Pre/In/Post Game:Railhawks VS Pumas Mar.20/13

Discussion in 'North Carolina FC' started by Prosoccercdn, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Is the game being streamed live today?

2. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-1 Pumas at the half. First goal for Pumas was an own goal by Carolina - unlucky bounce from the defender to pop it up into the air and misjudged by the keeper.

3. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just announced on the WRAL2 broadcast that attendance is 8,054. And the largest crowd ever for a RailHawks game at WakeMed Soccer Park.

4. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent attendance! Hope the team can keep the attendance up throughout the season! :thumbsup:

5. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll see. The broadcast team kept talking about there being a LOT of Mexicans. I don't know how well UNAM fans travel. Still, the raw number could drive the hype.

6. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was definitely mostly Pumas fans. The hope is that we can bring some of them back.

7. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish on our free kicks that our players would make the defenders give them 10 yards. So far this preseason, the other team has usually stood in front of the ball and our players just play the ball backwards. I can understand if you see that a quick start might be beneficial, but come on, at least make them give you space sometimes and increase your options! Its a psychological thing too - they are controlling our free plays which in turn translates into the feel of the gameplay and ball control. Making them give 10 yards also puts the defense on edge and uneasy. Anyway, just a pet peeve and wish our team would assert themselves better.

8. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course it is - by the end of last season, capacity had risen to 8,048. There's been one sellout that big, so this is a record by six tickets, but previously the stadium couldn't even fit that many.

9. RAL_United

RAL_United Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Raleigh
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, however, I think they made the distinction because stadium capacity has been increased for special events before - so maybe its not the all-time record for the stadium. I know more the 8000 tickets were sold for the USA v Jamaica match in 2006.

10. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True.

Mostly I'm excited that in the second game ever at the new capacity, we got a bigger crowd than would have even fit a year ago.

11. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Savor it, they will be few and far between.

12. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too true. I expect the average attendance to be up again, but not up over 8K.