Pre/PBP/Post: PLAYOFFS: Houston Dynamo v. Kansas City, Sunday, Nov. 4

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2012.
  1. Dynamo win

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dynamo lose

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. It's Noodle Time, all the time!

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Holy shit I love this team!

*rey* repped this.
  2. mr noodle™

mr noodle™ Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I tend to agree with DJ's view that the winner of the play in match has a lot taken out of them and probably will not match up with the number seed. We still have the second leg to go so we'll see what happens. But I will say this-KC didn't play poorly but they played like a rusty team. They just weren't sharp in the final third. Maybe the layoff? Who knows. But we looked like a team that has been playing meaningful matches lately. Of course that could prove to be our undoing if we go deep into the playoffs.

4. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    I think a deep playoff run, even with a heartbreaking end, would be a very fine end for the season we've had. This team is incredible the way it turns things on in the playoffs.

5. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Rico and Moffat are co-MOTM in my opinion. They played Sporting's midfielders off the field.

CeltTexan repped this.
  6. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Best I've seen Adam play in quite a while. Those two are warriors.

brahmafutbol repped this.
  7. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apart from the goal he played solid. I actually thought that OBG and Brad Davis play really well defensively. KC and Houston are two of the teams that are hardest to play "pretty" soccer against and it showed.

8. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone ever tells me that soccer is boring I'm gonna punch them in their nose just on principle!

What a combative encounter that offered up to anybody watching what playoff footy delivers to its people. Tremendous pace and grit from both teams, every high ball was contested like it was a gold nugget to be had, cutthroat slide tackling all over the field and in the final third our guys showed the extra class in front of goal.
    K.C. will rue their missed opportunities to pull one goal back, can't wait for Wednesday night!

Having Rico back has been a real deal breaker for our midfield composure on the ball and his uncanny ability to keep the ball moving side to side as we progress up the field to build our attack. He allows Moffat to be the Scotsman box to box kiddie he excels at and allows Boni n Bowmaster to focus on their runs up field, which of course is how we secured that vital second goal by Bruin. Which him n the guys celebrated literally right in front of me n my son, them screaming with joy of the alegria despues un gol! It is a memory I will have for life and makes those nights out a Butler with a couple of hundred soccer junkies so worth the long wait for today downtown in our new home.

DALE DYNAMO! KEREMOS LA COPA!!!

9. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    Hey man, want some brisket?

10. ForeverOrange91

May 27, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a couple of friends I need you to punch that don't like soccer at all and a few more that like the sport but won't watch their own local team. You'd think a game like this would change their mind, but it's so hard to get some people to watch a game in the first place.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Fvck you Texas!"---K.C. traveling supporters as my son n I are walking out the NE gate leaving BBVA.

3 hours earlier some of y'all were eating n drinking with those same folks. Hang with 'em 364 if you desire Jack. Hang with Dallas folks if you desire as well. Some think THAT was a good idea as well.
    Look, they are fellow soccer fans in our nation and us soccer junkies have much in common, want to see the beautiful game grow in our nation, me n my boys get that. Perhaps on playoff day...perhaps that is the time to really take a step back and understand what it means to hang out with people that flip the bird towards our players and curse our great State. Just sayin' Haus.

12. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Any word on Jermaine's knee?

13. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Moffat has worked out pretty good for the Dynamo.

14. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, as long as it's TEXAN BBQ and not that Kansas shit.

Grimmjow316, cfig, Caddman and 2 others repped this.
  15. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good (and dare I say easy) three points.

...and in spite of the referee having a blue shirt on under his black shirt.

Crap doesn't begin to describe it.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Listen to the radio feed and saw the yellow Carr got ******** Kamara.Loved the energy from what I got to hear thankfully I'll get to watch the game on Wed.

Vamos Machina Naranja queremos la copa!

The_Ponce repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not there and only have seen the highlights, but seeing Vermes quotes and whines about the Dynamo are just ridiculous, considering who he puts out there in his lineup every game.

Dynamo_Forever and Heft repped this.
  18. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You won't see opposing fans in this video. ;)

omiz repped this.
  19. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like others here, I'm really proud of our guys. I love their composure. I also love the fact when they are fouled they don't automatically fall down and they don't constantly complain to the ref about calls and non-calls. On the other hand, I hate a team like KC that falls down on every touch and constantly is in the face of the refs. I'm so glad I support the Dynamo.

Everything about today was great. A fantastic crowd, the card thing was well done, the streamers were fun, the supporters were awesome and the crowd really got into their chants. I love "this is our house" and I really liked its appearance today, memories of PHP. I also liked the flags across the section above the supporters, that really looked great.

DNez2001, JC507, Levy2k6 and 1 other person repped this.
  20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Kinnear is the best American coach. Juvechelsea must be squirming right now.

Grimmjow316, JC507, *rey* and 1 other person repped this.
  21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SFood for thought:

So some real interesting history here - only the 2004 Quakes (Coached by Dom) lost a series after being up 2-0 and the other team to come back was the 2003 Quakes miracle vs. LA (with Dom as an assistant). Now, I don't know how many teams trailed by 2 OR more goals going into the second leg (it may be a small sample, tweets only cover 2 goal deficits).

So, did the field really look that bad?

22. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    no but I said when he went down, it looked bad. I told those around me that he would be coming out pretty quickly. half came and went and then I looked over at him. He was wincing in pain and make the sub sign. I am pretty sure he is a no go for Wednesday. No worries-Droid can fill in.

23. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It didn't look terrible but it wasn't good. It came up worse than usual. It looked a little rough too. I'm sure it was worse at field level than from the upper level. The lines look a lot worse on tv than they did live.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  25. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome, a big win and all some people can talk about is who is hanging out with who.

dadcoachref repped this.