Pre-Match/Match/Post-Match Thread - NCC - Toronto FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - July 2, 2011 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, May 19, 2011.

1. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: Pre-Match/Match/Post-Match Thread - NCC - Toronto FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - July 2, 2011 (

You're kidding right? You think Gargan's the man?

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: Pre-Match/Match/Post-Match Thread - NCC - Toronto FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC - July 2, 2011 (

Gargan's a fill in guy for anywhere. at LB we have Yourassowsky and Borman

3. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

That's what I was getting at. I mean, neither of those are great and Kluko would be a big improvment on either of them, but I think that this position is far down the list in terms of need for improvement.

4. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Just saw this tweet from bgnewf:

CSA confirms that TFC & Whitecaps will be able to choose totally different 18 man rosters for V-Cup Final Replay July 2nd if they so choose.

Well, that's definitely going to make things interesting now!

5. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

They don't really have much of a choice. It's not like they can force Cann to play with an ACL tear

6. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Or force vancouver to play without a coach

7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

in Vancouver's case it would be forcing them to use a coach that they've fired

8. T-boy

T-boy New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    T-dot

I dunno, maybe Cann on crutches would still be better than Harden at full fitness?! :p

9. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

What does he need crutches for? he just needs to sit on a chair to do that

10. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008

I wonder if they'll riot when if lose this final.... lol

12. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Don't go there, dude... :rolleyes:

13. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008

too soon?

14. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too soon.

15. T-boy

T-boy New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    T-dot

You gotta like Hassli, all action, good in the air and surprisingly quick with his feet. I'd love a striker like that at TFC. We haven't had anybody similar since Dichio! Hassli really hold the ball up well and brings other into play. Nice goal!

16. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

i hate to say it, but Vancouver's probably got the most effective DP in the league- apart from his red cards

17. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Is it too soon to point out that a lot of rioters were shouting about the loss being "Bettman's fault"?

Vancouver sports fans love their conspiracy theories, and I can't wait to hear about how there was never any lightning during the original contest after we win the cup. :D

"It's all a CSA plot I tells ya!"

18. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008

who's bettman?

19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Bettman is to blame for a lot of things, but not for their team sucking in the finals. if he did cause their loss i would have to change my view of him- but i don't

20. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Stick to topic, please.

21. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

[​IMG]

22. FutebolDeResultado

Feb 8, 2008

hilare

23. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hahahahaha....this thread turned fun and I missed it. Stop trying to CAUSE a riot here on BS with the VAN trolls that are surely lurking, FUTEBOL!

:eek:

24. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I take it that this game is no longer going to be on rogers sportsnet? It looks they are showing the jays at that time. I guess i'll have to rely on the interweb.

25. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Oh, Rogers Sportsnet is still doing the match, but it'll be on Rogers Sportsnet One. :rolleyes: