News: PSG 2012 - 2013 Ligue 1 and domestic cup match thread

Discussion in 'Paris Saint Germain' started by StarrMatthieu, May 31, 2012.

1. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    According to Ancelotti himself, Lugano and Menez will miss the pre-season friendly against Barcelona because they got injured against DC United. Chantome might also miss it because he was sick yesterday. He said that the line up should be :

-----------------Ibra--------------------
    ---Lavezzi-------------------------Nene
    ---------Pastore----------Chantome (or Verratti)
    -------------------Bodmer------------
    Maxwell-----Sakho-----Alex-----Jallet

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Big chance for Sakho to impress. He needs to play lights out and even 1 mistake will hurt him.

3. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    The game ended in a draw 2-2 and Barcelona won during the penalty kicks 4-1.
    Even if you take into consideration that it's a friendly against Barcelona and that they are better than PSG, the first half was bad on PSG part. The midfield : Bodmer, Pastore, Rabiot fielded by Ancelotti was too soft , they were not pressuring enough the opponents. It was much better when Verratti came in and also Matuidi. Bodmer can no longer play at PSG. A good game from times to times is far from being enough and he's too fat so he has no endurance and is always walking...

We have seen that the team lacked of automatisms during the first half. The offense was congested with Lavezzi, Nene and Ibra concentrated in the same area. It was obvious that PSG made poor use of the wings. Not to mention that Nene has been unbearable during this match both tactically and technically by trying to his show and not passing fast enough.

If you focus on the defense, Camara had a good entrance and Sakho had yet again a good match despite the dive of Sanchez. During the pre season games, he had only good games. Even if he's only a back up, Bisevac is annoying. He's too stupid, he has played a few games as right back and he still doesn't understand that he should not position himself that close of the CB.

Even if it's just a friendly and that the players of Barcelona who won the Euro just came back, it was still pretty cool to play against them. There will need time to the players to understand each other and also the come back of Motta, Sissoko, Silva and Menez will probably do good things.

4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  5. nickcat

nickcat Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Southport
    Club:
    --other--
    Yuk ....... that Barca away strip is awful.
    Can't read too much into pre season friendlies, a draw and a decent second-half against Barca seems to hint at good things to come ......... I guess, we'll see next week.

6. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  7. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Verratti and Sirigu got called up by Italy. :)

8. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    2-2 against Lorient. Le PSG limite la casse mais il y a des putains de coups de fouet qui se perdent. The way PSG defended is simply scandalous. As I feared the absence of Motta and Sissokho in the midfield was a pain. Ancelotti has his share of responbalities in this by not fielding a midfield which doesn't press enough, that doesn't defend enough, not strong enough. He needs to stop with Bodmer. He has been horrible during the past season, stop. Not to mention the left back and right back that were positioned really high on the pitch at the same time. If you add to that, the offensive players that were not defending at all, you end up with only 2 players...2 players only to counter the offensive of Lorient. Menez had a fantastic end of the season, last year. I was disappointed to see that he made no efforts on his positioning tonight unlike last year. I expect from him to do like during the last 3/4 months and to improve on his finishing. Lavezzi is even worse, everytime Lorient counter-attacked he was looking down. It's good to run with you see the ball, to call the deep everytime but it's even better when there are the defensive efforts to back it up. We better not sell Nene.

Thanks Zlagod, Ibra was here.

9. austieaust1

austieaust1 Member

Nov 20, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice fightback today but we should have won...

Ibra was terrific in the 2nd half

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    just a question I have..I got on different forums, and when it comes to soccer talk...how come so many people are hoping to see PSG fail this year? is it just because they brought in so many high dollar players this year?

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yup

13. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    In France or abroad ? It's simply called jealousy or hypocrisy and it's even funnier when you remember what kind of talk Marseille fans had when Kachkar was supposed to bring them the best players. I won't even mention Tapie or Canal for PSG. Or even Lyon that represented not much in France until Pathe and the signing of Sony Anderson which lead to their reign in L1. I've been surprised at first when I saw Malouda and Essien joining Lyon while PSG were after them.

People don't like to smell their own shit like Arsenal fans complaining about Nasri leaving for money while they got him from "his" club : Marseille thanks to the money they despise now. Ferguson complaining about the same thing he wanted to do, has already done and will probably do again the future. Hearing the fans of clubs who based their success on debts that, today, explain to you what's moral or not because they can no longer do it is just ridiculous. The clubs that are stealing young players from french academies that adopt this posture of moralists too. Hi Ferguson, hi Pogba.

On top of that I believe that the people who discovered football with the globalisation of football don't know football before the 2000's and are cheering for the teams that succeed in this globalisation so they don't know PSG in 90's that made pretty good performances in Europe with Rai, Valdo, Weah (hi Milan) and so on... I won't name them all thanks to a sugar daddy already. Maybe they do not even know that PSG already spent more than 30 millions € to get Anelka back before QSI, under Canal +. The combination of Bosman and this globalisation lead to always the same clubs competing in Europe, the gap with the other clubs is getting wider and I strongly believe that FFP please the clubs actually of top of football. Of course, football getting more and more bland because it's better for the TV is also annoying. Anyway, It pleases me when you see what happened for French footbal since Bosman that PSG gives a little retribution.

I exchange QSI whenever you want against pre-bosman football. ;)

StarrMatthieu and FC.7 repped this.
  14. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    PSG NEEDS MORE BANDWAGONERS !!!!!! the more the merrier !!!

i want armies of PSG SUPPORTERS!!!!!

15. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha i wouldnt call myself a PSG bandwagoner, I'm french and italian so Roma has always been my favorite team growing up but I have followed PSG for some time now. but this season I'll be following more closely bc Ibra has been my favorite striker for the past few years now. Very glad to see him get outta milan and join PSG.

16. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I'm becoming skeptical of Financial Fair Play changing very much. I read the other day that if a team is not meeting the criteria, all they have to do is show gradual improvement from year to year to avoid penalties. So lose 100M in year 1, lose 90M in year 2 ... pas de problème. It looks like a more level playing field may not be any closer as UEFA hoped.

17. slnaclubvn

slnaclubvn Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Th. Silva was purchased for the reserve game :)). PSG have to spend "moutain money" to get this player. I think the best team is:

-----------------Ibra--------------------
    ---Lavezzi-------------------------Menez
    ---------Pastore----------Matuidi
    -------------------T.Motta------------
    Maxwell-----T.Silva-----Alex-----Sakho (Jallet)

18. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    :confused: what are you talking about ? It's what was supposed to be the line up for the barcelona friendly...

19. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Lavezzi is a retard.

20. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    No more lights in the stadium. :ROFLMAO:

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I never saw Ancelotti with his hair messed up before today when he was dismissed.

23. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
  24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Probably going to beat Lille because they dont play ultra defensive and will leave gaps open at the back.

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    probably psg will score on lille but lille has also managed to score in each of their games something psg is struggling to do