Preparations for Super Bowl XLVII?

Discussion in 'Football' started by Goodsport, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm preparing for my thirteenth-annual Super Bowl Eve viewing of Any Given Sunday (my second consecutive viewing of it on Blu-ray Disc rather than on DVD) this coming weekend before watching the Big Game the following day, especially exciting for me since my NFL team will be playing in it for the first time in eighteen years. :D

So for those of you who are looking forward to watching Super Bowl XLVII, how are you preparing for the game, both the day before and the day of? :confused:

-G

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching with the same group of friends that I have since 1995. My buddy is brewing some beer that will give everyone the rips for 3 days afterwards. I have 4 sausage breads and about 3 dozen empanadas on their way.

BTW, I am flying into SFO the day after the Super Bowl. Where is the parade going to be?

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds awesome. :thumbsup:

While they apparently don't want to think about a parade yet (so as not to jinx things), if the 49ers end up winning, the parade will likely be down Market Street. :)

-G

4. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are you getting these from? I had some amazing sausage bread from a place in Carroll Gardens once, but can't recall the name.

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I make them myself

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
  7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Each Super Bowl is different. This one is like 2007, where I had to root against the Pats even tho I wanted to see Randy Moss get a ring. A Pats win would have pretty much cemented Brady as teh greatest QB in media coverage history, so props to the Giants for beating them twice. These are not Bill Walsh's Niners, but a win would give them six, so it's all about the Ravens for me.

Most Super Bowls I watch alone, as it's tough to find a crowd where everyone is on my page. I don't tolerate trashtalk in my home, so it's a safe haven of sorts.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished watching my Any Given Sunday Blu-ray Disc and am now fully prepared to watch tomorrow's Super Bowl. :cool:

Even though the movie hit theaters back in 1999, it holds up really well today with only some minor details that you young folk would find odd, like many of the TV's being the 4:3 SD type, the use of older-style cell phones, CD's being the latest (at the time) portable music medium and a still relatively-young Cameron Diaz. :eek:

-G

9. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody got a favorite recipe for a dip or appetizer of some sort?

10. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm about to go this route. We usually watch with friends, so there's 8 of us: my daughter and her best friend and my son and his best friend included. And it's been OK since the boys haven't really cared about football and the girls have preferred to hole up in a room and only come out for the food. But, the girls finally got on the commercials kick and the boys are interested in the game, so all 8 of us were watching. And the aimless chitchat, OMG. And since the commercials are more importent for the girls and my wife, they watched the commercials in silence and got up and chatted during the game. I had to watch the game from the dining room just to get away from the noise. Of course, with a 60 inch widescreen, this wasn't too much of a hardship.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not an appetizer, but I fried up a big batch of fish filets with orka, mushrooms and onion rings. Turned out pretty well for me and the couple of Raven-fan friends who stopped by.

12. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I love my fish fillets with orca!:p

13. tiyalian

tiyalian New Member

Oct 16, 2013
    china
    Club:
    Henan Jianye
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  14. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Awww... the game itself can be as tight or as much of a blowout as in any other sport. But it's the championship of the biggest game in the US. Forget the hype.

16. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just jokin' around. Carry on... ;)