Pre/PBP/Post Houston Dynamo v. DC United, Sunday, July 15

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2012.
  1. Dynamo win

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Dynamo lose

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Stoke City is quoted, "Wait! What?", after signing Cam Weaver to a $2.7 million transfer.

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I saw a bunch of people taking pictures with this guy.... but i don't know who he is :p

[​IMG]

Beavis Stiffler and The_Ponce repped this.
  2. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I a little crazy for being a little disappointed that the GK was sent off so early? I wanted to what that lineup would do against a full strength team.

3. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Brooks Reed, defensive linebacker of the Houston Texans. BULLS ON PARADE!!!!!

4. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I don't know who he is either. But someone told me he plays for the Texans. The only Texan I'd recognize is David Carr. o_O

5. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was ironic that DC came in confident because they had been training in 100 degree heat thinking they would be ready for Houston, then we have the coolest day in the long history of BBVA Compass. But having to make a sub in the first half while playing most of the game a man down can't be good.

It seemed that we were playing with twice as many players as DC. Every time a DC got the ball he immediately had 2 men on him. Nice to see.

6. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    That's the way I usually see it during a regular season game, but not when we are trying to make it to the playoffs.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too. I used to see him at First Colony Mall.

8. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He saw a handball in the box, called it on DCU for a pen, then his AR pointed out it was Andre Hainaults arm that knocked the ball down not the defenders. He got it right. And he listened to his AR. I thought he did well there.

Danilo-11 and el nordissimo repped this.
  9. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the big-bad one where Pontius got in alone and should have tested Hall better it was all OBG's fault. He had the ball at MF moving inside. Hainault was overlapping behind him down the line. Then OBG played a horrible ball directly to a DCU fella, Maicon Santos I'm thinking, who plays in Pontius alone. You just can't fork over the ball in that part of the field with the team shifting up ... your going to be caught out.

10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Bro. Burro's sounds right. The Burrito I had was excellent. A "Big Ass Burrito." The other food I saw coming out looked good as well. If it was you who mentioned this last week then I owe you a big heapin of thanks.

Of course -- the 4-0 shellacking was totally due to me finding a pre-game burrito!
    -----

I've eaten at the Texas BBQ House twice now. Coming from Central Texas BBQ it just doesn't quite work for me. Back in my Houston days it would be fine.

11. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All that training in the heat and they were still cramping up in cool weather. They need to find a better strength and conditioning coach.

12. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rate Pappa's and Goode Co. above the Texas BBQ House for brisket. But, hey, it's right there. :D

13. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX

Well if you try to tell me Salt Lick is great BBQ (other than Beef ribs - wow), we may have a problem with your assessment. :) There are a long list of places better than TX BBQ House not names Pappas or Goode here in Houston - most of them are outside of town though.

14. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    I saw him walking around First Colony Mall a few times, but never recongized them. One day, he tripped and fell on the ground, and I yelled out, look, there's David Carr! I never knew what he looked like standing up!

footyfool and brahmafutbol repped this.
  15. SenorCool

SenorCool Member

Apr 10, 2006
    In a House
    The worst Anno moment last night was the corner that Dynamo won. He stared at the area the entire time and right as Davis was approaching the ball, he blows the whistle to signal the foul. Davis was playing the ball short and Anno never saw it. He was just so intent on whistling fouls.

I was very skeptical of the sending off and thought it was harsh. I agree with the foul, but I don't think Mac would have gotten to the ball had he stayed on his feet. Even if he gets to the ball, he has an impossible angle to shoot, and last time I check, he is no Joe Ngwenya!

I thought we were in trouble until the penalty and sending off. I told a couple of people I saw a 0-0 coming. Maybe I should just go ahead and predict a 0-0 on Wednesday night. As long as Dynamo stay on the power play this season, I am predicting good things!

16. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think I've ever eaten at Salt Lick -- don't mean that as a slight, just haven't. I'm sure there are better places, particularly as you head out westward along I-10. There's a good place around Columbus where we've stopped a few times during road trips over the years, but I can't recall the name. I picked Goode Co. and Pappa's because I'm a hopeless Inner-Looper and was just trying to provide a frame of reference that most people would probably know. I like Hickory Hollow, too.

Of course, if you really want to knock yourself out with grilled meat, then I'd go with a good Brazilian churrascaria. But that's somewhat a different genre -- not really apples to apples (or brisket to brisket). :D

17. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    About playing against 10... even in those cases many teams can't destroy the opposition. Credit to the Dynamo for unleashing a killer instinct and getting it done ASAP.

I forgot... anybody else spotted SKC coach Peter Vermes in an adidas black shirt on the concourse?? I knew his face was familiar. Wonder what conclusions he reached going into Wednesday hahaha!!

18. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salt Lick is plentiful BBQ. Not great BBQ.

Great BBQ?
    Kreuze Market/Smitty's in Lockhart.
    Mueller's in Taylor.
    City Market in Elgin.
    JMueller's in Austin.
    Iron Works BBQ (Beef Ribs) in Austin. **
    Cooper's in Llano.

** I actually call them Brontosaurus Ribs.

19. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Salt Lick was a bad experience for me. After the drive all the way out there, then waiting over an hour to get a table in a half empty restaurant, the food sucked.

20. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    ^^^ word.

btw, in KC i did enjoy Fiorella's burnt-ends sandwich or perhaps it was the company of bigsoccer royalty.

21. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People come from all over to eat BBQ at Vincek's in East Bernard. They even have an article in Texas Monthly, I know because it's been on their wall behind the counter for 10 years. Even their kolaches taste smokey. But I'm not a fan.

22. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To guys. Do we need to start a BBQ thread?

The taco thread aint enought?

Funny story though... One of the guys with a mls badge was wearing a Black's BBQ hat.
    I'm a Kreuz guy though

23. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    speaking of BBQ-by the NW entrance I found a BBQ stand next to the beer one, they said they had BBQ with Blu cheese cole slaw-it actually looked pretty good-anyone try it?

24. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

When we're in a good mood after a win, we talk about food.

When we're in a bad mood after a loss or home draw, we talk about Corey Ashe.

Then we talk about food.

This whole forum is just a front to talk about food. And zombies.

25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States