Preseason: Houston Dynamo v. Portland Timbers, Wednesday, February 5

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Feb 3, 2014.

1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    2014 PRESEASON

Who:
    Houston Dynamo v. Portland Timbers
    When: Wednesday, February 5 @ 6:00 pm CST
    Where: Kino Sports Complex, Tucson, AZ
    Records: Portland (0-0-1)
    Houston Dynamo (1-1-0)
    Video: MLSsoccer.com

This is the third preseason game for the Dynamo but the first outside of Houston. The game will be streaming on MLSsoccer.com

Portland got a tie, 1-1, in their first preseason game against Kansas City on Saturday, February 1, in Tucson. Schillo Tshuma scored for the Timbers in the 84th minute.

The next preseason game is in Tucson, AZ against the San Jose Earthquakes on February 8.

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    This will be a good test for trialists and such since Portland is well coached, dangerous on the counter, has speed all around, and likes to press high.

So MLSsoccer.com will live stream this? How good is the stream? In the past it hasn't worked well on my laptop at home. Very interrupted and jumpy.

3. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I have business in El Paso, Deming, Las Cruces areas. I might be able to see a match or two. It's a mere 4 hour drive to Tuscon from my hotel. We'll see, but if I do, I'll take some photos, and give analysis.

DonJuego repped this.
  4. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Article on the Portland-KC game on Saturday:

http://azstarnet.com/sports/soccer/...cle_c7aa7de6-8a83-51b8-8c55-6673409e9eab.html

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  5. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Had to be Collin.

7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully the stream is decent enough to get a idea of how we look against a good team.

8. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

Blast from the past-where have you been?

9. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    if you guys have a chance, check out Bruin's feet. i paid extra attention to him at the Colorado scrimmage and i could of sworn they've gotten 'softer'. pretty good control in the box for a guy that big.

redinthemorning repped this.
  10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good catch. I've been impressed with his touch, and on-ball skills many times. He has moves, and a speed that is deceptive. He may need to work on his nutrition a bit to stay lean. Remember last spring when Bruin, Boniek, and Sarkodie were combining on the right? Great football. Obviously his shooting has suffered since he went to the Gold Cup.

redinthemorning and *rey* repped this.
  11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's funny, but Bruin isn't the only forward to have hit a rough patch after the Gold Cup. Wondo, Jack McInerney, and Bruin looked poor since the tournament.

12. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    The kid is a young forward. His physical traits carried him into MLS and gave him reasonable success. Now he has to work on refining some of the finer points of his game. He has always been a very hard worker so I expect that he will bounce back this year. Plus, he was injured during the playoffs last year and played through the injury which shows significant heart and dedication to the team.

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    #13 troutseth, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Frankly, I don't think any of the MLSers looked all that great upon returning from the Gold Cup. I don't know if they were worn out, or if JK asked them to work on things. As a golfer, you don't "practice" mid-round on the course, that is left for preparation. I think these guys ended up working on things throughout the season instead of doing what they were good at this past year. Some recovered quicker than others (Besler, Beckerman,) others took longer (Omar, Bruin, Wondo).

In addition, I think it is becoming a bit of a trend, that our guys do not look as good returning from USMNT extended play as they did before they left (Davis, Ashe, Bruin).

shoeless and Heft repped this.
  14. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Marriage and working 70+ hrs a week. Finally got a office job and actually have time to post on a forum again. I go to the games with the wife and kid every so often.

15. DavidSee

DavidSee New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every preseason game can be caught on mlssoccer.com. They use the least amount of equipment possible for these games so it may be a lil shotty. at least these games are being shown. never would of thought this 10 years ago

troutseth repped this.
  16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not every preseason game is on MLSsoccer.com
    Only the Dynamo games in Arizona and South Carolina are being streamed. The ones here in Houston are not.

17. DavidSee

DavidSee New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well then you will have to tell that to matt pedersen and darrell bevell bc when I saw them yesterday they said all games will be streamed online

18. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    This first shift is very telling. With the exception of Hall it's players who are fighting for a contract (Holden, Chabala, Sito); fighting for sub minutes (Carrasco, AJ, Horst, Alex); or fighting not to be Pittsburgh Riverhound roster spots (Ownby, JJ, Sherrod).

Heft repped this.
  20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Seone, Alex, and Chabala have looked good so far.

21. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Ownby looks very energetic. Making good moves.

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Shame no one was in the area to finish that cross he sent.

Heft repped this.
  23. Markov41

Markov41 Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While Arena is down I'm checking out the DCU TOR stream... I thought the sun was bad in our game.

24. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    You see Portland's #10? That's 'La Gata 'Fernandez. The guy I kept going on about that would make a good partner for Bruin.

25. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Sigi in the house!

3rd shift are your starters minus Brad, Taylor and Kofi. Love Giles at CAM. Finally!