year extenstion prior to the WC, so he could well stay on.

Fabrice Pancrate - Has had a inconsistent year. Is tied down till 2008, he will maybe loaned or given a new chance next year. Regardless, he should stay a PSG player next term.

Serguei Semak - Has divided some fans, but has the quality to suceed at the club. Has a deal till 2007 - he shall stay on.

Danijel Ljuboja - After a crap start, he has started to blossom under Lolo. He wants to stay and should remain, if he wants to break into the Serbian side for the WC.

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Loan returns

Vedad Ibisevic - Remains to be seen if he can do it Ligue 1. He will maybe spend another season out on loan in Ligue 2, to earn his French football trade.

Alioune Touré - Contracted to 2006 - he will be sold. He will not fugure much in our plans.

Romain Rocchi - Again, will stay to 2006. Will not figure much, and will probably be loaned out again or possibly sold.

Bartholomew Ogbeche - May leave, especially with lots of interest from other French clubs.

Franck Dja-Djedje - Will be loaned back out. Still only young.

18. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

PSG are in the race to sign FC Brugges' Czech defender, David Rozehnal. The deal is believed to an imminent agreement of around 2m euros.

According to our colleagues at Foot-Transfert, PSG would be in the process of concluding the deal with FC Brugges for the player.

The tranfer fee, is believed to rise to 2m euros with a 4 year year contract. If the transfer can be finalised, PSG would abandon hopes of signing Sylvain Monsoreau, mainly beacuse Sochaux do not wish to sell him, except for a insummountable offer.

aha! - http://skysports.planetfootball.com...title=PSG+in+pole+for+Rozehnal&channel=France

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  20. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

I like. Him on the right and JR on the left would be ideal. :)

No spring chicken but is proven in Ligue 1. We have badly needed some balance on the right hand side to complement to team.

I think he wants to be in the France squad for the WC, so he needs first team experience. We can offer him that, Milan can't.

Sign him up now.

21. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know; the Nantes sell-off worked out only marginally for us; maybe Lille lets him go for a reason. OTOH, maybe he's just pricing himself out of Lille's range in his contract demands, but is substantively better than what we have. Is he DM, CM, or AM? Lille did well last year, and nothing succeeds like success.

22. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

Not sure. Central mid. Definetly more attack minded than Cana or M'Bami.

We still need a new striker though.

23. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia

In the search for a new striker, PSG have made an offer to Bayern Munich in a bid to capture the services of 23 year old, Paraguayan striker, Roque Santa Cruz.

The information has been confirmed by German club. "The proposition is concrete and interesting" declared Uli Hoeness, the general manager of the club. Currently injured, the player could receieve a contract extension by the Bayern backroom staff though.

It would also seem according to the daily newspaper, L'equipe that the formal bid concerning the Milan midfielder, Vikash Dhorasoo is started to advance favourably for the club. The Parisian club, was showing itself an optimistic mood on Thursday, should Edouard Cisse sign a two year contract extension and Modeste M'Bami sign out a one year extension to his. In attack, Danijel Ljuboja could be sold. His selling price is fixed at around 3m euros.

24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Another French league player with the lame "Oh it would be a dream for me to play in England" type of speech. I'm so tired of that crap. "M'Bami says to English clubs come and get me." Who the heck writes these false headlines ??? English tabloid scumbags. See ya M'Bami. Dont let the door hit your sorry ass on the way out.