Pre/PBP/Post: Sporting KC v. Houston Dynamo, Saturday November 23

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 12, 2013.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 22, 2013.
  1. Dynamo advance

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Weren't we just here? Twice? This time last year? And the year before? I'm pretty sure we were.

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. A decision

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I was always taught to at least get the shot on goal, even if it's weak and to one side, but to always follow you shot. Sometimes a weak shot can catch a keeper off guard, even it's a weak one. That's where we need a poacher. Someone that can be in the right place at the right time for a tap in. Is Lionheart available?

7seven7 repped this.
  2. Bananatwo

Bananatwo Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I tried to warn you were the problem would be. Now the stats are even more similar:

USMNT in WC 2010 without Feilhaber: 1-4
    USMNT in WC 2010 with Feilhaber: 4-1
    SKC in MLS 2013 Playoffs without Feilhaber:1-2
    SKC in MLS 2013 Playoffs with Feilhaber:5-2

His influence in Dynamo elimination was huge.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ^^^ bullsht. Rico Clark is in the middle and Feilhaber is shut down. i'm not in the mood for this.

7seven7, JC507, Bananatwo and 2 others repped this.
  4. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROFL! I think Rico not being in the middle was more of a factor than Feilhaber, but it's water under the bridge now. We scored in the first 3min, with Rico in the game would have been locked down. End of Story.

Heft and *rey* repped this.
  5. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I re-watched the game last night, and a few things stuck out at me that I didn't recall:
    - the field looked incredibly slow, and it looked like the Dynamo were having trouble adjusting the weight of their passes. I saw they actually watered the field in 22F weather. I also thought I was seeing water spray up on some long kicks, etc. Tally was taking divots on his kickoffs.
    - the wide pitch made the game much more open than in Houston. I think they would play well on wide pitches with a Rico enforcer midfield and the strong wing play. Is there any chance for Dom to adopt a wider pitch at BBVA in 2013?
    - the blue confetti was a hazard, and an unfair advantage to KC. It was only shot off behind the Dynamo goal when KC scored, and then it was cleaned up at half before Jimmy N had to deal with it. It was slippery, and I think caused some head games with our players. This is complete and utter BS on the part of KC stadium. IF this is really allowed and not outlawed, then the Dynamo FO needs to install these at BBVA. While I don't think it made enough of a difference, I think it played with the mental aspect of Tally and the back line (am I going to get good footing, etc.). This is an advantage that we should implement if its not outlawed.
    - I thought overall this was a very very close game, and it could have gone either way. Weaver's sitter goes in, and KC is chasing. KC did have some great opportunities in front of goal that were squandered. We played the Sporks straight up with a less than 100% line-up on their turf in bitter cold weather.
    - I thought Driver had a better game than has been alluded to here. I thought he was aggressive and attacking. A few bad turnovers, but he clearly favors the L wing role. Do NOT put him in C or R wing - it just doesn't suit his skills. Barnes was clearly playing back, and was rarely in the attack. I like Barnes, but he reminds me of Jevaughn Watson in not really having his heart in playing defense. I hope Dom rides his arse all winter about getting in better shape and playing a better counter attacking game.
    - But without a doubt the Honduran Smile was the MOM. The way he weaves 180 deg either direction with the outside of his foot is marvelous - he needs to teach this technique aka the Dream Shake footwork.
    - We need to add the threat of a long throwin ala Chewie-Besler during off-season training. Adds an element of danger - it didn't come into play this match, but it added a threat that had to be taken seriously.
    - You could here the Orange supporters throughout the telecast. That surprised me with the supposed Blue Hell in play. I did like the african sounding cheer they do, especially near the end of the game (don't know what it is)

Disappointing to know the outcome of the game while watching it again, but I thought the Orange represented well.

7seven7, troutseth, JC507 and 1 other person repped this.
  6. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

they watered the pitch pretty well before the game.

In the second half there was confetti on both ends, more on Tally's goal, but there some on both ends.

Their chant at the end was their "I believe that we will win" thing.

7. Bananatwo

Bananatwo Member

Sep 15, 2011
    He was the one who put Rico out.

8. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's an example of I Believe

one of my favorite college chants is this one tho

9. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you watch the game, the confetti was ONLY shot off behind Tally. When they switched ends for the 2nd half, they had cleaned up the confetti as best they could, especially on the pitch, so it wouldn't "impede" Jimmy when he took over the confetti'd end. Then they scored again, and Tally's end was confetti'd all over again

10. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

that's pretty much what I said-there was on both ends, but Tally's had a lot more in the second half. Not sure if they shot "more"on Tally's end in the second half, but it was definitely on both ends.