Problems with Giants Stadium Security

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls: Supporters Clubs' started by GIO17, Apr 24, 2005.

1. GIO17

GIO17 Member

I honestly believe that there is a growing problem now with the Security personal at Giants Stadium. For the last couple of years things have been very quiet. Now we are finding out for the last two home matches that the Yellow jackets are intentionally kicking out our members for either rules that are being made up, or because they want us gone.

Do we have to have a sit down with Metro, NJSEA security and ESC? After the match ended against the Fire, I saw them lineing up on the stairs at both ends & to me that has been something new. They all of a sudden ran to the left side of 101 and grabbed someone in the first row. I don't know what they did, but I know for a fact that there was nothing to be secure about. Something tells me they are looking to intentionally kick us out of 101.

Obviously we saw the shirts of the guys in the front row when their friend got kicked out for no reason during the match against the Wizards. I know for a fact going to the Meadowlands during the NFL season when the Jets are playing. So many fans have cursed and swore during everything that goes on at the stadium, they have never tossed an entire section out of the stadium. But here is a rare case when Joe Benigo was doing overnight radio on WFAN. A particular Jets fan called in the show. He got kicked out for blowing a whistle during a game. They asked him to stop. He did. Later in the Jets game the security called him back and then kicked him out. This was the season opener against the Cincinnati Bengals.

What I think is that these people like messing around with fans. I think they believe they have the right to pick and choose people who in their minds should be kicked out. For those of us who drive to the Meadowlands. We pay our $10 to park our cars. We pay the $18 dollars to stand and cheer in our section for the love of Metro. I am angry that this is happening all over again. Something has to be done and there has to be some civil dialog between the ESC & NJSEA security. If they keep doing this, some form of a legal matter has to be delt with.

These are my thoughts on the past two home matches in my opinion. If anyone wants to chim in and add to this for my arguments or against it, go ahead and be my guest. I'm getting fed up with this bull by the NJSEA security.

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Peru
    Yeah, I was a bit shocked not to see the 101 group there. What happened to all of them?
  3. shortdrummer

shortdrummer New Member

I posted this on metrofanatic.com but I'll post it here too:

Hey guys,
    I'm one of the Ticos (although officially brasilian) that got kick out yesterday. If you didnt get the chance to witness what happened it was really a sight to see. The yellow jackets violated their own policies and possibly state laws to try to get to us. As was mentioned they did stop us from leaving the stadium as we were walking out. As eric was walking out 792 runs around him and blocks his path, at that point I pulled out my cell phone and was attemping to input 911 on the phone to say "if you touch him I will call the police" when i took my cell phone out he violently snatched it from my hands ripping the backside of it out, and started to accuse me of trying to take his picture, later saying that I must be gay because he thought i was trying to take his picture.

Something you guys did NOT see was on the way down they were being hi-fived and congratulated by every yellow shirt including the one that kicked kenny out last game saying quote "You did it huh? what are you going to sell that thing" referring to my cellphone. On the walk to the office they were still looking for any reason to get physical with us especially the one with the pink ribbon in his hat. When we got to the office we sat down and cooperated with the process, the lady in the desk simply took our imformation. At that point 792 and the other yellow jacket started LYING their asses off. Saying that we were cursing in english and in spanish, saying we were being disruptive and above all THREATING THEM. They only told their side without hearing ours. 792 started to say that we were lying and told a police office I was trying to take his picture.

When I asked if it was a policy violation to take pictures at the stadium they didnt asnwer, and one guy that said it falled under "improper behaviour" was told to be quiet and not talk to us. When their boss came to escourt us out he did not want to hear our side and came down with quite an attitude. We were officially banned from the complex indefinately for "improper behavior" and now must appeal the ruling and ask for re-enlinstation.

I'm no laywer, but I'm pretty sure they not only broke their rules but actuall laws themselves. even though I got my cell phone back inventually (and the bastards set an alarm on it for 5 am to wake me up today) they violent took my private property, did NOT return the metro jersey that fell during the game that belong to edwin (which is what kind of sparked the whole thing) and physically blocked our exit which HAS to be illegal. I will definately be appealing this thing and fighting it to the fullest. I'm just happy to see we have people whom saw the incident and agree that they did abuse their powers. I know that even though we were wearing the shirts, they went beyond their powers to get to us and highlights the problem that we've had with them before. (ei kenny being banned and them accusing eric of throwing ketchup during a game) they simply lie to get what they want and that needs to stop.

-the short drummer
  4. Onionsack

Onionsack Member

Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    United States
    Is it really nessicarry for these wanna be thugs to try and "control" us metro fans. I mean shite guys there are not that many of us in the staduim to begin with. Are they just PO'd because they have to work the game so this is how they entertain themselves.

I saw the shirts on TV they were not vulgar or offensive. It said something like Tough Guys $5.50/hour.

This is where I feel we have no voice within the FO and the very reason so many people in CHicago got upset about Wilt's firing. Wilt fought for the interests of the fans, if he was here that shite with NJSEA security would be a non-issue. Where is our leadership at!! Why doesn't our damn FO come out and say "leave them kids alone". I guess we just aren't "good citizens".

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros New Member

Sadly the events that transpired in the CHicago game was a continuation from the KC game the week before when Kenny got banned. Security had their eyes on the Polish guys and the Ticos all night. The whole thing feels as if it were planned by the yellow jackets from the moment the game started. Did anyone else get that feeling?
  6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    DC United
    Croatia
    From my visits to Meadowlands I noticed that those yellow apes only respect brute force. ;) They run from camera like roaches from light tho hehe
  7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

If they intentional impeded your progress to leave the stadium in a calm manner & ripping your cell phone out of your hands, that in my mind is already grounds for a lawsuit. They initiated the problem. If they assume your taking a picture of them, that is there problem. They didn't want any evidence against them what so ever. That is grounds for a lawsuit.

Well you should have gotton that police officer and told him your side of the story. You should have called 911 right away and not threaten to say you are calling 911. There are NJ State Troopers at the games. Either you or your friends should have called for one of them. They have a higher ranking than a small simpleton security guard

For them not to hear your side of the story. That is amazing. They know what they are doing. They want us gone. The want to control the section. Sure taking pictures is considered improper behavior. Well when it was Joe Klecko's number retirement ceremony during the Jets game against the Patriots, there were alot of camera's flashing then. Whatever they are going to say they will never listen to what your side of the story is. These people are complete jerks and a bunch of nazi's. If there was a real fight and they had to use physical force then I can understand it, but they are looking for a reason now to use it.

If they broke their own rules and laws to throw you and your friends out of the stadium on purpose, I believe that's harrassment. They intentionally blocked your way to leave the stadium in a calm and orderly fashion. They intentional wanted to start a fight and hoped you would throw punches at them so they could use brutal force.

If something like this ever happened to me. I would move back into the row I was standing in, I would be screaming for the State Troopers right away or their supervisior. If they tell me there supervisior is inside. I will tell them to get him or her outside into the section a.s.a.p. because I don't trust them. I will inform that person that in all the years that I have been coming to the Meadowlands, for Concerts, Soccer, College Football, & the NY Jets I have never caused a riot, or a fight in any way shape or form. I have always been a model citizen and if this is the treatment I get right now because I am in this particular section of Giants Stadium for the MetroStars Soccer matches, then I will be suing them for harrassment and liable damages that makes me feel unsafe coming to the stadium because of their stormtroopers looking to intentionally trying to kick me out for no reason. They are willing to break their own rules to intentionally start a dispute and hoping that it will make grounds in their eyes to start a fight and drag their victums into their Supervisiors office.

After talking to the supervisior outside in the section I will inform him that the only way I don't press any charges against them is if they allow me to leave the stadium with no problems. I will also ask for a buisness card, so I will give it to my lawyer and he can draw up the necessary paperwork to sue them.

I am very angry that this is going on again. At any sporting event there has always been alot of negative speech screamed out on the field by the fans. At the Garden, Nassau Coliseum, Continental Arena, Giants Stadium during the NFL season, Yankee Stadium & Shea Stadium. Yet I haven't seen anyone get kicked out of these Sports Arenas & Stadiums for swearing. Yet it's happening during our MetroStars matches.

I really try not to get involved with something like this, but this matter has really ticked me off. A friend of mine went to Chicago. Parked his car at a McDonald's. I think this particular one is a special one because if you park on a certain side to eat there you have to pay for parking. If you are just ordering a meal to go you have to park on the otherside of the lot and you don't have to pay. They have alot autographed musical memorbillia. He was on his way to a concert and was hungry. He stopped there to order his meal to go. He parked at the "Order To Go" side. He waited on line and then when he got to the register the woman told him she's not allowed to serve him. He asked why? He was waiting in line to order food to go. She told him the manager said so and the bastard called the police & they towed his rent-a-car. My friend was livid and told off the manager. The bastard told him "I would be more worried about your car right now." He complained to McDonald's coporate offices, but they never really cared.

It's time for the Meadowlands "Banana brains" security people to stop the harrassment.
  8. shortdrummer

shortdrummer New Member

thanks for the advice, I am definately considering all of my options right now. We were already out of sight of the police officers when they stopped us and wouldnt let us move. We did ask to speak to the head of security, turns out he was the one that was escourting us out. He came down with quite an attitude and did not want to give us even a minute of his time. All he said was put it in writing to be considered for reentry. However, i just called for a copy of the report I was told I could have when ejected and they denied my request, something fishy is definately happening here.
  9. nyrmetros

nyrmetros New Member

They denied your request for a copy of a banning order ???
  10. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Must you ruin another thread with your stupidity? He just said what you asked.
  11. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Add that to the list of why the Meadowlands security are a bunch of nazi's.
  12. ThePuck

ThePuck New Member

I just read this whole thread as recommended to me by one of the bois. I extend my condolences. Security can be a be-yotch, believe that. My boy and my girl got roughed by security for no reason once. We usually did things that warrented it, but this time, they jumped the both of them 15 deep, breaking her 4 front teeth. Security is just flexing their muscle. They need to assert themselves out of concern that, if left un-checked, they could be over-runn. You folk sound plain enough, there doesn't sound like any reason for their actions. Again, my condolences. Stay true to the game...
  13. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Club:
    DC United
    --other--
    this man speaks truth.

the gorillas at RFK and the ones we ran into at meadowlands last year scattered like flies when we informed them that anything they did would indeed be filmed and photographed.
  14. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Way to use brute force-you poser DC scum.
  15. BBBulldog

Club:
    DC United
    Croatia
    Little force was only needed when they tried to take my camera that costs more than 4 of them make in a month ;)
  16. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

You have a Kodak throw-away camera?
  17. BBBulldog

Club:
    DC United
    Croatia
    ok, maybe I overestimated their salaries :D
  18. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

19. GIO17

GIO17 Member

I read that board. Thanks for the info. I will admit that the yellow shirts were with the tough guy $5.50 an hour did go a tiny bit too far. But when I saw that flyer. I took at as a joke as well. I thought to myself "O.k. so these guys aren't so bad and everything is o.k. again." Man I was wrong. What a piece of work these guys are.

Look I want this matter resolved a.s.a.p.

But like I said, they are trying to get me for no reason what so ever, I'm calling the State Troopers over.
  20. Simon Birch

Simon Birch New Member

Every. Time. You. Use. Poor. Grammar. An. English. Teacher. Dies.
  21. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Once again the jerks in yellow are hovering near 101. I went to the aftermatch party and talked to the MetroNation group. Today was the first day that Security started to harrass them now.

Halftime I go to get a bottle of Pepsi. Walking back to 101 trying to get a sip of my soda I just looked up and saw two security guards coming right towards me. I never said a word to them, I moved to the side to allow them to go first and for no damned reason I get a snotty remark of "Oh excuse me".

I never bothered this guy and he has to make a snotty comment. Becase I'm wearing my Metro Sweatshirt. These gorillias are intentionally starting something once again.

I'm in 101. I'm looking around to check how many people are there and I look up to see 5 to 6 Yellow shirts leaning against the seats, standing in the isle near the exit and having their arms crossed having a laugh. This idiots are once again trying to start something with their physical presence this time.

I really hoped not to post again in this thread that I started, but I am angry this is still going on.
  22. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Simon Kiss my arse. It was a late night and sometimes typing fast you miss a key.

Don't be a dic.
  23. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    All you needed to know about them is when some guy in a Giants jacket walked over, about four of them sprinted over to hug him and say hi and be all happy.

All you need to know

NJSEA hates us, and are helping destroy the franchise.
  24. GIO17

GIO17 Member

I think we all have to wear or Jets & Giants jerseys next time so we don't get thrown out.
  25. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    United States
    Ugh - I have my Jesse Armstead jersey somewhere.