Proximos Partidos Amistosos - Seleccion Absoluta

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by ecua_toriano, Apr 15, 2011.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Once Juan Cazares gets a little more confidence with River's first team, I have no doubt that he'll make the jump to the NT...it's logical considering his high IQ game- he is multifaceted in the midfield and up front, and I can definitely see him as our next Edison Mendez with his intelligent play.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not for us...The FEF will not use the FIFA date to play a friendly, instead they will use the date so some of the teams that played in the Copa Sudamericana can make up the postponed games that resulted because of said competition.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Here's a proposal that has popped into my head recently. Here goes: I know that Cazares is still very young, but he has yet to break into Rivers first team. You have to wonder at what point is his lack of opportunities stunting his development. Training with first team and playing with the reserves is good and all but what the kid needs is to play competitive matches at the first division level. So what I am about to propose is this, and I think that it's a win-win for all sides involved at the end of the day. What if Cazares makes the move back to Ecuador for a short time. Two of the teams where Cazares can fit in perfectly and can use his services is Emelec and Liga, Barcelona too but they have Diaz. This is under the assumption that either team qualifies for international competition at the end of the year (Libertadores). I'll share my biased perspective and choose Emelec as his destination. My proposal is this, what if Emelec were to secure Cazares' services on a short term loan (6 mo/ - 1 year). Emelec can definitely use his talents and would fit in beautifully. Quinteros has the team playing with an enganche at times in a 4-3-3 formation, primarily using Mondaini as his man. In my opinion Cazares would be a better option. Now, in the case of Emelec they secure the services of a dynamic, talented player. Cazares would obtain the continuity that he needs and would be in line for a call up for the NT. As an added bonus, Cazares would get to showcase himself in a big stage (Libertadores and/or NT games). Cazares definietely has the potential to shine and thus attract the interest of European teams. An offfer from a European team would be in the realm of reality and River would thus be able to cash in.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't really think that a Cazares move to Ecu even for a finite amount of time is a good idea- first) too close to distractions, and you know how these loans turn out...If it's successful, there is a massive drama to try and stay. Second) I think his last estimated transfer value was like 7 or 8 million bucks. I don't think Emelec could afford the loan price, and tbh...what good is it to rely on a player that is out the door once the contract expires. Cazares will get a consistent shot soon. He belongs at River until he can prove himself successful enough to get a transfer out a la Falcao.

b9d23m89 and barcelonista1981 repped this.
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let us not forget what happened with Fernando Guerrero who left Real Madrid C to join Emelec now he doesnt even start in Independiente.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think his career is the most upsetting I've seen in the last few years. You watch him and play and you know he's talented but it's the decisions he's made regarding his career that have screwed him over. I doubt his price tag is his right now but if he transfer to a top club in Ecuador next season (it's still possible) he's gonna have to bring his A game or else I think he's a total lost cause. I honestly thought he'd progress like Rojas, Montero, Arroyo, JL Anangono and the rest of the guys that he came up with but he's stuck.

As far as Cazares- Let the kid stay at River Plate. I know it's extremely difficult for him to see playing time this season, but he's gotta stay. Eventually, if things don't work out he'll be loaned to some other Argentine club or possibly a 2nd tier European league, but he should stay in River until that happens. There's no doubt that if he's loaned out to an Ecuador club team that he'll almost immediately make a name for himself, but then where's he gonna end up later? the Mexican league? No thank you. Rather see him in River Plate playing with the reserves for now.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are there any rumblings about any amistosos before the upcoming eliminatorias?

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Awesome match!!! As long as we're not playing Honduras, Mexico, Jamaica, or Costa Rica again, I was happy. This is really welcome news.

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Portugal is a good team. This will be a good test to see where we stand. Hopefully the squad has an adequate amount of time to prepare.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't think it's a test to see where we stand. We should never think like that. It makes us come off as an inferior team when we really aren't. The real tests that we've been knocking out pretty damn is well the Qualifier itself.

We play THE MOST COMPETITIVE Qualifier in the world. We know damn well where we stand. We're 2nd in the Qualifier right behind Argentina, right in front of Colombia, Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, etc. The way we are playing right now, we should have a mentality that says "no one can f*ck with us". It should fill us with pride that we're competing with Argentina and Colombia for 1st place. Yes, I'm glad we're playing Portugal over any damn CONCACAF team, but it bothers me when we give praise to these other teams and make it seem like we'd be honored for them to whoop our ass (Let the central american teams have that mentality). Like I said, we're 2nd in the most competitive Qualifier in the World. We have no one to look up to. We can battle it out with the so called "best teams" in the world right now.

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We should be in good shape, barring injuries of course. That's not my priority. My concern is how will the players mentally respond to facing a strong European team. The NT has done a good job of beating up on inferior opponents -Jamaica, Costa Rica, and Honduras, but in the recent past when we've played opponents that figure to content for championships we haven't had a good showing. Case in point Argentina and Colombia (we won but IMO it was pretty). On paper we should be able to compete with any team in the world (okay most teams), but the players need to feel that way. Ecuadorean players are not exactly known for their strong mentality, and that's why I said it's a good test to see where we stand. Having good players and a decent coach is important but you have to have c*jones to stand up to any team.

lav92 repped this.
  14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Agreed 100%!!!! It's all mental

15. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    new fifa rankings out, didn't know where to post it figured here would be fine

went up from 17 to 13

16. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well... they just confirmed the game vs Germany =O also a possibility of playing against Spain! Also including Portugal 2013 is shaping up to be pretty awesome! As long as we keep up with them by a tie or beat them I'll be happy. I believe we can do it. The level of soccer from Ecuador has risen a lot and they have big name players now. Not just that but the Ecua League is better and better and this year is gonna be huge.

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup, I heard about it a few days ago too. From inside sources in the DFB. Looks like Germany vs Ecuador is a done deal for the match in Miami in May.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Portugal in february, germany in May, and Spain in August too.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I am so going to Miami. I have never seen la tri ever.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In Miamiiiiiiiiiii!!! 20 minutes from my house!!!
    Possible venues:
    Sun Life Stadium
    FIU Stadium
    FAU Stadium
    Marlins Stadium
    Lockhart Stadium :(

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If I go, we must hook up. I have already been to a couple games with Damnecuadorian and one with manolo.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    absolutely. Everyone is welcome. Look forward to seeing/meeting some of the Ecuadawgs.

23. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm absolutely going to the Ecuador vs Germany game :D can't wait!!!!

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope no one is offended but I may be wearing my Germany kit. :D Maybe I'll switch at HT.

25. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It will soon be 3 :)

I hope no one is offended that I will come prepared with gasoline and a match. No reason.