Primera B League Discussion Thread (r)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by argentine soccer fan, Aug 9, 2011.

1. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wow, stunning goal. Whats the guys name who scored it?

Im actually thankfull to river for opening up a new world of football for me and showing me what life is like in the lower divisions;) ive watched a few games and its enjoyable. Does anyone have another club in the lower leagues who they keep an eye on?

For some reason I keep an eye on villa san carlos, the only reason because their shirt is beautiful. Anyone know where I can get one?

BTW, one funny thing when i was at the espanyol vs boca game, there was a group of fans wearing belgrano shirts)

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CA Atlanta, they were my abuelos team until the day he died. They were the first team I ever "saw" play live, I was almost a year old :D As for the shirt, try the link below for starters.

http://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/camiseta-de-la-Villa-San

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is Atlanta even in the B right now? I thought they were lower.

I am thinking to root for Rosario Central, since I'm thinking they are the one team most likely to challenge riBer for the title.

Plus Central has the same colors as Boca. Come to think of it, so does Atlanta.

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nope, they Atlanta finished first last year and got promoted. They're on two points in the first two fixtures. Same colors as Boca and look follows them.

[​IMG]

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My man! There's John Lennon and then there's Charlie.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    interestingly charly is also a river fan, here he is at the superclasico in 2009:

[​IMG]

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Charity work;)

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Must be all those drugs. :D

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Central and Gimnasia de Jujuy won and caught River at the top. I'm thinking River is the obvious candidate, but I'm hoping Central can challenge them. I expect that River will easily ascend, but it will be cool if they didn't actually win the title.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea I noticed that Ferrari scored for Central with a penalty god i hate that guy :mad::mad:

But this tournament is 38 games long, unlike the primera that only is 19, so its really hard to predict. We'll see what happens and it will only take shape when River plays Central and the other teams who are going to fight, but i'd say it would be foolish to bet against River and Central

River especially because we are going to be the home team in bascially all our away games. Against Merlo we are playing at Independiente's stadium and they're giving us 20,000 tickets and we also have 3 players who are better than all the players in the division by a long shot in Cavenaghi, Dominguez, and Sanchez. These would be three of the best players in the Primera much less the nacional b. So even if River doesn't play well, the individual qualities of those players can give us points, as happened with Cave's goal saturday which to be honest came when Quilmes was doing better than us

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    29 goals in 10 games in the B and 13 in 10 games in the A...

The lack of quality in the top flight is worrying, hopefully next year the teams with primera "pedigree" will return to add some life.

12. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is that the same pedigree they showed last season? :) But on a serious note i agree with u, the return of rosario central to the primera should add some life to it

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only thing those stats show is an absolute lack of quality with regards to defending in La B. I'll tell you what, you keep telling yourself whatever you need in order to feel better about the failures of riBer. I'm waiting for you make some comment about the Libertadores being nothing more than an exhibition since riBer couldn't care enough of about it to actually win more than two of them:rolleyes:

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another cool thing about la b is that they don't need to worry about playing Boca.

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They still have Boca Unidos:eek:

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The River Plate Phenomenon:

http://www.clarin.com/deportes/futbol/fenomeno-River_0_550745023.html

- Today has 85,000 socios
    - River has 196 filiales in Argentina, 15 abroad
    - River has the highest TV ratings of all teams in Argentina including those in the A
    - Teams in the B are using River's presence to save their year economically
    - 40% increase in visits to the Museo River
    - 20% increase in merchandise sales

17. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Congratulations.

Next year, I hope riBer can revolutionize the C as well. I'll be glad to change my sig when that happens.

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's all fine and good but at the end of the day it's what happens on the field that matters. You are still in La B, nothing of the above changes that.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm aware we're in the b thats why i posted this in the b discussion thread :rolleyes:

the point is that the fans are embracing the team more now than ever and that in a year river will be back in the a and will immediately be a contender with a very strong squad

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are trying to deflect away from the reality by focusing on the things that really don't matter. That's the only point chamigo.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How is what I posted irrelevant? The team is rebuilding. I'm not deflecting anything, my team is trying to come back do you expect us to sit here and think about the last 3 years of fracasos? The point in this B discussion thread is that River is going to bring money to clubs and in the B and thanks to us fans of small teams are finally going to be able to travel with their team and they will be able to visit the great monumental where the all-time greats from labruna to carrizo to pele to di stefano to alonso to kempes to maradona to francescoli to messi to xavi and iniesta to forlan all played... its not every day fans of merlo and aldosivi and guillermo brown get to visit el monumental. that my friend matters

You should worry about your team and winning the title this tournament because if not our descenso would have been irrelevant for you. Last time i checked we had 10 more titles and over 160 more points than you in the all-time table so you better get to work

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ....and Riquelme has more Copa Libertadores titles than riBer's history. Factor in the international titles and the real Papa stands clear.

As of now you guys are far from a lock to go back to La Primera. You may be in first but it's still a long torneo and the teams below you are either tied or a game down.

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And in every national poll as well as in every provincial poll from every single Argentine province Boca consistently has significant more fans than riBer.

riBer fans, take off your hat when Boca Juniors walks by. Show some respect.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Algo que nunca pense que diria: GRANDE DEFENSA Y JUSTICIA!!!

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, this week there were 26 goals in la A and 18 in la B. I wonder if RiverGaucho will now console himself for his club's predicament by claiming that la A has no defense.
    :D