Pro Evolution Soccer 2012: What would you improve if you were Konami?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thedragonrik58, Jul 26, 2011.

1. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah 2009 was such a looooong time ago ,lol....:D:p

2. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Sept. 27 is when it drops in North America. Two weeks ater in Europe.

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont get why they dont get more south american teams/leagues... that would secure the hispanic market... i mean no offense, but the dutch league? is there anyone out there who wants to play that league? if they got argentina, brasil, colombia, and mexico (just for starters) they would get killer sales

dont get me wrong im going to buy it first thing tuesday morning, but every year im hopeful and always get disappointed when i see the team list

4. Headcase

Headcase New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an improvement over last years abomination. I am actually excited for this one now. Have you seen the new career modes?

Team lists never bother me since I just edit anyway.

5. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Huh? PES 2011 was a pretty good game I thought. :(

6. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Um, the Dutch care about the Dutch league?

Honestly, the international fanbase of the South American leagues isn't as big as the European ones, which is why you see less of those teams and leagues in video games.

7. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may switch back to PES this year - really enjoyed the demo as compared to FIFA12.

8. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I agree, though I might still get FIFA, too.

9. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had PES5 and loved it. Got Fifa this year...

So can you still download something and get all the correct kits and names?

One thing I loved about PES was when you did a practice match and you could hit a button and it would rewind about 5 seconds and you could try the same thing. Such as coming down wing and making a cross and seeing result and then hitting that button and it would rewind you back to making the cross where you could experiment with hitting it different ways. I thought it was a great learning tool. I have yet to see Fifa use something like this. Does PES still have it? If PES beefed up there online tools and got more license...I would buy it over FIFA

10. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    You can still download patches for PES that change the names and kits.

But that training option is not available any more...

11. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    how are the online options? I have only played FIFA for about 1 hour, but it's hard to imagine a game having better online tools

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't play PES online (All about DAT SWEET LOCAL MULTIPLAYER) so I wouldn't know :(

13. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    PES is a big fail. Konami has lost its way. i would improve all of it cause most of it is crap

14. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    You're in the minority. Most who got the game are enjoying it and tooting its horns without end.

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    no im not, the majority is saying its average, only PES fanboys are tooting its horns. the press, critics, gaming sites and the actual gamers are all saying its average

16. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Not really. I've seen several first-time PES players who've played it this year and are LOVING it. The gameplay is more fluid and organic than FIFA's, though the graphics and smoothness of the game are inferior to FIFA's.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i suggest you do more research before you start talking crap. its an average game, deal with it. you will not find one site where PES got a higher score than FIFA (and if you do i'll show you 20 where FIFA scores higher) on gaming forums FIFA is better, in the press as well. I used to be a hardcore winning eleven fan and had 4 through 8. then pes 2009 came out, got that and thought, its exactly the same as 8. so 2010 came along and i switched to FIFA. PES 2010 was crap, PES 2011 was more crap and 2012 though its an improvement, is still just average

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the bottom line in video games is, is it fun? PES is fun, but FIFA is a lot more fun

19. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Casual game reviewers will say FIFA is better because they don't see the differences in gameplay that are a big deal to soccer die-hards who are also gamers.

FIFA has little to no fouls. Yeah that's fun and realistic. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying which is better because I have yet to decide, but to say "deal" with PES being weaker based on some crap reviews is nonsense.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big fan of games like ManagerZone.com. Which game is better for creating your own team and players, along with training and campaigning? FIFA or PES?

Can you buy players from a market or something like most online manager games?

Thx

21. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    PES. It's Master League mode is much, much deeper than FIFA's Career Mode.

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't mind, can you tell me some of the specific differences between the Master League in PES and FIFA's Career Mode? And does PES 2012 have a better ML than previous versions (ie will I better serve if I bought PES 2009 or something)?

THX

23. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I haven't played FIFA manager mode in a long time so I can't tell if it's better but Konami introduced huge changes to the Master League mode in the last few years so buying PES2009 won't cut it.

Additions include sponsors, youth team players and backroom staff.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is probably a dumb question, but can 2 people play PES 2012, against each other, on the Wii version?

Every time I try to find this out on Google it just refers to the new ability to control 2 players in the game at the same time. Not the question I am asking.

25. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Definitely PES is better for creating your own team, players, and campaigning. Training, none have a good training mode IMO, but I've done training in both games and PES is better. And you basically can sign players from other teams, or if they're free agents, you can just offer them a reasonable contract, and your set to go.