Primera B League Discussion Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Well ,Inicial is over, but ... La B is racing forward!

Do any of you bad-a55 mutherfu(kers living here in the US of A have any idea if the TyC international feed (which i get/pay for through the FIOS "Spanish Channels") will be showing any B games?

I hope they do, otherwise TyC is essentially useless ... and I'll cancel the package and save money, reacquiring before the Final starts in February.

Any info is appreciated.

Gracias chicos

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bump

Congrats Brown de Adrogue!

Moishe and Bostero818 repped this.
  3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You mean I already lost my prode?!?! ********ing a.

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Poor Rolfi, certainly he deserves better than that:D

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They really can't catch a break
    Atl. Tucuman 2 vs. 1 Independiente

Moishe repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I missed the game, but from what I heard/read it could have been an historic goleada if it hadn't been for el Ruso Rodriguez in the independiente goal. Brindisi is going to have to go, but then who would they possibly bring in? A few more results like this and they'll be calling for Caruso :ROFLMAO:

locoxriver and Moishe repped this.
  8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At least Independiente has the nicest stadium in La B! Good thing Andres hasn't been around much lately, too good of a guy to sling pelotudeces at.

Bostero818 repped this.
  9. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Can someone from Argentina or anywhere give me a sense of how hinchas de Independiente are feeling? Did a lot of hinchas leave the club? Did they switch over? Any forums from there that I can go snoop around?

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So far the most interesting storyline to me of this B season is Defensa y Justicia. Not so much for their success, but for how they will handle it going forward if they are still in a position to move up late in the season. Mostly because they seem like the perfect candidate of a team that would not want to move up, i mean theyre stadium cant hold more than about 8,000. Itd be interesting to see a team sink to lows just to not move up, Almirante Brown style.

11. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why are Independiente fans getting that mad when they are still in third place. They still have a really good chance of coming back.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As someone who lived it, I can tell you that going down is a huge humiliation. The only thing worse than going down would be spending 2 years down there. Thats what the independiente fans are worried about.

There's also the fact that going up without being champions would be a huge hit. I know you don't live in argentina, but here, so much is based on the rivalries and what not. You have to match what your rival does.

If Independiente goes up without being champs, it would be a disgrace for them. River, Racing, and San Lorenzo all finished champions when they went up… If Independiente doesn't they'll never hear the end of it

Bostero818 repped this.
  13. brunotostesc

brunotostesc New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Are there any chance of Huracan making the top 3? Banfield and Defenda y Justicia are in the Primera already, so there is just one spot left. Independiente, Crucero del Norte, Atletico Tucuman, Instituto, Union..., which one is your bet for the third spot? I saw the second period of today`s game (huracan vs tucuman) and it will be really amazing. For Independiente would be such a shame to be in the B Nacional for one more year. So let`s see what happens in the next fixtures...

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Huracan and Independiente will play a Final on Wednesday. The winner will Ascend to the Primera Division.

The match will be played in La Plata which is a logistical nightmare. Both hinchadas will need to travel to La Plata from gran buenos aires and there will be serious chances of violence on the route to the game, and of course there will be a risk of violence regardless of who wins.

Personally, I'll be rooting for Huracan to come up and for Independiente to stay in the B jeje :p:devilish:

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder if San Lorenzo fans would rather see their historical rival Huracán win or lose. I'd think it would be good for their rivalry if Huracán came back, but there is probably too much dislike between them to think about it that way.

I'm going with Huracán, just so we can laugh at Independiente some more.

16. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It doesn't even matter to me because Rojo will come back when they bring 30 teams to the A

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It does matter because Independiente will never be able to live down playing another year in the B and if they do come up because it goes to 30 teams it will be a complete embarrassment for them to know the AFA changed the league format because they couldn't ascend on their own merit.

18. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ehh i think they are doing it so big teams will stay in the primera and AFA wont lose money from regelation
    So if they dont come back for next season they will eventually come back anyway

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They're doing it for political reasons... 2015 is an election year. The decision to make the primera division 30 teams has nothing to do with football.

The government owns the TV rights, they can tell Grondona what to do

And the AFA GAINED money when River got relegated, which is why River never got 1 penalty out of 11 appeals to Boca and why Pe$otta didn't call the penalty against Belgrano...

When River went down, the AFA and Govt. were able to open the door to buy the rights to the 2nd division from TyC. It was all part of the business... River going down was very lucrative to the AFA and the CFK Govt

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Independiente got a little help to return to Primera today

21. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That poor Argentinos JRs. side
    Already dealing with Roman's injuries..see how it feels?
    If this continues he should really think about putting his boots up ASAP and quit this embarassing cycle.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And then he comes out saying he wants to play til he's 40. :rolleyes:

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why couldn't he play til he's 40... How hard could it be to play once a month?

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    va a volver para la ultima fecha, asi clava un tiro libre y queda como el "gran heroe" del ascenso de argentinos, pidiendo renovacion y aumento despues del partido :rolleyes:

Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL Argentinos no asciende mas... 5 de los 11 equipos en su grupo ascienden y el bicho queda octavo.

Una verguenza que riquelme cobre tanto y no aporte nada a su equipo.