Alert: Premier League: Aston Villa v Manchester United - Nov 10 [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by pgr17, Nov 9, 2012.

1. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Djemba-Djemba? Your Kleberson nut sack riding was the peak.

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I thought Djemba Djemba had a shot if given a fair chance. Truth is, Djemba Djemba was shit. Kleberson never got a fair chance. He couldn't he was a retainer/playmaker and we tried to play him alongside Scholes. Was never gonna work. I really liked Kleberson and I think he had a shot but he didn't get a chance. I will take that shit to the grave. Kleberson was my first Carrick. Don't get me started!

3. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nah, homie. I'm with you. I really couldn't wait for Kleberson to get a quality run in the side. Never happened. Blowing out his shoulder the first game of the season kind of did it. See, Fergie and his favorites strikes again!

There was a CL match where Kleberson was influential in a movement and you dissected the hell out of it. I thought that was classic! Your Kleberson love was something for the hallowed halls of BS.

johno repped this.
  4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember that. Klebs had something like 7 or 8 touches in one move, that only lasted like 30 seconds and went from box to box. It was what we would see from Scholes, but usually he just did that in our own half. I was in love.

5. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #15 in your program, #1 in your heart......forever Kleb.......

seriously, one of my biggest what if's as far as players that could have been huge in a United shirt..

johno repped this.
  6. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    what about Seba Verón then?

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Same story obviously. Although, Seba was more talented, I actually think he wasn't quite as suited to the pace of the prem as Klebs was.

8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @DR see if you hang around long enough and learn some history you will understand why things happen as they do.

for example (drum roll) now I understand why johno is the way he is. Think about it. He has to defend his point to the death cause he is still trying to recover from the DJX2 debacle!!

9. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    As far as I remember, Veron was brought in to play with Keane and Scholes. Kleberson was supposed to be groomed to take over for Keane (moreso) and Scholes. I could be wrong, though, but as I recall it, the difference between both guys is merely situational. Neither was given the proper canvas to succeed. Where a guy like Fletcher persists because he neither needs the touches to influence the game, nor does he have a problem deferring to the "dominant" partners, both of the aforementioned need to dictate play more often than not. Keano was not having it from Veron.......and was still here with Kleb.

I remember really looking forward to Veron in the run-up to the season he was sold to Chelsea. That was the year that United toured the States for the first time in lord knows how long. United played America at the LA Coliseum and Veron and Forlan looked like the class. Then he was sold. Same year we signed Ronaldo.

10. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    my biggest whiff was david bellion. i really thought we had found a gem lol. i remember saf putting him on during one those U.S. tours and he immediately started blazing on the right wing going past everybody and eventually won a corner because the left back had to put out the fire. then, i realized that going 100 mph on rails was his only move. football iq of a plant.

LA. MAN UNITED repped this.
  11. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im still waiting on your explanation as to why Samir "Im a passenger on Silva's bus" Nasri and Luckas "********ING" Podolski are better than Nani.

Amdrag repped this.
  12. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate them so much.

13. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If ya hate America so much, why don't ya just leave it!!! (loads shotgun and sips Budweiser)

:D