Predict the World Cup Roster

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by jcwkings, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    No DM, who will defend the mediapuntas zone of the other team? (The zone in which Oscar plays for Brazil and Neymar occupies in transitions, or Rakitic and Kovacic share in Croatia). You need a holding midfielder specially in international level in which arguably you need two! (Neither Zavala nor Chaton are holding DMs I don't really know why people don't get this). Them being defensive midfielders doesn't make them suited to play there, see Iturra's case. Javi Martinez and Arturo Vidal are the rare cases in the world in which a player can play those to positions in the same level.

2. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So you are telling me a player cannot play in another position? You definitely gave examples of players who played a different role. Let me try to give you another example.

1. Piojo tried out Herrera in the DM position against Nigeria (and he played it really well)
    2. R. Marquez (a natural CB) played several times with Barcelona as a CDM and played it well.
    3. Reyes (who started out as a CDM with Chaton in the youth squads) is now playing CB
    4. C. Salcido (who started as a CB in Chivas) has played LB as well as CDM/CM for La Seleccion.

I watch their games, especially playing under Mexico. They have defense qualities and the physical attributes to excel in that position (especially in a new system and coach). I would definitely prefer these two guys playing a more CDM role than Medina or Vasquez.

My opinion, give them a shot and I am certain they will do well. If not, then f*ck it, Medina vs Neymar, Hulk, Modric, Eto'o, Song, Ramires, Oscar etc.

3. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Those players whom had played there has shown that they have what they need to do it, positining is the clue. Herrera was good in the offensive partnof a holding dm, but he lacks the positional sense, I remember a play in which a nigerian player dribble a bit and Herrera lost position in an awful wat, he simply lacks the talent for that, at least at the moment. And both Zavala and chaton have played there in club and in nt, it's not as if you're experimenting with them, and both have shown that they're not suited for that role. It's as simple as that, there are defensive midfielders which are not suited to a holding role, see Iturra and Song.

And I don't know why you guyd despise Vazquez, he has shown good form both on nt and on club, he has been good in Libertadores too, easily twice the player than Zavala. If you prefer the latter because of his size, then you are really wrong, because of his lack of positioning his size doesn't mattet at all, he would lose his battles any way.

4. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've had nightmares about this.

5. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i hope Chaton doesn't get injured anymore and Piojo gives him a chance this upcoming friendly

no way in hell Medina & Vasquez are better than him

6. ricardofloresc7

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    See my post above, he's not suited for that role, and for being some day he would need a good coach to help him, and he has Güero real so he's fucccked, so he has a chance of making the list as a physical interior, not as a holding DM. Maybe some day he will grow to that role, but at the moment he isn't.

7. tinieblas01

tinieblas01 Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Florida by way of Tx
    Club:
    Club América
    Any in form Liga MX LM-LWB >>>Andres Guardado.

Also, Diego Reyes is not ready to be a WC starter he gets outmuscled way too easily.