PBP: Prem R13: Newcastle @ Southampton, Nov 25

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by JaredSS07, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Shameus

Shameus Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Middle of a Migraine
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think about it though, Colo was injured and suspended, Saylor has been injured twice now, Simpson missed a while injured. Santon has been an iron man, no doubt there. I bet that quartet hasn't played 5 games together this season though.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    No doubt. But last season Tayls only played like 19 games. Willo and Perch ably filled in. And Santon didn't start until about halfway through the year. It's like night and day between their performances.

It has alot to do with what's in front of them, too. Like it's being pointed out, Tiote isn't the same. Cabaye is out now. Raylor and Guthrie made a difference.

Thx,

Jay!

mplsTOON and Russell1892 repped this.
  3. Russell1892

Russell1892 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Newcastle
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good point, I had totally forgotten that Pardew had a great first season in the PL with West Ham (9th place and a cup final) and then in the next season they almost got relegated. Now I know there were other mitigating circumstances, but a great season followed up by an awful one (whilst in Europe) is starting to sound all too familiar right now.

4. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I've been fruitlessly searching the old threads looking for a few comments I seem to remember about Pardew, his style and what to expect from WHU and Charlton fans that were posted when we signed him.

At any rate, they seem to be coming true, imagined or not. We're wedded to this mess for a few more years, at least. So let's hope we can right the ship in Europe, the FA Cup and worry about transfers for next season. Thank god there's some truly shitty teams in the Premiership this season so our swan dive should go unpunished.

Thx,

Jay!