Pre/PBP/Post Houston Dynamo v. DC United, Sunday, July 15

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. Dynamo win

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Dynamo lose

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Stoke City is quoted, "Wait! What?", after signing Cam Weaver to a $2.7 million transfer.

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you meant Luling.

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Catch. Here is what I actually meant.

South Side Market in Elgin.

3. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    City Market in Luling is my favorite hidden gem in central Texas. Kreutz's is so good you'll go slap your mamma for not taking you there sooner.

4. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    whatever bbq JuveChelsea likes, i disapprove of.....

^^^ if i could rep my own post, i would.

5. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to get to Kreutz's before 1115 am to make sure you get some Prime Rib before they run out. It is out of this world amazing.

6. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Smitty's and Muellers are on my list. In Houston give Houston BBQ Co. (West side), Gatlins (heights), and Pizzitola's (inner Loop) all a try.

7. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Snow's still good? I heard its the best. Yet to have it though

Planning on stoping by city market next time I go to San Marcos

8. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a place in Austin called Franklin's just East of I-35 off 11th Street.

Everyone raving about it. Has folks lined up before they open since like all really good BBQ -- once they sell what they smoked up they done, no mo. NY Times wrote about it. Blah Blah Blah.

The hot news is this. The King Lear syblings of Lockhart have kissed and made up and are jointly opening a new BBQ shop out West of Austin. Going to give folks headed to Coopers a reason to never get there.

I assume you all know the King Lear story of Lockhart BBQ.

Currently -- JMuellers BBQ truck on South First is really smoking up some mean beef. Simple spicey dry rub. Get there early. Heat and line hit before 1130. John Mueller is the son of Mr. Mueller of Taylor. Of Mueller's BBQ in Taylor. He fell on hard times as in skid row not the Donnie Trump hard times. Food trailers gave him a lifeline back to success and he is now establishing himself as the current King of BBQ.

9. 2nd Chance

2nd Chance New Member

May 26, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Are you being sarcastic?

10. el nordissimo

el nordissimo Member

Jul 31, 2008
    "018"
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to say "what, no Franklin love?"

I have held the line on a couple of occasions now, both at the old truck and at the 12th street location. Franklin is indeed the s&*t.

Had J. Mueller yesterday as a matter of fact, and it was awesome too. Had to move a mountain to get my in-laws off of their tried and true Rudy's shoe leather. Mueller's was incredible. Dreamt about that crust last night. Outstanding stuff.

Also, as all of the in-laws inhabit the lakeway 71/620 area, I am very stoked about the coming together of the Lockhart family. I hope they call it Gloucester's. (OUT, VILE JELLY!)

11. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back!!!!

JC507 repped this.
  12. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I applaud everyone who has mirrored almost identically my exact thoughts on Texas BBQ. The Bigsoccer collective is a wise, wise bunch that clearly knows its BBQ.

13. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i was totally being sarcastic.

i've met most of the 'local locos' on these boards in person. so sometimes i leave out the smiley faces because i forget that i haven't met everyone and assume everyone catches the perceived sarcasm.

you know what is true though?: Dom hates Mexicans on his team (see Carlo Costly, Roland Cerritos and Ale Moreno to name a few).

14. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to point out you were wrong about DC being our first loss. I almost called in o Sunday when you said that. Until I realized it was 5PM, it was a podcast, and I was driving to the stadium. xD

15. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a much needed 3 points. especially against DC.
    most of the team looked good, and it was nice to see watson and carr healthy. ashe even had a pass that was positive!
    but (wet blanket time)
    it was vs 10 men! of course we looked good. not to piss in everyones cherrios, but the first 10 mnts (especially 5) of the game looked borderline horrid. pontius alone got behind our D 3 times and should have scored. If Hamid doesn't brain fart, (or get outsmarted as he put it) we probably don't win. 11 v 11 would have been a much different story. and based on how the beginning of the game went, it could have been an ugly one

i give credit to every player and coach for performing well because they deserve it. they did what they were supposed to do, which doesn't always happen. and after the crap fest in montreal, i figure we are about even in the karma department. well done fellas

real test is wednesday. if we pull that off, i think the rest of the league might let out a selective "uh oh, here they come". if not, then we are just another 5th place team that beat a 10 man team without one of their best defenders. we have a real opportunity to separate ourselves from the Columbus', montreal's and the boston's of the world. Do we have the talent to pull it off?

now excuse me while i go hide before the sunshine police bludgeon me with hyperbole and scientology like fanaticism...........

Hydro repped this.
  16. 2nd Chance

2nd Chance New Member

May 26, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't know about the hating Mexicans thing.

17. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    LOL! .....and that's the 2nd time Bill Hamid has fkd with one of my predictions.

but seriously the way we've been playing, i only saw 4ish points out of next possible 9. i was glad to be wrong, but yeah we may still only finish with 4ish if we go back to bad habits against SKC. the good thing is the Honduran Olympic squad has kept Andy Najar (and Danny Cruz on) and Roger Espinoza out of our hair for these 2 games. thanks Bill H!

actually, if you read the entire thread almost everyone on here has acknowledged that we have to be cautious on overhyping this win against 10. come wednesday, its nail baiting time again.

18. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is this place open on Dynamo game days? I've always wanted to try this place and their website says they're closed on the weekends but open for Astros games.

19. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you did there :D

20. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neg Rep.

cougarclaws repped this.
  21. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neg Rep.

22. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Nice suite Cougarclaws"

anderson, cougarclaws and Levy2k6 repped this.
  23. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol I see some resemblance.

24. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny thing is when I saw the pic I thought "what is he doing now?" then I noticed it was Olsen.

25. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo