Alert: Premier League: Manchester United v Southampton - Jan 30 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Jan 29, 2013.

1. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL

i think he thought it would bounce out of play. i think he knew it was a back pass and couldnt pick it up, the attacker was closing him down he panicked and misjudged the bounce of the ball.

come to think of it the pitch was poor and the ball took a weird bounce. instead of going out of lay the sorry pitch made the ball bobble straight to the attacking player. if Suarez didnt f-ck up our pitch the last time he played there this would not have happened!!

why am i defending him?? this is yur boy. i am ready to get julio cesar remember!!
    :geek:

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    In situations like that, I've seen it. Of course its not right, but I felt the only other option was to clatter Rodriguez while going for the ball risking injury to himself and/or giving up a pk.

sdotsom repped this.
  3. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Just don't take yourself out of play. Run toward the ball under control, if you can't get there first, try to get as close as possible and make yourself big. At the very least you are forcing the attacker to shoot past/over you or try to get around you and giving your defenders time to get back to possibly clear the ball off the line.

johno repped this.
  4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Do anything under the sun except jump over the ********ing ball.

googoo repped this.
  5. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you had me until the bold part. our defenders do not follow up on shots taken against DDG. Ever.

Holy__Joe, sdotsom and JC7rox repped this.
  6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Amen to that. No one ever charges down his blocked/stopped shots.

7. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Vidic does.

In spite of hisweak points, you can always, always count on that kind of effort by Vidic. He will do damn near anything back to hoof a ball out of the box, charge down a shot, give his head on a ball first, and follow up on rebounds to again, hoof it. He's very much an aggressive defender in that vein.

8. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah, pretty sure if De Gea was able to at least delay Rodriguez, Vidic probably would've had a chance to clear it.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If he had stood stock still (instead of jumping over the ********ing ball), the ball and Rodriguez would probably have clattered into him (not absolving Carrick of the horrid back pass) and odds on it would have been a foul or a gk/corner.

10. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    no, Vidic would have fouled him in the box and got sent off and we would have to play the entire 87 mins with 10 men. trust me DDG did us a favor here.

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I think what you posted is different from jumping, and having the ball played under you.

Still a mistake, but you know how you like to nitpick...

12. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I honestly just feel that any criticism of DDG on this goal [from most parties, not including you of course] is already harsh. To cricic him for this goal is really really tough. There's an error there, but it screams of panic, just like Carricks back pass.

13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    my guess is DdG somehow was fearing the lob

14. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Unless it is Carrick. Then he turns into Wenger. "I see nothing". I still remember when he didn't really think Carrick did anything wrong when he got owned by Olic.