Pre/PBP/Post Houston vs NYRB Aug 3 7pm BBVA

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Jul 30, 2012.

1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the way you used "conventional" marriage.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I seem to have accidentally ended up at bigpolictics.com.

3. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You talking to me?

4. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahahaha! Did I imagine it?

5. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First 5,000 fans will get a Lunch Cooler
    [​IMG]

Brian Ching did not email me, or failed to mention anything about a lunch cooler

The_Ponce and anderson repped this.
  6. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so Bruin is likely still out, but Taylor and Ashe are available again, yes?

7. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    to get us back on track:

*in a New Jersey accent*

"hey NJ RedBulls say hello to your mutha for me, no disrespect."

8. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish they would start a rumor that Jerry Sandusky ate at Chickfila once so we can get some real boycotts going that actually work. I was excited about the boycotts for a while thinking that I would finally get to eat there without standing in a long, long line, but it backfired on me.. now people are going there trying to stand in line...

In reality this is just another perfect case study for the American sheep of this facebook generation. It is all about creating enemies out of nothing and dividing the country as much as possible. What better way that to attack America's favorite chicken chain. There are real racists and homophobes out there that we call could unite against, but instead we would rather just flock for or against this restaurant all because we read a few facebook posts or headlines.

To make this a Dynamo topic, I say we all boycott ALL AEG events. Philip Anschutz has been a much more outspoken critic of gay marriage. But I guess we have to wait on our handlers to dangle that bait before we start that battle.

*rey* repped this.
  9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's got an injury, on his calf or something. He didn't play in the Toronto game either.

10. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love a good thread hijack.

The real question is "Will Tim Cahill be here??"

11. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a mintue, I thought KFC was America's favorite chicken chain??

12. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played a bit on Tues, so we'll see if Backe eases him in with limited minutes or just throws him in. Cahill looked like he was ready to exert some leadership in their midfield.

13. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i watched the game and i thought he looked really good. He was decisive,took control and was coaching up players. He will make our night that much more difficult.But this is what we all have longed for who follow MLS. We want the best players and the best competitions.

Im really excited about the direction our league is headed in. More quality every single season. Better depth. And i am almost positive the league office is going to ammend the salary structure to make us even more competitive in the market.

ImaPuppy and anderson repped this.
  14. juan agudelowns

Apr 27, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Cahill had said that he wanted to get more time against Houston than he had against Tottenham, I believe I read this somewhere recently. For our sake I really hope this comes to fruition and he gets on the field and scores like 60 goals or something :alien:

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darrell Lovell tweeted that both Taylor and Bruin will be available tomorrow, according to Dom.

16. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think the Dynamo defense can cancel out much of the NY offense, and the Houston offense will cancel out much of the NY defense, if that makes sense. Their defense has been inconsistent and at times very bad. I'm thinking that our home field advantage and our increasing offensive threats will pull through for our city.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually stop at Chick-Fil-A off of Taylor on my way to games after I get done with a few practice chukkars over at the Houston Polo Club. I then hop in my gas guzzling Hummer that Jeeves has detailed and stroll on over the game

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Huff Post wannabes at Dynamo Theory already got that one covered.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, game wise, it's a cash payroll of like $15M vs a payroll of $3M, with little difference between the two in the standings. For whatever reason, the whole is less than the sum of the parts for RBNY.

I think they are suspect at goalie and on defense, regardless of Marquez' rep. They do seem to have a much larger stable of attacking players to choose from but I wonder if having too many choices and egos hurts them.

Losing McCarty hurts them. I hope Cahill starts because you know he can go a full 90 in the heat still working into shape.

Feel like this is the first "BIG" game at BBVA Compass. The opener was an event but not a real on-field showdown with stars on the field.

DonJuego, ra azua and Heft repped this.
  20. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    I agree, its going to be a fairly even match up honestly. The defense will have to be wary of the counter attack with Cahill going down the center. The back line has been solid so far, they just have to be aware and to be sure to mark their man as well. Offensively, we should go at them direct and not play it safe.

21. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The most dangerous period will be the first 25 minutes, I think. If Henry and Cahill starts linking up with good through balls from Henry, and smart runs by Cahill, it will get ugly. That's why I hope that the Houston offense is ready to equalize and beat NY.

22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chris Heck, their director of business operations, is reportedly on the way out. Their attendance has been below expectations, but I have no idea if other issues may be involved.

23. dreamingawake09

Jun 12, 2010
    Yeah but remember, Cahill has lost his legs. We can probably handle his speed. Henry will be tricky because of how well he can shoot at almost any angle and score. The defense must not give Henry any space.

24. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, during the NYRB game at Robertson in 2010, Henry just skinned Hainault at one point, and had an impressive outing generally. I believe Kandji played for NY in that game.

25. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ref is Silvu Petruscu, kind of overweight Canadian ref. Not a big fan of his, loses control easily.