Proximos Partidos Amistosos - Seleccion Absoluta

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by ecua_toriano, Apr 15, 2011.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jaime Ayovi has just not had a good season. So far he reminds of el Tin- not good club performances, but exceptionally well in the NT. Look at Ayovi this season- started off scoring 3 goals in the first 4 games then went on a drought (and continues to be on one) And out of NO WHERE he scores twice for the NT when we played Honduras, comes back to Pachuca and doesnt ever score lol. Similar shit Agustin Delgado would pull. Although El Tin had amazing seasons in Necaxa, he pulled that off the majority of his career.
    I think Jaime will be called up no matter what b/c hes one of Rueda favorites.(although with Rueda you never know what to expect- he could even call Felix Borja just cuz he's scored more than Ayovi lately which would SUCK)

Guerron, Renato Ibarra,& Felipe Caicedo have high possibilities to join the NT b/c of their club performances but what makes me think they might not get called up is that they have not played a major role in Rueda's process. Renato Ibarra has never even played a game with the NT so that makes his possibilities even slimmer with Rueda despite his actual form.

lets not count out Michael Arroyo. I personally think he's done really well this season. He's on par with Rojas or maybe even better. He's had the most playing time out of the wingers in Mexico and scored some nice goals playing for a mediocre team. He could definitely be back on Rueda radar as he was one of his favorites not too long ago. But you raise a good point, Fidel Martinez could also play as a forward. Not a bad idea as Guerron and Caicedo's spot is in the NT isn't for sure.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I think Jaime Ayovi gets called regardless of form. He's the only striker that's proven himself to score goals for the NT (I don't count Benitez as a striker, on the NT he plays too close to midfield). Plus him and Benitez have started to form a good understanding.

Benitez and Caicedo, on the other hand, have proven that they mainly get in each other's way. That partnership has brought nothing but frustration.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You're right about Arroyo, he has played well for his club team....unfortunately he has a couple things going against him. He plays for a crappy team that won't play the post season. As a result of this, he won't play competitive matches for several weeks. Rueda has said that this is a concern. It sucks for him because he has been one of the more consistent players during the time he has been with the NT.

As for Ayovi...I wouldn't say he's had a horrible season, but yeah it has been less than ideal. Like I said they play him out of position. They play him as a second striker and on the left wing at times, but his qualities are more that of a centre forward.

4. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I dont think Felipao gets called up. Major issues between him and Rueda. Rueda seems like a snake type of guy that would ignore the betterment of the club because of personal issues.
    He probably believes that the other strikers you guys mentioned ,regardless of club form will/can offer the same as caicedo .I hope im wrong. I really like Caicedo and think if given a chance this time around that he could produce a lot of goals .

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Caicedo gets called up for the June qualifiers ...he has had issues with Rueda in the past but both have gone on record saying its in the past, its a bunch of BS but still...I think Rueda will try to avoid any type of public backlash that can result in not calling up a popular player playing well in Europe. Although injuries can change things, but if Rueda was to make the list today, Caicedo will be on it (I hope)

On a different note...who does, our better yet, who should Rueda take as his third goalkeeper. Dominguez and Banguera are locks if their fit. Who completes the trinity?

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda said him and Caicedo are on good terms again. Same with Guerron. So thats not really the concern right now. Its just hard to really understand what goes on in that mans mind and why the hell he wouldnt call both of them up at this point. Caicedo and Guerron would be great players we could rely on coming off the bench. I dont think either of them will start and probably shouldnt start b/c our usual starters have done well up til now.

And The Machine raised a good point. Players who wont be playing Liguilla this year in Mexico have a slim chance of getting called up b/c they will not be regularlly playing for a month until qualifiers begin. So that being said, your actually right- Arroyo might have a hard time getting the call up although IMO at this point he is someone who deserves to be considered. I dont think Atlante is playing Liguilla (someone correct me if im wrong).

7. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I havent watched many league games , but Bone has been the 3rd guy in recent matches . How is he doing this season?

8. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh really? , thats good to hear . I wasnt informed on them patching up the problems they had. If thats the case shouldn't both of them be a shoe in?
    They are both in great form at the moment(and have been for a while now).

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hasn't really gotten that much playing time...Elizaga has been healthy for the most part so far.

If Rueda wants to go with Bone, he could probably make the cut. The list is due to be out on May 14, and seeing as how Dep. Quito will be playing quarter finals in Libertadores, Ischia will not risk playing Elizaga two games a week, that may give Bone a chance to get a couple games under his belt. Its a slim chance but a chance nontheless. Or Rueda could go with Elizaga himself as he has in the past. Not as a starter but more so because of his leadership.

You can bet on hearing Dreer's name tho, but IMO he still has to put more work in to be considered.

10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Deportivo Quito in Quarter Finals? lol yeah right. They made it so far to the round of 16 but guess whose their opponent? U DE CHILE!! GAME OVER! DONZO! they got lucky Chivas was rusty this season otherwise they would have not passed group stage.

Bone has been sittin bench for a while so i doubt we see him on the NT. The 3rd NT keeper could be a surprise this time. Meaning Elizaga returning (which would only be good for leadership purposes as you said), Dreer getting a call up (which i dont find neccessary), or Rueda just giving Bone the opportunity just to have him there. I honestly think we're fine with 2 keepers and should open up a spot for another player in another position.

11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    After seeing Emelec's game yesterday i'd say it's too early to call up Ener Valencia. Couldn't handle the pressure at this level he still needs work. Only players from Emelec that should be on the NT are Gaibor, Achilier, and possibly Pedro Quinonez for now.

Lets see how Fidel Martinez and Pedro Velasco play against an opponent like U de Chile today.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    btw, Rueda said that so far Renato Ibarra, Antonio Valencia, and Jeff Montero are gonna be on the list. Unless something changes within in the next few weeks (they dont get playing time or get injured).

13. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Valencia had his worst game of 2012...But you have to give Corinthians credit they marked him exceptionally well. They would throw two defenders on him at times. But his decision making was poor-didn't center the ball when he should have and passed the ball in situations he should have gone at his defender. Let's not get ahead of ourselves and say he cant handle pressure, remember he was on his game in the games Emelec was facing elimination-against Flamengo in Capwell and against Olimpia in Defensores del Chaco.

Let's see how he performs against them in Sao Paolo. They will have to attack more than they did and that might open things up for our guys.

But I agree. it might be a bit too early to call up Enner. There's still a couple things he needs to improve on, and he will. Like I said before, I think Rueda will go with Valencia, Ibarra, Montero, and Rojas as his wingers and Benitez, Caicedo, Ayovi, and Suarez as his forwards. That leaves out a couple of noteworthy candidates-Guerron, E. Valencia, Martinez, and Arroyo. Its too bad you don't play soccer with 11 wingers.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    earlier in this Copa Libertadores, I thought Martinez wasn't the strongest of the candidates to join the NT for these games in June. But dudes at an all time high. Rueda was watching this game and i hope he calls him up. Not as a winger, but as a forward -even though he plays both those positions interchangibly in D.Quito. So If theres no Guerron or no Felipe caicedo on the list, I hope we see Fidel's name there. Even though we haven't had the opportunity to see him in any previous matches for the NT, I'd risk it and call him up for the Qualifier.

IMO Cristian Suarez and Jeff Montero will and should be the two guys in charged of the left wing. Suarez is my personal favorite to start over Jeff. And Valencia and Renato Ibarra as the two guys to fill in as right wingers. Obviously we know Antonio is gonna start and Renato will be on the bench. IMO Arroyo and POSSIBLY even Rojas have lost their chance with the NT for these next two games. Rueda is not the guy to go beyond 4 wingers (which will possibly be Montero, Valencia, Suarez, and Ibarra) and 4 strikers (Benitez, Yoya, Felipe Caicedo/N.Mina, Guerron/Fidel Martinez). Arroyo had a better season than Rojas IMO but since Atlante isnt in the Liguilla, his season is over. And Rueda already said that his priority when selecting players will be the ones that are still active when approaching Qualifiers.

On another note, our defensive choices seem slimmer this time since Morante won't be called up. We know almost for sure that Erazo, Campos, Achilier, and W.Ayovi will be called up and all starting vs. Argentina. But as far as the subs, it's a big mystery. I personally think Rueda is going to go with Juan Carlos Paredes and Diego Calderon as right back and left back. And as far as Central defenders theres probably gonna be surprises- Luis Checa, Jose Luis Perlaza, Geovanny Espinoza (Yes, that big of a surprise lol). And the center midfield positions are almost a given- Mendez, Noboa, Castillo, Saritama.

15. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendlies before World Cup qualifiers ?

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looks as if Banguera has a slim chance of being called up for the June qualifiers. He still hasn't played for Barcelona and the window is closing fast. That kinda sucks, I still don't trust Dominguez or Bone to start in the crucial games we have coming.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/27978

17. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Really? I respectfully disagree about Dominguez. I think the kid definitely has what it takes. I haven't followed the ecua league that much this year (so far), but last season Dominguez was stellar. At the NT level, the dynamic changes, but he certainly has big game club experience to compensate for a smaller NT resume.

18. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dominguez will be ready. Hes played in big games before . Dominguez is going to be our #1 for the next 10yrs ... or at least he will be getting called up for the next 10 .

19. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There's an international match day coming up in November, any ideas on who our candidates might be? My money is on a team from Central America, and it's probably for the best. Don't get me wrong I would love to play an Italy or Germany and see how we pair up but the logistics don't quite fall into place. I think this is an excellent opportunity to try out some players. I would like to see guys like Gaibor, Feraud, Miller Bolanos, Marcos Caicedo, Narvaez, etc. Who do you guys think should get a call up.

20. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Juan Cazares

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How about Carlos Gruezo? we do need to think of a "good" replacement for Castillo.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the kid, I've said so before he's one of the young players that have impressed this past season. I've seen him play a couple of times, I believe the kid is only 18 years old but he plays as if he were older. I'll be monitoring him closely when the Under-20 team plays in the Sudamericana. It's going to be exciting to see how Cruezo and Corozo fair against the rest of South America's premier young talent.

The game against Paraguay is several months from now so you never know who can step up, but as of right now, the major candidates to replace Castillo are Saritama and Minda. Another candidate might have been Dennis Quinones, but he has lost his spot and Vizuete is going with Flavio Caicedo. Caicedo has been selected by Rueda in previous call ups but I wouldn't be able to tell you of his current form.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hell yeah. I have wet dreams thinking of the sort of damage we can inflict on opposing teams if we would pair up Cazares with Felipao.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Now lets be realistic, Rueda will call Pedro Quinonez, Alex Bolanos or Minda to replace Rueda.

25. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Friendly on Nov 14 ?