PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS MATCH WORN BOOTS - Post pictures of match worn boots.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by red & wite army, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Re: Professional Players' Custom or Match Worn Boots

Take it you and Gilberto are the same size then! I think I would actually wear the boots if I bought them, to quote Forrest Gump again, "they would be my magic shoes" :D

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Nah, we're definitely not the same size but if I got them, and once i've got a degree in Architecture, I would design my house around them!:p Haha, i think I'll just have to dream about this purchase...just pretend i have it

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I know the feeling, there were some v1's on eBay that I bid on and missed out on by 50 measly pence...they went for £22 in the end, brand new as well. The annoyance was up to maximum level.

Speaking of eBay, it makes me laugh sometimes how people lie to sell their products. Remember this top:
    [​IMG]

The seller claims that this is a player issue top. Now I know for a FACT that this shirt when worn featured the dual-layer technology, IE the pre-pro vent mesh vest that was inside the top, and was cut out by most kit men as the players hated it. I asked the seller to confirm that the top featured this, and he came up with some BS that the top was manufactured when Nike were changing over from dual layer technology to cool motion technology. What made me laugh is that they are ONE AND THE SAME. I told him several times he is selling the top under false pretences but he can't accept he is wrong. The sad thing is someone will actually go out and pay the £30 for something that isn't correct. :(

4. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Well how about this - I bought a shirt and it never came, so i messaged the seller and he never contacted me so after 5 days I gave him a neg. rep. He veventually refunded me but has given me neg. rep saying that I should have sent him a message first. I haven't done much on ebay so now my rating is like 89%. What a tw@t!:mad:

5. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I know, I really don't understand why people would do that. I got two negative reps. Firstly, I paid for express shipping for something and it took seven days to arrive because the guy sent it by regular post (and took my money for express shipping). I neg repped him and he repped me back saying that I was stupid for giving him negative rep for no reason (!). The second guy sold me a CD that said nothing about being a cheap copy he did on the computer, he said it was authentic. I messaged him and didn't get a reply, so I neg repped him and he neg repped me back saying I should address the issue (the issue being that he was a liar for saying the CD was authentic).

My rep is like 98% because I've done like 70 transactions but it's still annoying that I was neg repped twice for no reason.

6. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Zlatan Ibrahimovic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lucio
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Fabio Cannavaro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Ronaldinho
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003

That seller has SO much heat. It's like a monopoly.

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Carlton Cole :

[​IMG]

Currently for sale on eBAY for £60 which isnt too bad!

And these are meant to have belonged to Owen Hargreeves :

[​IMG]

appleCORR

13. Centrocampista10

Jan 1, 2006

Is it me or do most professionals have smaller toeboxes?

14. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia

im going to say it's you haha

15. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore

TREZEGUET

[​IMG]

DUFF

[​IMG]

16. spownsyou10

spownsyou10 New Member

May 18, 2006
    m dub

it would have been pretty cool to see adidas release those f50 all leather like the pros are sporting. :rolleyes:

17. DJ Benji

DJ Benji Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Maidstone, England.

Yep, i reckon so. I wonder why the pro's ones are all leather

18. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

For one its easier to custom fit leather and synthetic than mesh and the there is less water absorbsion with the leather. Also a lot of pros grew up playing in all leather boots and still swear by them so they often prefer the touch and feel of leather as to mesh.

Many of the gimmmicks that are sold to us don't fly with the pro players that know they are bullsh*t and they just agree to wear the brand that pays the most and get their boots made to measure and with the features they desire.

Sheva when he was wearing Mizuno had his Shinkens mad of all leather, they had no rubber pannels on them. He wore a blacked out pair of Morelia Waves when testing the boots and then just had Waves mocked up like the Shinkens.

19. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I wonder if some of the Puma sponsored players that wear V1's actually have them made of leather or some other material.

Marco Materazzi's Vapors:

[​IMG]

20. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

R & W I don't think so cause you see the white v1's all dirty, but I have seen some players especially here in MLS play in the Leather v1's... :eek:

21. DJ Benji

DJ Benji Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Maidstone, England.

I wonder why his leg is all taped up there

22. novascotia

novascotia New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Truro, Nova Scotia

zidane most likely hahaha

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Crouch's black V1's looked like they were leather well before the K-Leather model was launched in the UK, you could kind of tell by the way the creases in the boot fold, at least that is what I thought. Freddy Lunjberg also looks to have at least one or two pairs of the red model that are leather as well as sporting that foldover tounge thing he has. Many of the players also don't have the very pointed toebox that the retail ones have. I saw Pires's on ebay one time, they had a rounded toe box and regular screw in bottoms but were the synthetic.

24. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  25. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I was thinking, I might try putting spikes (a la MVIII) on my Vapor II's. I have a couple of SG pairs which I don't use so I will try it on those. Any idea what the best way to go about it is?