Pre/PBP/Post: Houston Dynamo v. FC Dallas, Saturday, April 5

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Mar 31, 2014.

?

Result?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. Dynamo win

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. There is no......number 4.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LB+B? - Xbox?

JC507 repped this.
  2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yeah, XBox controller. I play on PC with XBox controller, and PS4 with the 4th gen, which I prefer. Which platform do you use?

3. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PS4 Fifa 14 - Add me Chrizg13 let me know whenever you want to play online - Usually get on @night before I got to sleep.

Heft repped this.
  4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Back in my hometown I've seen past their prime dudes chip a ball while wearing their Sunday best and holding a beer in one hand and a Marlboro red in the other.

The thing it looks like GKs are now cheating and going low on Bruin because they know what's he's going to do.

stopper4 repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's what Landin is up to now

*rey* repped this.
  6. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing the keepers they're going against aren't 6'4

*rey* and JC507 repped this.
  7. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

a deuce and a half

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    true, but the point is theyre also not professional soccer players that have time to practice this sort of stuff.

take Rico Clark. was a decent MLS player, went to Germany and returned with better foot work.

take Brad Davis and his early career fitness woes. started keeping better care of himself and is now top 5 in all-time assists.

why are we making excuses for a pro ball player?

edit - why am i even answering a FC Dallas fan?!? their level of expections are automatically much lower than ours.

redinthemorning and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  9. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This. I have to chuckle a bit at the notion that chipping is tough. Bruin is a professional and aspires to be an elite MLS forward. He has been called up by the USMNT twice (lord knows why). Chipping is too difficult for him?

I said before, week 1 there were two identical situations in two games - Bruin had a break wtih a bouncing ball and the keeper stranded at the penalty spot. Kenny Miller also had a break with a bouncing ball (admittedly ball bounced a bit better for him) and the keeper stranded at the spot.

Bruin shows no finesse and blasts the ball straight at the keeper. No goal. Miller chips the keeper. Goal.

I can chip a keeper at near full speed and trust me when I say that I am completely rubbish when it comes to playing soccer. As for a bouncing ball, my 9-year old can chip a keeper in that situation.

Dynamo_Forever and *rey* repped this.
  10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Bruin can chip a keeper. He just chooses not to.

*rey* repped this.
  11. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or if you have it on easy.... He can juggle the ball in the air and bicycle kick it in.... all the kids are doing these days.

Heft and *rey* repped this.
  12. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chipping the ball over the Keeper seems to be a confidence and flair thing... Some Strikers have it and other choose to shoot it around them( in Bruins case right at them). You would think every striker would have it in the shooting manual, but from what I've seen they don't. Most do, but some don't. If he wants to be considered a top, hell even a good Striker he better get after learning the art of the Chip Shot.