Pre/PBP/Post: Houston Dynamo v. DC United, Saturday, March 2

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Result?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2013.
  1. Dynamo win

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. Dynamo tie

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Dynamo lose

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Carlos Ruiz? Carlos Ruiz? Carlos @#$*% Ruiz!!

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26. 3 away.

2. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Every 'Perro' has his day.
    One has to wonder how the game would have transpired had the Ref given the deserved red card to 'Marquez' Briseno or the two non called penalties against the Home team in regular time.
    The Mexican NT deserved it in extra time but times are a changin for the matchup of these two rivals.
    The US is getting better and better on the field. Now the USMNT just needs to get more fan support...

Also, just loved the lasers being shot at the US team players faces all game! Stay classy Mexico!

Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  3. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just the experience of playing Mexico there in front of a big crowd was a great experience for these players. It helps get them ready for Gold Cup games. ;) In any event, these games really give emerging players the sort of experience that will help them in the future.

Dynamo_Forever and *rey* repped this.
  4. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you have a dedicated destroyer who primarily sits in front of the back 4, not noticing him is generally a sign that he had a pretty good game. It means he's snuffing out attacks before they can develop and mostly acting as a pivot and escape valve on offense. Sure, a more noticeable contribution on offense is nice from time to time, but that is really just a bonus, not what he's there for.

*rey* and JC507 repped this.
  5. HootieMcBoob

HootieMcBoob New Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Pretty impressive but a lot of the regular starters had left(Stanko) or werent let go by their club(Packwood, Cunningham, Brooks) so the number probably would have been closer to half that.

One player I was extremely impressed with last night was Benji Joya. He played with a lot of skill and extreme composure you want from a captain of your team. Also to add that he is a fantastic story as two years ago he was cleaning offices with his Mom now he is captaining his country in a major tournament. If that isnt the American Dream I dont know what is and now that I am done being teary eyed I hope the young lad and his club team take a major beat down tomorrow.

el nordissimo, 1Coug1 and *rey* repped this.
  6. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's kind of what I meant by gritty. I think he absolutely deserves his spot on the team. That said, I noticed him make a few bad passes early on in this game that a better team would have capitalized on.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is like the first positive post I've ever seen from 1TH. It's a whole new happy season around here!

cfig, JC507 and Levy2k6 repped this.
  8. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figure its an imposter. He wouldn't actually give Corey Ashe any compliments

9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The line up sheet listed it as a 4-4-2, for the record.

[​IMG]

11. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a wowzer time at the game.

ImaPuppy repped this.
  12. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where's ching on that list?!?

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top right corner. Second name down.

14. DNez2001

DNez2001 Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston 'burb
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant as listed as a coach . . .

cfig and redinthemorning repped this.
  15. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My photos from the game, sorry about lateness. Been lazy/working/meh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more here

Caddman, el nordissimo, 1Coug1 and 3 others repped this.
  16. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had an awesome time last Sat night!
    I brought out 1 total newbie to soccer, an Aggie gridiron/soccer is weak, type of friend and he got converted on the SPOT soN! He was raving on and on how I had told him that in Houston Texas, football season never ends, we have tailgating opportunities all year round and the fun that comes from supporting an association football team.
    Yeah, well he is hooked now.
    Then there are two other dudes and three of their friends. The two are bar mates of mine and a lot younger so they were into the idea of going to a soccer match and they listened to what I had suggested to do for pre-game and beers and food to which all that and the game has now got them raving mad about Dynamo football.
    If each of us brought one person out to a home game and it was a good night/a Houston victory, I think the coverts would soon start to rival us old soccer junkies. To the convert, as I have witnessed it, they often become the soccer die hard the twice over! It sinks in on them that they have been hearing about all this but for years decided to not find out for themselves...then they do of course...and they can't get enough in hopes of getting back all those lost years with soccer. Very cool to witness in friends.

Rico played stellar. Giles flick on was sublime and did well. Our centerback corps is boss and we are only going to get better as the season goes on.
    DALY DYNAMO! Bring on Santos!!!

ImaPuppy, Caddman, Levy2k6 and 1 other person repped this.