Pro Evolution Soccer 2012: What would you improve if you were Konami?

Discussion in 'Games' started by thedragonrik58, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Baracuda

Baracuda Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Portland Oregon
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PES didn't make the transition to Nex Gen very well, but will rise again and lay waste to the crap pile that is FIFA. I have faith. PES forever!

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i was a huge fan of the winning eleven series, kept it going with PES but last years title made me switch to FIFA. i think EVERYTHING should be improved seeing as EVERYTHING is wrong with PES. im still picking up PES 2012 in the hopes that it brings back the former glory of WE

3. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005

What that means, is that you don't know how to take a penalty shot... I do not miss any shots... EVER! I love the way penalty shots are taken now.

4. kodiakTFC

kodiakTFC Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    How come the J.League isn't in PES in Europe or American when it is in Japan? Its even next gen now I believe, is it really that big of an issue to toss it into the two 'foreign' versions? anyone have any info on this?

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Licensing issues I believe. It would be nice if they could add the J-League along with the Argentinian league for instance. But for those fans in Holland and France they like to play their own leagues so let's not decry it.

Unfortunately EA can outbid Konami for most licenses and try and do what they did to 2k Games in the NHL/NFL franchises. They are bullies.

They copied all their best ideas from Konami but with PES2012 Konami is back with a bang.

The AI is hugely improved for a start as are the ball physics and the key thing about any football game the gameplay is back with that sense of randomness that you don't get in FIFA with it's predictable power over skill, lack of team and player individuality and so forth.

People can bang on about the lack of licenses but Konami have the CL, EL and Libertadores and if you play it on the PC there are huge number of patches to cover every league in the world.

Good sites are pes-patch, evo-web,pes stats database .

The PES2012 demo 60% code is out already with an 80% code demo to be released later in September. Konami despite the tsunami have listened to their fans in view of the correct disquiet over previous versions of the game PES2008 to PES2010 which were poor.

As for the graphics. I find this nonsense that FIFA is superior to PES in graphics strange.

Just take a look at these faces from the past:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R95QfLMwXE&feature=related"]PES 2010 vs FIFA 10 Face Comparison (part 2) - YouTube[/ame]

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I just downloaded the demo for PES2012 so I'll have some impressions for you later today.

7. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Played a couple games in the demo.

I'm VERY impressed. The passing, dribbling and defending is all very well balanced.

Goalkeepers are silly though, letting in some very soft goals.

8. ECU_SIMMS

ECU_SIMMS New Member

Oct 25, 2006
    if you check out the winning elveln blog, they say many of the things in the demo will be fixed for the full version, including keepers. But yeah its a great new game... some of the tennants of 2011 but almost a whole new feel. Playing with the south american teams is way more fun for me...

9. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I feel it's getting really close to the precision of PES5 and 6 where you can only blame yourself if you lose the ball or concede a goal and not the AI.

Of course, I need to play more matches to get a true feel for the game before passing final judgement.

10. RayGunner14

RayGunner14 New Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've been playing since WE 7 on the playstation and have loved it every year. However, with the recent improvements in Fifa I am tempted to make a switch. I really love how there is a battle for the ball, you can shield the ball, and the player animations are captured very well. I feel like the guy whose been in a 7 year relationship and Fifa is that new glamorous, fun, hot chick you are interested in learning more about. Any words of persuasion? I am honestly torn between two.

11. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I was a former diehard PES player, then switched to FIFA when the next-gen consoles came out because it was the better game.

This year, it's an honest toss up. FIFA looks great, has more teams and licensing, more people playing it online, but the gameplay still looks the same (based on videos). Still the unrealistic perfect passing, precise lobbed through balls no matter who passes it, forwards scoring 90% of goals, and the happening-too-often pass to the middle goals.

PES, based on the first demo which came out, feels more like real soccer but lack of licensing, club teams, online gamers hurts it, IMO. No MLS? That's terrible.

I'll make my final decision after playing both demos on Tuesday and throughout the week.

12. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I believe this has more to do with the federations of the teams and how they handle their licensing rather than just the games sole decision of doing it or not. Example, Brazil was not licensed with their jerseys in last year's FIFA so something has to have changed.

13. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Demo is amazing. I'm 90% sure I'm picking up PES2012 over FIFA12 this year. First time that would happen on the next-gen consoles for me, if it does happen.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The new demo or the old one? I know they're releasing another build but I don't know when :(

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The second demo is already out.

16. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    the second is supposed to be out, but for some reason i can't download it.

17. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    The second. Great, great stuff. It's earning solid reviews.

18. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second one is not out yet in the U.S. at least for the PS3, from what I've read and it seems everywhere else got the second version, while the U.S. got the first version, I'm disappointed that it turned out that way, hopefully it will be out before the game comes out.

19. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Doubtful. Game comes out in a week.

There's a loophole for you to get through this, though. Create a new username on PS3 and make it's address a UK one. Just grab an address from google.com, it can even be Buckingham Palace. :eek:

That allows you to get demos you might not normally get as well as get demos quicker since there hours ahead of the United States.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    does anyone have a list of the teams/leagues in the game?

21. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Here...

http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/2011/08/team-list-revealed-for-pes-2012.html

22. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Comes out in a week ???? Really ? I thought it was coming out in late October??

23. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why is Mexico never a licensed national team??? :confused:

24. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think it's because EA have an official deal with the Mexican FA. I'm not 100% sure of that though.

25. chriso11

chriso11 Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I have played the demo and the graphics are really cheesy. Its like the game is in 2009.