Preseason Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by PumaJohnny, Jan 22, 2013.

1. GoRSL

GoRSL Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    47.615587, -122.200340
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What it looked liked (in person) was that Beckerman just slightly tipped it and changed the direction of the ball, making it tougher for Nick to get the angle. I tried looking on the recording today and it was really tough to confirm, but did look like the bottom of Kyle's cleats brushed it.

2. PumaJohnny

PumaJohnny Member

Nov 30, 2001
    Draper
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the final game, and here's my two cents:

Up Top: Plata runs a lot, but being a foot shorter than a lot of the defenders is really going to limit his abilities to win balls in the air, muscle for good position or win 50/50s. Sabo was asleep this game. He basically stopped caring around the 40 minute mark. I'm hoping that he only does this with pre-season games against B squads. It's nice to see Robbie back. He made good runs, handled the ball well, and seemed sharp.

Mid: Kyle's time with the Nat'l Team has added to his confidence and crisp one-touch play. He is the conductor. It was nice to see Stertzer get some time. For a rookie, he seemed very confident, worked well with Kyle and had some sharp passes. I'm sure he'll be behind Gil in the depth chart, but I like what I see so far. As has been mentioned, Velasquez is an energizer bunny.

Back line: We have young guys who had good and bad moments. Beltran looked like a sage veteran compared to them. The team will be a lot better once Wingert (white hoodie) and Borchers (black jacket) are back in action. I don't think Seattle would have had as many shots as they did during the first half with those guys back on the pitch. Nick was great, but you can only ask for him to save so many shots. On the other side of the field, Hahnemann was a beast. It was obvious by his play that he'd been playing ball in England since 1999. I didn't realize that he'd been on Seattle's team before. He was with them from 94-96 before they were an MLS team.

Here are some pics of Nick and Kyle being great PR guys and Chris and Nat wanting to get in on the action. Unfortunately, I just had my camera on my phone, so no Boz-worthy pics:

Attached Files: