Pre/In/Post-game: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers 4/28 7:30pm EST

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Rowdies are looking a bit better each match. It was great to get a win over the Strikers at home. Team plays pretty entertaining soccer for division II.

Stars of the game
    1. Savage with the nice finish on the third goal and the earlier assist.

2. Antoniuk changes the game. All of a sudden those balls being floated into the box have someone to play them.

3. Ambersley should buy Antoniuk a beer. He immediately looked better with the big man next to him.

4. Mulholland is the only guy who takes people on in the final third (and beats them). Yoshitake showed a little promise in that regard, but still has his back to goal way too much.

Duds of the game
    1. Do I even have to say it? Shane Hill. He played like he had concrete shoes on tonight. Is our bench that shallow that he makes the field when he clearly isn't up to snuff?

2. Atinella. Nearly got burned by falling asleep and letting himself get chipped. I know it is one play, but it could have potentially changed the game.

3. The customary late goal allowed by the defense. Guess they like to keep things interesting.

4. The small field at Al Lang. The Rowdies style of play would be a thing of beauty on a larger pitch (and much more effective probably). I think the team learns some bad habits on such a small area. They look great until the final third when there are so many bodies packed into the area that they usually turn around and knock it backwards. Very little room to maneuver.

2. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I like antoniuk as a super sub. Great win tonight.

...and Shane hill still sucks. Get him out of here.