PBP: Premier League: Manchester United vs Cardiff City, Jan 28,2014[R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nimma, Jan 25, 2014.

1. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Giggs? Jesus.

Just go out to pasture already.

2. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    At least we have a kick ass forward partnership. Not too happy about RvP starting already. Hopefully they have been holding him back in training to be certain and the plan is to put Rooney on for him at 60 regardless of the score.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Attacking diamond

-----------------------RvP
    --Welbeck---------------------------------Mata
    --------------------Kagawa
    ---------------Cleverley------Fletcher

Adnan rested and the team still looks half decent. Replace Welbeck with Giggs if you want a natural winger.

4. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I'm not gonna slag the line up completely, but hmmm...

5. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thought getting Mata might signal some different thinking on formation and approach ....

But no, looks like 4-4-2.

How to take a bubble and burst it.

Hopefully this is driven by Rooney fitness / Januzaj tiredness / Fletcher fitness rather than Moyes thinking this is even vaguely near his best 11 / best formation.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    That's the issue with him being a coach as well.

7. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Also, with Kagawa, Januzaj, and Rooney on the bench it's the first time in what feels like forever that I've looked at the sidelines and said "Okay, we can change the game if we need to" instead of, "Oh ********, I hope Plan A works out. That bench is useless."

Futbol_Head repped this.
  8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just look forward Mata and see RvP. That's why you joined. Don't look to the sides, and don't turn around.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Seriously? #MoyesOut! fields THAT midfield and yet does nothing to rectify the situation during this transfer window? That is the worst midfield I have seen for quite a while. I don't even know why I am rushing back from work if he is going to field that shit. Mata will barely touch the ball while Van Persie will no doubt injure himself doing something defensively. ******** me.

cr7torossi repped this.
  10. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Think this lineup is negative and cautious in the extreme. Hopefully the lift of getting Mata and having RvP fit will compensate. Would say also considering it is only Cardiff, however our home performances seem to be worse with teams lower in the league ...

11. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On paper - this is Cardiff. It is the worst team in the league. Regardless of Ole coming in, they are still not a good team. If Moyes wanted to give Young and Giggs a run out to keep them sharp, he may as well have done this.

12. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Me thinks Valencia must give the most top notch blow jobs at the club. Homeboy plays every game, regardless how shit he looks.

Nathan18 repped this.
  13. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh God. Valencia and Young wings.....Poor Mata. If RVP isn't fully fit (likely), this could look ugly.

14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just saw the lineup...wow. It doesn't matter how fluid Mata and RVP link-up because every ball that goes out to Valencia is going to slow everything down while he does head fakes and eventually crosses into the first defender. It doesn't help that father time is at CM which means Jones will have to do defensive work for Mata and Giggs. Unbelievably stupid lineup.

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's a poor team. The tactics are shit. I'd hope we gave Mata a proper opener, with Shinji and Danny and co. But we've given him the dregs. It is what it is.

Nathan18 and Karloski repped this.
  16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    so is phil jones our permanent destroyer now? moyes had other option in midfield with clev and fletch...

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    it is a shame Giggs last few years are full of bickering towards him rather than appreciation. he should have hung it up 2 years ago or whenever he got the record. what else is left at this point? not even SAF

18. The Guardian

The Guardian Member+

Jul 31, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Welbeck on the bus but not even on the bench?

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Is this game on TV anywhere? It should be in the opening post. ********ing useless mods.

20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    there's definitely congestion up front. i was expecting cheech to not make the bench but there will be one striker left out every game... with mata on the team, there won't be any opportunity to play with 2 out-and-out strikers.

21. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    it is on NBC live extra for sure. i am checking the 4 skys will let you know if i find it.

interesting Sky has this lineup as 4-2-3-1 with Mata as the 10 behind van Persie

22. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    That's the most obvious strategy - Valencia/Young on wings, Giggs/Jones in front of back 4

23. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can't get a stream. Any help would be appreciated.

24. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Its all the same. Mata is going to play in the hole regardless. Valencia will play how he usually does on the right, Young may tuck in a little more. Maybe Mata will inspire those two... smh

25. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Karloski and Playboy Red Devil repped this.