Pre/PBP/Post: PLAYOFFS: Houston Dynamo v. Kansas City, Sunday, Nov. 4

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2012.
  1. Dynamo win

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dynamo lose

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. It's Noodle Time, all the time!

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Afford the price of a $25 dollar playoff ticket?! GTFO!

2. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What flying mother ********ing ******** ******** do y'all want? Do y'all expect a $5 ticket comes with a blow job and a reach around?! Sorry for being vulgar and shit, but this ********ing fan base is starting to get on my mother ********ing nerves! We have a winning team, a new stadium, great location, parking hasn't been a bitch and y'all want ********ing pick-up game park prices ala bring a 12 pack and you get as many people in as can ********ing be crammed in. Y'all are pissing me off! If tickets were $5o for the cheapest and had to pay ********ing $70 parking then I would say start bitching, but damn it ********...y'all are asking for too ********ing much!

ImaPuppy repped this.
  3. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They just need to be targeting your demographic then. I agree, that if you are a sports fan with disposable money for sporting events, you should be able to buy tickets regardless of costs. But when someone wants to bring the wife and kids, then they are not going to come to every game. The fan base needs to grow and certain people should be targeted. It just makes business sense. I'm not bitching about the costs, because I do pay them, but I am like you--a huge sports fanatic with extra money. Not everybody else is though.

Transatlantic and metroag repped this.
  4. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I think you hit a mark there-folks with kids and activities blah blah blah are going to find too many excuses to show up, regardless of price. While the 20 something urban hipster has relatively little responsibilities other showing up to work and not choking on their own vomit from the night before. They for the most part, are rather spontaneous and want to be at these matches-so target them and watch the empty seats disappear.

Ponce is right, our tickets are damn cheap, but not as cheap as they used to be, so I can see where those old walk up sales at the Rob now have limit how many matches they can take the whole bunch to.

But what WC alluded to is probably more of the problem-the extracurricular stuff for the suburbanite folks will often keep folks away and giving tix away is often a problem as someone pointed out since any hardcore fans would be going to the match anyway, the rest would rather watch football or bitch about the weather and neighborhood.

5. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I think the Prawn Sandwich seats are the only ones that come with the blow job and reach around.:oops:

ImaPuppy repped this.
  6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a pretty good storm and downpour Downtown about an hour or so ago. Guess what's going on at BBVA Compass right now? TSU football. Grounds crew will earn their salary tonite. I know the field can take the rain, but the field already looking a bit chewed up (if blurry) on TV and they are only in the first quarter. It should dry and they will roll the field, but not sure how solid footing will be.

JC507 repped this.
  7. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TSU playing Ark-Pine Bluff this afternoon at BCS, we'll see how well they can repair the turf and remove the pointyball lines by tomorrow...

8. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's on one of those over the air digital channels, although the pitch will need repairs - there doesn't appear to be any problems with the seating.

9. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So ..... BJ _and_ reach around?? Like at the same time?? wtf? I think this is a mixed metaphor. :)

10. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to explain but this is family oriented forum.

11. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, $25 for a playoff game is great! I dont care about a family cant aford. For a playoff game if you cant take a family, you find 3 buddies who have $25 and you tell them to buy a 6 of keystone tall boys on Saturday and you will pick them up at 11 on sunday. Tell the wife and kids to turn it to FS SW and you will see them at 6.

The_Ponce and metroag repped this.
  12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree the tickets are cheap....I said that in my post (well, I said comparitavely cheap) but I have a lot of friends who simply can't afford $20-25 tickets. These guys have always been big fans but they just don't have extra money for tickets at that price. I'm not saying the team needs to lower their prices, they are already a bargain. I just said if people would rather go to the Texans game they could give their Dynamo tickets to people that really want them but can't afford them. That would be better than leaving them unsold on stubhub.
    And I'm sorry, I just do not understand staying home to watch the Texans on tv. I really don't.
    Also, I got an email this morning that offered tickets starting at $20 with no additional charges. That is a fantastic price.

13. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    But you're preaching to the choir. By looking at the empty stadium this season, there's a problem somewhere and it isn't us here on BS.

14. houhen

houhen Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Atascocita
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn... I need to start mowing more lawns...

footyfool, troutseth and The_Ponce repped this.
  15. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Yeah but the Ponce was on a roll! I was just quoting his mixed metaphor, or something...:confused:

InDomWeTrust repped this.
  16. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said that they would take place at the same time! Why are y'all assuming stuff?

footyfool repped this.
  17. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because if they don't take place at the same time your mixed metaphor gets a lot more mixed ......

18. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Between all the asterisks Ponce, no one knows what the **** you were talking about!:D

For clarity, you should have just said, "Buy some tickets and shut up you cheap bastards!" But I have to admit, your phrasing was vastly more entertaining.

DNez2001 and InDomWeTrust repped this.
  19. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny part is that certain curse words weren't even ****-out.

20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Woke up early--can't sleep. I'm expecting an epic battle today at BCS.

[​IMG]

tex0313 repped this.
  21. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man I loved that opening on the video board before the games. You had sections of the crowd "quoting" the lines in that just before the fireworks, and it was an inspirational opening. CC if you read these boards and want to go retro, bring it back!

Heft and Danwoods repped this.
  22. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    So I have four tickets to the game. I posted on Craigslist and am trying to sell them, but if there is a Dynamo fan that has a group of 4 that wants to go to the game today, I will sell them to you directly at a discount. PM Me ASAP.