Pro Evolution Soccer 2012: What would you improve if you were Konami?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thedragonrik58, Jul 26, 2011.

1. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    This year's PES is awesome, loving it. FIFA is boring, arcadish!

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    It's definitely a fun game. Option files have already come out in the United States for the correct EPL team names and rosters and jerseys as well as the addition of the Bundesliga.

There's also an OF with MLS and NASL teams up to date, but the jerseys aren't official (just same color patterns and designs) and the rest of the leagues are messed up in it since it was imported from 2011. You could always download this OF on another username and have it there. That's what I did.

If anyone wants them, let me know.

3. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I would love to have them, but to be honest I have never downloaded anything on PS3 and I don't know how to, if you can help that will be great through PM.

4. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd like to have those OF's, if you don't mind plz? It would be great to have those MLS teams, :). Also, do you have any OF's for the Mexican League?

5. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know when the Wii version will come out? I've looked everywhere (Fry's Gamestop, etc.) and they only had the -s3 and 360 versions. I want to get the Wii version because it's $20 cheaper and the quality gap between the Wii version and Ps3/360 version isn't that big. I know for fact that PES 2012 and FIFA 12 were released on the same day so I was wondering why the Wii version of PES 2012 hasn't arrived yet.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Wii version comes out November 4th but it's completely different game to the HD Twin consoles.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been trying to figure this out, how is it different? No master league? It's $20 on preorder from Amazon.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Oh wait, I just checked and PES2011 reintroduced the "traditional style" controls so it should be in 2012.

PES on Wii used to have something called "Playmaker" controls. Basically, while you had the ball, you could use the Wiimote to point at other players and tell them where to run or draw on the field where you want your player to pass.

It was a very interesting system, but really hard to get into. Other than that, it was missing some of the features like Become a Legend mode in the past. I don't know if PES2012 has all the modes from the PS3/360 version.

9. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is this game compatible with the classic controller? At least the FIFA 12 Wii is. I hope La Liga is fully licensed on the Wii like it is on Ps3/360.

10. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    PES 2011 on Wii supported the classic controller so I assume 2012 does as well. Check the labelling on the box though.

11. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    burning phoenix, how different was PES 2011 on Wii to the PS3 and 360 versions? Of course, the graphics are totally different, but was the gameplay still the same? Same type of career mode?

12. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    I would bring back the 2011 penalty shooting... 2012 makes it toooooooo easy. 2011 gave the advantage to the ones that mastered the art of taking a penalty... but made it very easy to screw up like in real life. Now, every shot prety much goes to net. :mad:

13. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    There some features missing and the engine governing the game was different. That said, I haven't played PES on Wii since PES2010 so a lot of things could have changed.

2011 Penalty shooting was annoying and impossible to pull off. My friends would get deliberate penalties against each other because they know it would have a lower chance of scoring than a direct shot at goal. :D

14. PassionOfTheFoot

Feb 12, 2002
    Incheon, South Korea
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked this game up. Def the most fun PES in a long time.

15. Grillinnap

Grillinnap Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Downtown Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goddamnit. Looks like the release date for the Wii version has been changed to November 15th (North America) Well, at least on Amazon.

16. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Sorry for the delayed response, but I'll get you the links and post a step-by-step process (tedious but not hard to do) on how to get these OFs. Like you Jeff, I had never done the OFs in any other PES until this year (though I was familiar with them).

The current OF I'm using is the one with the EPL all fixed, Bundesliga as a created league with real jerseys and the MLS teams imported from the other OF so as to have one giant OF with all the team's I'd like.

If you'd still like them, let me know and I'll get them to you soon. Anyone else, feel free to ask for them, too.

17. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would like only the MLS and EPL OF's, please. I was able to create the Mexican League from scratch, the logos and all. SO only the MLS and EPL is necessary.

18. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THESE OPTION FILES:

1) These are ONLY for PS3
    2) You can only use ONE option file per username on your system. If you have four different usernames, then you can have one different option file under each one. If you download two on one, the older one will be replaced.

Here is the base option file which needs to be downloaded to have all correct EPL teams and Bundesliga teams, etc.: http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.php?p=1806309&postcount=1

Here is the international team stuff which needs to be added to the above OF: http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86704

For MLS/NASL OF, which again will only be accurate for MLS teams and mess up the rest of the teams is here: http://www.4shared.com/file/EO82iz7f/PES_2012_-_MLS__NASL_Prequel_B.html

And for anyone that wants the Mexican league, here you go (league, players, emblems, jerseys, real names, etc.):

http://www.pesgaming.com/showpost.php?p=1806309&postcount=1 (link for download can be found there or here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F2R79KM0)

Let me know if you have any questions.

If someone wants base OF with EPL teams and Bundesliga in it, but wants to add MLS without damaging all other leagues then you need to do this:

1) Download the first OF linked above, the BASE OF on one username on your PS3.
    2) Download international team OF/stuff on same username.
    3) Download the MLS/NASL OF to another (read: different) username.
    4) Export teams from second OF (yes, one by one. Takes 10-15 mins, but worth it) and import to first OF.
    5) After that, you'll have (like I do) the most complete OF out there with correct names for all club teams, all national teams with authentic jerseys and correct names, the Bundesliga as one created league and MLS as the other (no NASL on this OF as it would have to replace Bundesliga and it's not worth importing that league with 8 teams and messing up the Bundesliga, IMO).

Again, let me know if you have any questions. ENJOY!

19. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Also, the process to download and insert OFs is as follows:

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way to upload changes to Wii version?

21. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    PrimeTime, just a few important questions I have:
    1. Is it possible to get the EPL without getting the Bundesliga? i really don't care much for German soccer.
    2. Is it possible to get MLS teams without getting the NASL teams? I really only liked the Cosmos from the NASL.
    3. Can you choose how many teams you would like from each respective league? Sometimes I make fictitious teams that might get lost if I download all teams.

22. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    1) Yes it is, but you'd have to find the OF that has EPL and not Bundesliga. You can use the one I linked and replaced Bundesliga (if you don't feel like going out and searching for a EPL-only OF).

2) The OF I listed above for MLS contains NASL teams, too. But like I said, you can export them from one username and insert them into another. So essentially, you could replace Bundesliga in OF 1 with all the MLS teams from OF #2.

3) Yes, you can make up new teams and insert them by replacing others.

23. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alrighty then, thanks for everything, Prime Time. It was a big help, man.

24. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Did you get it to work? I want to help those make the game more fun for those who went out and got the game despite no licensing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

25. rohan5039

rohan5039 New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Konami makes the best graphics for the soccer gaming. But the thing in pes 4 or pes5 is speed function too slow bro, and now in today's era PES 11 and later are much better than those and speed function too. But players are not quick in these games which I don't like. I hope they will check this thing for the best out of konami