Pre/In/Post Game: USOC: 3rd Round - Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Seattle Sounders FC - 5/29/13

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by XaviusX, May 28, 2013.

1. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

VS.

[​IMG]

Date: Wednesday, May 29, 2013
    Time: 7:30 PM

[​IMG]

2. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Convincing win last night by Orlando. Would kind of suck if the Rowdies can't get past the Sounders.

3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It depends on the line-up the Sounders put out. Colorado was virtually all reserves, with the players that had regular season starts only having those starts because of injuries to the starters. If the Sounders put out a reserve side, then you have a good chance to advance. The more starters in the line-up, the harder it will be for the Rowdies.

4. John Mercado

John Mercado Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Will be fun to watch, I have not seen the Rowdies play. The game being broadcast on the Sounders sight tonight.

5. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sounders will not be fielding a strong lineup at all. They just can't due to injuries, national team call ups, 5 foreign player limit in the Cup, suspensions and having to rest key players due to having three away games in one week on opposite ends of the continent.

We won't get a better shot at them than tonight.

6. italia1

italia1 New Member

May 26, 2004
    PDX, OR
    Come on you ROWDIES, kick that Shittle ASS, and remember "They're Flat, They're Round, They Flop on The Ground.....Shittle Flounders.....Shittle Flounders.

Good Luck and Cleats Up!

P.S. Hide your pies or else Ziggy will eat them! He is the one that ate all the pies!

7. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    That may be true, but we are still going to need to put on our best effort of the season to even stand a chance. The defense plays like they have at home much of this season and we will get torched, reserves or no reserves.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Most significant win in Rowdies history, short of the Soccer Bowl win. To win matches against better clubs you need a bit of luck and a huge performance in goal. We got that tonight, Restrepo came up with the clutch save when we needed it. It was nice that the home fans finally got to see an Open Cup win and against a club with Seattle's pedigree no less. The odds of an upset against the Timbers in Portland are a lot longer. It will most likely be the biggest crowd that the Rowdies have ever played in front of in their history. Lots of pressure on the boys from that kind of atmosphere.

Win or lose in round four, my biggest fear is that they trot out those god awful third shirts. Hopefully, Portland will do us a solid and wear their red alternates to ensure that doesn't happen.

10. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just booked my flight, and I know of several others making plans as we speak to make the trip. This is not one to be missed, if you can at all make the trip.

Soccer Budgie repped this.
  11. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Enjoy the trip. Hope you guys get to celebrate an upset win!

12. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! It would be ridiculous to upset the Timbers in their own house. I know it'll be tough, likely much tougher than it was tonight, but its the Cup and it could happen. I'm just thankful we get to make the trip and look forward to seeing it in person. As well as the USA qualifer in Seattle the day before and the Timbers regular season home game the following saturday. Will speedy survive? Stay tuned to find out.

13. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congratulations!

14. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Very proud of the team and the mob. What a great victory. I would be flying to Portlandia, but the Domino World Championships are on that same weekend in Orlando.

15. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States