Pre/post Tottenham V Cardiff

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Raffaelo, Mar 2, 2014.

1. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    On recent performances, and looking at our fullbacks, next week against Chelski will be brutal.

2. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    I do. I'm sure Erik still harbors ambitions to make the Argentina World Cup squad this summer, so I can't see a scenario where he would accept not being played at all if he was healthy. At the least, we'd be hearing grumbling from the player if that were the case.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  3. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Dont worry..
    Sherwood will inspire the troops.

[​IMG]

4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looked to me that Ade was the happiest guy on the team for that goal. Did you see him calling all hands over to give Soldado the love?! It's like the whole team, particularly Ade, has been pulling for him. It was a lovely team moment.

5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soldado has been such a hard worker and so professional through it all, never heard him blame anyone except himself (same can't be said for most strikers) he seems like a pretty nice guy overall so im very happy for him.

overall the team performed like shit though, we shouldve put that away 2 or 3-0. the obvious person we were missing yet again was Eriksen, he is the one that pulls the strings that gives the goals. Perhaps he was tired from Europa but he needs to play against Chelski. WHERE THE F* WERE OUR FULLBACKS!?!?! Fryers and Naughton played well but they will get murdered against Hazard and Willian, we really need Walker and Rose back. Are the injured or is Sherwood punishing them??????

Soldado getting his goal was nice but against Chelsea I really think we need Eriksen in order to win this and we need a CDM to mark guys like Hazard. We need:

-----------------Adebayor------------------
    ---Eriksen------Dembele------Lennon---
    ----------Paulinho-----Sandro-------------
    Rose----Vertonghen--Dawson----Walker
    ---------------------Lloris--------------------

Also, there's a lot of hate against Dawson but he has been one of our most steady defenders past few seasons. The guy gets screwed not getting England call ups, plain and simple.

6. leocal11

leocal11 Member+

Feb 7, 2005
    San Francisco
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i fell asleep in the second half.

7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i fell asleep after the goal, few minutes after jumping like a giddy school girl after roberto finally scored

8. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kyle Walker to miss England friendly against Denmark
    Tottenham right-back Kyle Walker will not be fit for England's friendly against Denmark on Wednesday, according to Spurs boss Tim Sherwood.

The 23-year-old could still link up with Roy Hodgson's squad, but Sherwood thinks the defender will not be ready to play after a hip injury

Spurs' Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen will also be absent.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully they're fit and he's protecting them for chelski