Alert: Premier League: Swansea City v Manchester United - Dec 23 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Dec 21, 2012.

1. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course not...I shall accompany you...

smengenengngeneng repped this.
  2. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    In the PL at the moment, Wigan has 3 players out with hamstring injuries. One other team has 2 players out with hamstring injuries and the rest of the teams have 1 player out each.

We have 5.

3. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We got another infection.

4. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great result. Gained one point to move 4 points clear. Awesome

:rolleyes:

5. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have we knocked Liverpool off the most times Christmas Champion perch yet?

6. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    you guys do know that valencia is havin a major back issue and playing every game on pain killers, right? team doctors from the NT have flown in to help find the cause, nobody knows what's going on.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Yep, back pain is why Valencia can't use a left foot. Or can't actually dribble with his right either.

8. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    To be fair, it does explain him not using his best weapon. Valencia without his physicality and athleticism is absolutely useless. It doesn't even smile. A Valencia willing to run fast as ******** is still very useful.

smengenengngeneng, Amdrag and sdotsom repped this.
  9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am with you.
    If he cant for whatever reason do not play him, why Nani gets benched without any excuse and we cant stop making excuse for Valencia, could easily change the formation if our wingers are shit.

10. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    it is funny that when i first mentioned a winger with no left foot isn't good enough for United and that TV should at least try to get some use from the left foot only billyireland and johno agreed. some of those berating me for my comment were saying "that's bs look what he does to the league" etc. and now some of them are the same ones complaining.

and now look what he isn't doing to the league for whatever reason and hasn't in Europe either. at least if when he is on form he is a league winger at best and people think that is good enough to start and wear the #7 then people must have low expectations of/standards for this club.

not saying sell him but if we are looking towards Europe as we should and not limited to the league like some people think then we will need to do better.

all that said it wasn't a bad away point. especially considering RvP could have died according to SAF :eek:

11. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Missed the match but the result was better than expected, i knew we were gonna drop points but we dropped less than i guessed

12. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Back pain is the reason why he can't do what he does best - kick the ball forward
    run past LBs.

You guys sure love to make up arguments. I have not seen one poster in this board disagree that Tony is the most one-footed winger in the prem.

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    While I have no idea about whether Tony V has pain or not, I'd imagine sever back pain would have a heavy influence on his style of play. All he has is direct brute force and running. There is no trickery to him. Having back pain could hamper him, anywhere from a little to a lot, given it's severity.

14. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    can't win them all... showed our usual fight back and nearly got it but Vorm really pulled off a spectacular save. tough place to play and hope it is a useful point at the end of the season.

time to regroup for Wednesday and the weekend. hopefully we can get 7 out of 9 in this run.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Am I the only one who wanted rvp to take both fks that Rooney took today? I thought that the last one in particular would have been in the zone for RvP even though it was to the left. At the very least a lefty standing over the ball would have given Form pause.

SyedZada and smengenengngeneng repped this.
  16. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I always want RvP to take free kicks, Rooney has scored some good ones over the years but he's just so inconsistent that it never seems worth the effort.

Plus especially yesterday since Rooney hadn't hit a good ball all match and was just about to be subbed off, obviously he wasn't on form or in the right frame of mind to be taking them.

sdotsom and smengenengngeneng repped this.
  17. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah RVP should have taken the last shot but it was obvious they had something worked out from the training ground because Rooney felt he just missed it by his reaction.

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Reading Neville's bio when he got chewed out for taking an extra touch before crossing by Keane, I wonder how he would have chipped with Antonio and his dwelling on the ball.

19. David85

David85 Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yeah, it's true that we can't win all matches ...

But we didn't win thin one not because of their performance, because of our own weakness. It's a big shame that our wingers can't make a proper cross at this level ... I'm really mad at Valencia ... he didn't run enough, didn't help jones in defense, and his crosses were damn poor ...

20. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wait he crossed the ball??...When??...Was it Once or Twice?...

21. David85

David85 Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    haha, I didn't count ... but he did couple of them in the second half ... and crosses didn't past the first player.

You can easily predict the outcome of Valencia/Young crosses ... Valencia: low, mostly defended by first player, Young: out

22. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well the only memory I have of him with the ball is.....Get the ball....Stand...Dwell.....Pass Back.....

23. David85

David85 Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    oh ... Merry Christmas everyone ... I hope you all enjoy your holiday ...

J'can repped this.
  24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    U are way too nice for this board. try something like "hope you fall off a stool you miserable bastards!"

25. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear Santa,
    Please bring Mr. Rooney a new pair of boots and take away those bricks he's been using. Thank you. And thank you for the neat piece of coal. It's the prettiest one I've ever gotten!

Merry Christmas everyone, Peace in 2013.