Review: Primera A League Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by NYC_COSMOS, Jan 23, 2011.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chacarita has probably the scariest barra in the history of Argentine football. Much scarier than even boca or river. I hope they stay where they are or even fall further off the face of the earth

I found an interesting photo and just had my uncle fill me in. 1984 Beto Alonso fights a Chacarita barra who had invaded the pitch. Apprently before that, they threw some chickens on the field and Pumpido actually killed one when he kicked it. Crazy stuff…

[​IMG]

cigar_city and locoxriver repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Chaca fans are always crazy. I've lost track of the amount of insane incidents their barras have caused over the years. And I'm talking craaaazy shit, not just throwing one piece of wood or something of that sort.

Didn't know about that Alonso story, though. Thanks for sharing!

3. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Nothing like when they stole the hose from the firemen and used it on them...

locoxriver repped this.
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another day, more stupidity from Futbol Para Todos. Aside from bombarding us with political propaganda we pay with our tax dollars, wasn't the point of this stupidity to be that everyone could watch all the games?

Today Newells-Rafaela and San Lorenzo-Quilmes (two huge games in both the fight at the top and to stay up) are being played at the same time. Then, an hour later Boca-Estudiantes… Another huge game with Boca in complete crisis against the leaders… Would it have been too hard to the Newell's game at 2, CASLA at 4, Boca at 6?

We know the K's are incompetent at running a country/economy, but couldn't they put out a decent football fixture list???

cigar_city repped this.
  5. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know it's really early in the torneo. But I find it disturbing that the two teams fighting the decenso are in the first two spots. At least their effort is there but what does it say about the big teams? The most consistent "big" team is Velez and they are more mid tier than anything when it comes to fans. I'll admit before I had a set team I was very close to becoming a Velez fan.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In terms of fans, Velez is behind all of the big 5, both rosario teams, both big teams in cordoba (talleres and belgrano) and probably a bunch of other Greater Bs As teams like Huracan, and probably even both La Plata teams have more fans. Remember, at Velez they don't even open the deck of the stadium, so even when it looks filled, there really aren't that many people there, even for the Copa Libertadores semi-final against Peñarol Velez didn't open the top deck… In comparison, Talleres brought 60,000 to the Kempes in a third division match

And you also forget that San Lorenzo also has 9 points even though they haven't been too impressive.

cigar_city repped this.
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This league is just to crazy. Until last night, I thought Velez looked liked the top candidate, then last night Newell's whipped them 4-1 and it could have been way worse.

The most amazing thing was, Newell's was without arguably their two best players in Maxi and Banega.

Definitely worth checking out the goals. Heinze got the first with a head, he 2nd and 3rd are great team goals, and the last by Figueroa is an amazing lob.

cigar_city repped this.
  8. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well this thread is way too cheto for me. And Im the whitest person in this section undoubtedly.

San Lorenzo is down, again...

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fairly predictable… When I saw River's line-up I thought there would be no way we could score in your field

The starting XI needed to have Villalva and Kranevitter or perhaps Solari, he went with the muerto Menseguez who managed to block Lanzini's shot heading for the goal and then miss a wide open header. He put Simeone in for 14 min…

On the bright side, we played with 10 men for 76 minutes and didn't concede and dominated possession, so we can point to one positive at least.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tigre just can not put away their chances(which is far and few between), and do not allow a goal, only goal they allowed was a golazo that no keeper in the world would've saved. Not really liking getting a bunch of ties, 1 point, 1point is not going to do us any favors.

12. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whitest how? Whats your background I bet I'm more anglofied lol :D:eek::cool:

13. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    whats your current opinion about Tigre only scoring once and have been scored on once. Whats that about how do they defend consistently. They seem to be playing it safe but I dont watch their games so I want your input.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tigre was pretty defensive last night, but I'd say the main reason they've only managed a single goal is lack of quality… Without trying to offend Mario, but the big bald forward Nahuelpan literally couldn't control a ball last night.

The announcers also kept talking about how many of Tigre's players come from the ascenso… Its a far cry from the Tigre team that almost won the title with Luna, Orban, Galmarini, etc.

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They have their chances to score but just can not finish. They defend, and kick the ball upfield for a horrible looking counter. I get the element of not having quality and having to defend is what they have to do. Collecting 1 point after 1 point is okay for now, but looking at the promiedos for the following year, looks like they will drop unless they start getting 3 points after game after game.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You guys should be OK this season, but yea next year will be tough. I know i've been critical of Tigre in the past, but you guys have gotten on my good side for some reason. I'd like them to stick around for a while

You're directors need to have a big transfer period for this june. They should do everything to bring el Chino Luna back from Central and also Galmarini back from Mexico

SupaMario repped this.
  17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Quick question... Just got the 2014 home Racing Jersey. What are the Owl patches on each sleeve for ? Are they even Owls?

18. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Suppoesdly its part of the Hipetocario sponsorship. Sort of like their mascot. I snooped around to make sure but I couldnt find a definite answer in ten minutes. It is an owl though

19. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cool thanks!

20. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Bostero818 repped this.
  21. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks!

22. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Does anyone have an opinion on Fernando Tobio?

23. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I think he knows it was his girlfriend in the bathroom, not a burglar/robber, and he should be convicted.

Wait.... Who again?

RiverGaucho repped this.
  24. santi1196

santi1196 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    san lorenzooo campeon

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No existen. Pero quien sabe, quizas papa Tinelli pone unos pesitos y ganan un torneo. Eso si, de la copa olvidate...

RiverGaucho repped this.