Primera B League Discussion Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I doubt it, chances are he'll come back and further try to prove his clubs legacy by pointing out some sort of poll they won about the quality of hairstyles in Argentina football being the best at riBer. :D

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River ties with Ferro, but remains in first place, as Central also fails to win. Instituto wins and joins second place, one behind River.

Gimnasia de Jujuy is only two back with one less game played, though. Are the Jujeños any good? Can they challenge River?

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Huracán is beating River 1-0 early in the first half.

Instituto won and is in first place. River needs to win to regain the top spot. Gimnasia de Jujuy lost and stays in third for now, although with one less game. Rosario Central vs Quilmes will be a big game tomorrow, whoever wins will be able to keep up with the leaders.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River ties it. Pretty good wide open game so far.

5. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now river 2-1 in front, great goal. Despite the fact the gallinas are winning, im enjoying this game. Some nice end to end play

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the 2nd division now officially is more entertaining than the first division...

once again, don't take this the wrong way i know how you bosteros are, i'd rather be in the primera, but you don't find open games like this in the A

clubs like huracan and river are true to their philosophy and traditions regardless of the category

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't buy that at all. This is an exciting match and there have been exciting matches in both la A and la B. I find Argentine futbol to always be passionate and enjoyable, although it's true that we have also seen some really ugly games.

8. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So was rivers style of play (if we can call it that) true to their philosophy and tradition under jj lopez? :)

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Halftime and really both teams could have scored more. Both these teams could easily play in first division. Obviously in River's case -as much as we like to make fun of them- it's a fluke that they are in the B.

But it's not just about River. When I see some of these players who are in the B, there's some damn good players. It does say a lot about the depth of Argentine futbol.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8swQ6-GNikI"]Gol de Lamela a Colón - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muRpilH9Wc"]GOL DE FERRARI A QUILMES PRIMER TIEMPO RIVER PLATE - YouTube[/ame]

11. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Two great goals gaucho, i remember watching the one against quilmes. I agree that its a fluke river being here, if they had someone else in goal last season they wouldnt have been relegated, im sure of that. How many times was carruzo at fault?
    And this team river have now, i think if they were in the primera, they would be battling with boca at the top.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    if passarella had hired a real coach river would not have gone down, the guy was crying on the bench for gods sake

and carrizo was at fault for the boca match and the san lorenzo match

the truth is this river team would fight for the title, but passarella is to blame because he chose to "play the economic championship" and he brought just one refuerzo before the last clausura and that was bordagaray who barely played

also nice to see river has about twice as many fans in huracan's home grand :D:D

13. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its a difficult one, because everyone wants their team to buy the best players and win everything. But you have to live within your means, especially if you have debts up to ur eyeballs. If you go out and spend money you dont have, you are risking the future of the club. Its a dangerous game.

But if next season you are in a better situation financially, and competing for the title (in the primera), despite a massive massive blip, surely this is an improvement in the long term for the club?

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River held to win 2-1 on and is now in first place.

15. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Desamparados (hope i spelt it right) 0-3 BOCA Unidos, 36 mins ST.

Another good game, some nice attacking plays. Maybe really river didnt get relegated, this in fact was just passarellas masterplan to get them to ascend to a superior division ;) Remember they score more goals and play nicer football in the b)

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the point is this season the primera a has only two historic clasicos and we are missing: River-Boca, Newell's-Central, Huracan-CASLA, and GELP-Estudiantes...

Obviously all the teams that went down deserved to go down, but it doesn't mean that these historic and widely popular sides doesn't lessen the product. This River wth Cavenaghi, Dominguez, Sanchez, Aguirre, and the young kids Ocampos, Chichizola, Cirigliano, Affranchino, Villalva, Pezzella would challenge for the primera title and add some serious quality to the league... msi2 made the comment on the future players thread about how few talented youngsters were coming through in the primera while in the B we see River with many young players Chichizola (21), Ocampos (17), Cirigliano (19), Villalva (18), G Pirez (19), Pezzella (19), Abacasis (21), Affranchino (21), Funes Mori (20) plus the base of the U17 national team with Andrada, Pugh, Kaprof, etc. who haven't even debuted yet... where are the young players in the A? And don't forget Battaglia at Huracan who was one of the top players at the u20 world cup

Ferreyra and tagliafico at banfield, but the club has struggled and Ferreyra only just found the back of the net last week for the first time this season... canteros has been doing well, but velez as a whole has fallen off

This Boca team is vry solid and workmen like but it has very few flair players other than Riquelme and to a lesser extent Erviti and Colazo there just isn't that much creativity and viatri is a long way from being palermo

godoy cruz has been entertaining, but the side is too inconsistent and is showing they can't continue to sell all their top players and continue this level

lanus i thought was promising, but they can't keep their heads and their coach isn't helping matters

racing has a good team, but they have the cancer simeone who is sucking the life from the creative players and ruining them (we've seen this before)

belgrano has been good and rafaela has been a breath of fresh air... personally i'm pulling for belgrano to win the title

even river's last championship team wasn't a vintage side, but it did feature the last great season from Ortega and the excitement of Buonanotte, Falcao, Alexis Sanchez while Carrizo was playing at a very high level and was Argentina's #1 and even el Loco Abreu and Rosales contributed

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two historic clásicos?

Boca-Racing
    Boca-Independiente
    Boca-San Lorenzo
    Racing-Independiente
    Racing-San Lorenzo
    Independiente-San Lorenzo
    Banfield-Lanus
    Union-Colon

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Central and Quilmes tied 0-0 in a really crappy game. Well, I only watched part of it but what I saw was crappy. Quilmes played not to play and Central couldn't create anything.

So much for the theory that la B plays more attractive football. :D

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Instituto wins 3-0 over Boca Unidos and is the new leader, three points ahead of River and Rosario Central.

20. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Oha44XWV0&feature=related"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Oha44XWV0&feature=related[/ame]

This is the best chant/song ive heard in futbol argentino, great fans.

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In top of everything Instituto will play against Almirante Brown who had to play for the Argentine Cup on Wednesday(And lost with the third division Sportivo Belgrano from San Francisco).

22. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well River tied 1-1 with Central and shares the lead with Instituto who plays on Monday.

23. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How was the game? I was watching racing blowing it again)

Whats rivers problem at the monumental? Their record there this year is awful..

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, la B is a tough tournament.

25. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington