Proximos Partidos Amistosos - Seleccion Absoluta

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by ecua_toriano, Apr 15, 2011.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Nope, el partido va a ser en el Capwell

2. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador vs Honduras will be on Wednesday, 02-29-12 in Estadio Capwell and I will be in Palco watching that game! How about that!

3. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    So is this going to be the only friendly before qualifiers ???

4. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    From what I heard, Yes! If the National Team has another game, they will have a game with only the players that play in Ecuador vs another team to be determined!

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well the list is out.

Arqueros.
    Máximo Bangüera (Barcelona)
    Alexander Domínguez (Liga de Quito).

Defensas.
    Gabriel Achilier (Emelec)
    Diego Calderón (Liga de Quito)
    Jairo Campos (Barcelona)
    Frickson Erazo (Barcelona)
    Jorge Guagua (Atlante-México)
    José Madrid (El Nacional).

Volantes.
    Walter Ayoví (Monterrey-México)
    Segundo Castillo (Pachuca-México)
    Edison Méndez (Liga de Quito)
    Jéfferson Montero (Real Betis-España)
    Cristhian Noboa (Dynamo-Rusia)
    David Quiróz (Liga de Quito)
    Énner Valencia (Emelec).

Delanteros.
    Jaime Ayoví (Pachuca-México)
    Christian Benítez (América-México)
    Narciso Mina (Barcelona)
    Joao Rojas (Morelia-México)
    Christian Suárez (Santos-México).

Two names surprise me: Enner Valencia and Jose Madrid. Enner had a good game against Libertad and a spectacular 45 minutes last Sunday but danm that was quick. Its worth noting that had Antonio Valencia not gotten injured, he's probably not on the list. The Madrid call up also surprises me a bit...he probably got called up because Paredes is banged up

And again no Gaibor or Fidel Martinez. Rojas hasn't really impressed with his play the last couple of games and I think that Martinez should be given a chance. As should Anangono.

Some notable players are missing, namely due to injury- Morante and Saritama.

6. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, but I'm glad about Saritama not getting a call-up because of injury. No offense to him, but he's not NT material. He gets pushed off the ball to easily, has a small frame that cannot sustain the bangs. Despite the garra, he's not tough enough imo. At least Edwin Tenorio compensated for his small stature by being like Gattuso...a freaking bulldog.

7. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The Mach... where did you get this list of players for the next game of Ecuador vs Honduras on Wednesday, 02-29-12?

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm happy as well but lets be honest, if healthy, Saritama is in Rueda's plans. Had he been healthy he would've been on the list instead of Quiroz.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the two keepers called up- good.

Defense- FINALLY!! and i'll say it again, FINALLY!! Jose Madrid gets his chance. GOD!! how long did that have to take. I heard an interview Rueda had this week talking about him and Pedro Velasco and how they're being closely observed. I'm happy for Madrid, that's the TYPE of right back we need. The rest is solid besides Jorge Guagua who we all know isn't NT material. Morante wasn't called up b/c Rueda said he's injured and wants to give him time to fully adapt to U de Chile. So that's the only reason Guauga is there.

Midfield-Everything is good here as well besides David Quiroz. I gave up on this kid playing for the NT a while ago. He's been inconsistent when he plays for the NT and we don't need that with the quality of midfielders we have. You can blame Fernando Gaibor not being called up due to Emelec not allowing him, De Jesus, and Enner Valencia to play the friendly earlier this week in Ambato. I'm SURPRISED Enner Valencia got a call up this soon after Emelec's refusal earlier this week to loan out their guys. But this is good. He's an awesome player and if he takes advantage of this opportunity, it could change everything for him. Being called up to the NT will raise his confidence level. I think he really needs it b/c he randomly gets benched throughout the season w/o a good explanation.

Forwards- All good. Besides Narciso (and i know barcelonistas might give me bs for this one). Dudes 29. I;ve watched him play plenty in the campeonato and he does good, but he matured TOO LATE. I think investing time on him is unecessary at this point in his career. Rueda needs to wake the hell up and remember about Felipe Caicedo and Guerron (when he was actually playing), and notice that both of them are guys w/ lots of experience who are still young. Although I'm pretty sure it's not the right moment to call either of them up (since one is just getting back to his old form, and the other doesn't even have a team), I would have given someone like Juan Anangono or Marlon De Jesus a chance. Both of them aren't ready to be called up for a qualifier IMO, but we gotta slowly bring them into the NT in games like these.

10. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What players got called up? i cant find a list anywhere .

11. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would have liked to see Fernando Hidalgo get a call up, the few times hes been called has played very well, in defense of Mina, I kind of agree with Rueda, you cant just not call someone who scored 28 goals last year with a mediocre team, he scored more goals than Benitez, Yoya, Suarez and Rojas combined.
    But seriously why isnt Fidel Martinez there? specially knowing our serious lack of left side oriented players? and am I the only one who would like Arroyo to be given another chance? I mean It wasnt long ago that he was one of our best players.

12. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Defense sucks *** dude. Madrid is an average player we have 4 u20 right backs we should be trying out Pineida*, Velasco, Suarez, Lopez. CB I agree with you Morante should be in, Erazo is by far the only top quality player in this position but we should give Narvaez his chance he looks like a younger version of Erazo. Ill take guagua over checa, caicedo etc any day he could a good reserve. and I hate to see players like Calderon who are crap (note Im a Liga supporter) in the list. Ayovi is getting old we need a good left back and Ramirez should start getting his chances also Nazareno unfortunately he was on drugs or something

Midfield- is okay. I'm tired of seeing Castillo on every list. He's good but only at reserve level. I want to see players like M.bolanos, Gaibor, Cazares, J. Valencia, Feraud, Ibarra, M. Caicedo, and Martinez get their chances.

Forwards I couldn't agree more, Narciso Mina is too old. and we should start giving Anangono some chances. lets wait to see what happens with De Jesus, Chala, and Montano B. Cano etc. Guerron and Caicedo shold definitely be on the team as well.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Madrid is easily the best right back along with Velasco IMO. Velasco should get a shot soon, but I still feel like he's not ready to start for the NT. He's too young and I saw him commit a few dumb mistakes vs. Chivas during that Libertadores game. He needs some time but he's definitely someone who has lots of potential and will be there soon. In a game like this, vs. Honduras, i think players like him and De Jesus (who are not ready to actually be a part of the NT) should get some playing to get some experience. Pineida is a good player as well as Ramirez but right now Pineida isn't starting in Independiente. Matter of fact, i feel like he got lost b/c i haven't seen the kid play since the U-20 WC ended. Ramirez is too young, although he starts and plays really well I think he can't just all of the sudden make it to the NT. I can see it happening later on in the Qualifier, but right now it's too soon to make those moves. John Narvaez, on the other hand, is READY. He's one of the best center backs we have period and has the personality and talent to play at the NT level right now. The other guys you mentioned in defense are getting there but they need a little more time. Or else you'll find us regretting all those moves by the end of the Qualifier saying that these kids screwed up in these games b/c they lacked experience (like we did last time with Benitez, Caicedo, etc.).

I agree with Barcelonista, Fernando Hidalgo deserved a call up now. Never was a big fan of his, but he's developed into a great player this past year in Liga. I don't know what it is, but I never saw anything interesting in Hidalgo before he came to Liga and he honestly didn't impress me the first 6 months in Liga either, but demonstrated great futbol at the international level in the Copa Sudamericana when he had to replace Enrique Vera. Since then I actually see Hidalgo as a player who deserves a shot on the NT, way more than Quiroz who IMO shouldn't be there.

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Achilier, Morante, and Erazo are straight up GOONS on the Nt. Big frame, fast, and alert. Alongside Campos, I think the defense isn't the problem. The team has shaped up nicely, but it's more about finding a good attacking rhythm and the perfect cog to get the pieces moving. Mendez is clearly the player to mastermind everything, and we still don't have a replacement this moment. I think a kid like Cazares or even De La Torre can do it later on, but for now, Edison is our man. Without him, we're lost.

This game against Honduras is upsetting to me because we won't get any more conclusions out of it to merit any serious attention. We know who our starters are for the eliminatorias and Marlon, Montano, Velasco, Madrid aren't our guys for the next two years. Why play them vs. Honduras so they can get snubbed in the eliminatorias.

15. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yea for once im not worried about our defense. I would have liked Noboa to be called up. He needs to regain his confidence with the NT.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm all for giving young guys a decent chance to play but a lot of the guys you mentioned are still to inexperienced, and some dont even start at their club teams-Suarez, Narvaez, Montano, Caicedo. I'm a big Pinieda supporter but he lost his starting spot to Luis Caicedo at Independiente. And let Velasco gain some more international experience before we throw him into the fire. Narvaez is certainly NT material but he's not starting at El Nacional, Juan Carlos Anangono is, who IMO sucks. As for Nazareno...not a fan.

We certainly have young guys who we should keep an eye on but they still need time to develop. I will say this tho, Gaibor is ready for the NT and Ibarra is too if he keeps starting and playing well for his team in Holland.

17. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  18. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just wish Rueda would have had the foresight to not call up Noboa from the beginning. The whole idea was to get himself acclimated at Dynamo as quickly as possible. Good move by Rueda, but it was just such terrible timing. One week before the game. Smh. Hidalgo should get the nod.

19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    didn't he call up Alex Bolanos or some other horrible player like that to replace Noboa for the game next week?

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    esa liga no esta en descanso de Winter?

me parece que es como la MLS....solo hacen pretemporada en febrero y juegan a mediados de marzo, por cuestiones climaticas.

entonces por que no traerlo a formar grp con su propia sele??

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    alright who wants to guess the next amazing team we're playing in May before the qualifiers?

I'll give yall a hint: from Concacaf?

The pupusa boys

22. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    For real? When n where?

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004