News: PSG 2012 - 2013 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, May 31, 2012.

1. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I feel like we've been slow in first halfs since the start of the season . Without looking I bet we've scored more goals in the 2nd half than we have in the 1st .

The referee sucked but I always felt Saint Etienne was capable of scoring . With our inability to punish teams we're always going to give the opponent a chance . On that note there isn't much difference between now and the last two seasons .

2. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I believe that's because for the teams playing against PSG it's a cup match therefore are more agressive, are doing more pressing, are putting more intensity than any other of their other games. However, they can't keep playing at that pace the whole match so we are seeing PSG taking the control of the match in the second half or more often after the first 20/30 minutes. Even in these first 20 minutes, PSG opponents are rarely dangerous and are barely creating any chance.

Honestly the game against Saint-Etienne is a little different because PSG dominated strongly this match from the very beginning. The goals came on indivual mistakes from Sakho and Bodmer : Sakho covering Aubameyang and scoring an own goal and Bodmer losing the ball and walking not to get it back. I hope that this performance will at least open the eyes of Ancelotti on Bodmer case. To me the weak link in the matches like Saint-Etienne or Porto is the trident in the midfield and the absence of Motta doesn't help.

3. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's very true and it just makes it very frustrating to watch .

The game right now against Zagreb is a great example . PSG totally dominating but only 1-0 up . No disrespect but they're probably the worst team in the competition . Why aren't we killing them at home ?

4. Les Rouge-et-Bleu

Les Rouge-et-Bleu New Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    We awakened nicely in the 2nd half.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 assists for zlatan:eek:
    next two games are still must wins to ensure getting first, but hey thanks psg for adding some points for france unlike...

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  6. Les Rouge-et-Bleu

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    2 match ban for Ibra.

7. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    amazing beginning of match from Verratti and Sakho. Impressive.

8. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I thought Sakho would come back to a good level after a good beginning of season but his last 3 have been bad. We have had yet again a good example of his poor technique in the first 10 minutes of the match.

Nice goal from Maxwell

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ten man psg leading after struggling and could have been up 2-0

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so many cards.....belhanda a hot head, maxwell has put in a solid performance not so for van der wiel

NicolasN. repped this.
  11. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Unfortunately, the right back position is a big weakness of PSG. The turn over between Van Der Wiel and Jallet since the is proving that none of them have been convincing. VdW and Jallet have had one good game each since the beginning of the season.

I want to add thanks Matuidi for Cabella's goal. 1-1 FT.

Samora repped this.
  12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw i thought lavezzi put in a good 90mins, I havent seen him play for psg that much was he injured?

NicolasN. repped this.
  13. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    If I remember correctly, he was suspended after the game against Ajaccio where he was sent off, then he got injured. He came back against Porto as a sub and got injured again only after a 7 minutes on the pitch and kicked a cooler. It's true that he had a good match against Montpellier.

Samora repped this.
  14. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Ibra...
    [​IMG]

I've read that the neogolism "zlataner" created by Les Guignols could enter in the dictionary, too.

15. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Fixed my post. :laugh:

Amalfitano is only suspended 2 games for his elbow and slap on Matuidi...

16. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The book "I'm Zlatan" will come out in France in february 2013.

17. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's clearly the referee's fault we're losing to a garbage team at home who are playing with 9 men .

I don't think it could get any more pathetic than that . Absolutely embarrassing

18. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So two home defeats in a row . Only 4pts ahead of the 9th placed team in the league who have played a game less .

All this money spent and this is the best PSG can do , in a terrible league ? What a fail

By right Ancelotti should be getting sacked since AK got sacked for much less . It won't happen though , Ancelotti is a " big name " and that's all what the new PSG cares about .

19. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I believe that Verratti is even more stupid than Ribery. How many times, since the beginning of the season, has he tried to beat an opponent while in his own penalty area and lost the ball ? 4 times ? Everytime it lead to a scoring opportunity for the opponents. This time it was FK that almost lead to a goal. He never learns.
    When I'm hearing that Lavezzi has "la grinta" while when he loses the ball all he's doing looking down the pitch and stopping his effort, it makes me crack a right smile. "La Grinta" is Sorin or Heinze and not Lavezzi. The injury of Menez hurts PSG a lot.
    Anyway, it's obvious that PSG midfied is a big problem. Motta is always injured and it's hard to base your midfield on a player like him. Matuidi is too weak technically (physically and tactically too), Sissoko is not coming at a good level after his injury.

And goal from Lavezzi, totally underserved.

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Paris Est Magique

nice win vs Kiev....

thank you Lavezzi!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Les Rouge-et-Bleu

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Ibra is on a tear today.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  22. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Lavezzi & Ibra WTF :eek:

Lavezzi x2:eek:

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no worries lets focus on ligue1 and the champions league

ALLEZ PARIS!!!

btw big ups to both keepers Douchez and Ruffier !

24. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    A little surprised by the article in Le Parisien quoting an anonymous player saying that when you're French you get the feeling that you won't play. Against Saint-Etienne, there was Douchez, Armand, Sakho, Jallet, Matuidi, Chantome and Menez in the starting 11 thus 7 players out of 11 were French. Perhaps, there were too many of them. lol

The way PSG attacked against Saint-Etienne is kind of frustrating. You get the feeling that the three players (Menez, Lavezzi and Ibra) upfront have to make the difference alone since there was no support from the midfield and even less from the RB and LB which is why is better at counter-attacks. The only time Armand crossed it was kind of ridiculous. If Armand is preferred to Tiené as back up of Maxwell, it's because of his impact in the locker room and not because of his qualities. He's washed up, there is a reason if he was no longer playing LB but CB, 2 years ago.
    To me, the biggest factor remains this midfield too weak tactically and technically. During the pre-season, I was worried of the abscence of Motta and the injury of Sissoko during the preparation which had a very negative impact. He's still physically out of form. We're at the end of November and we've have never seen the midfield that was fielded during the second part of the past season (+Verratti). PSG midfield relies on Verratti and it shoudln't be the case. He's young, he has to improve. It's obvious that the the biggest work for PSG during the upcoming transfer window will be to bring technique, intelligence in this midfield that offers no movements now.