Pre-Match / Match / Post-Match Thread - CCL - Toronto FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy - March 7, 2012 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Fort York Redcoat

May 29, 2008
    Toronto
    Re: Pre-Match / Match / Post-Match Thread - CCL - Toronto FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy - March 7, 2012

Agree TOF. The return to streamers were a re-introduction to all the new fans that got to see the team we've been following since '07. The beer can was an isolated idiot and had nothing to do with organized support.

2. ErnieE

ErnieE Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Oakville Ontario
    Re: Pre-Match / Match / Post-Match Thread - CCL - Toronto FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy - March 7, 2012

According to an early report by TFC of the can incident it was one person, an American from Chicago. We should feel no responsibility for the Beckham can.

3. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

It certainly was a minority but I can't believe it was one guy. On that corner alone, there were two cans and one bottle chucked in the direction of Beckham. As Bad as it would be to paint the whole crowd with this.....it would be equally bad to say "it was just one guy".

4. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Agree with TOF, I saw at least a dozen cans on the ground behind the net before I left.

5. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

That was a joke. The article you read (probably this one: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/03/what-you-missed-wednesday) was a joke, blaming it on Steve Bartman - the fan that interfered with the ball during the playoffs:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Bartman_incident

6. torontofootballclub

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC

I think the streamer ideal was great, it makes it kind of like a "World Cup" feeling, and it really gets the quiet fans that usually sits there in to the game. But the beer can is just unacceptable, it makes everyone of us looked bad.

Overall, I think alot of the fans at the game was first time fans or just came because of all the advertisement/gimmick. If you ever sat at the 500, it was a dead place, some people weren't even watching the game, yet some people tries to start chants but fail most of the time.

Either way, I hope they will play another game at the Rogers Centre in the future.