Pre/In/Post Game: I-4 Derby: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs Orlando City 03/30/2013

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ooo burn, I'm so heartless making light of lame excuses for bad attendance when you mention a grisly detail. :rolleyes:

At the very least 150 people can make the 2+ hour drive from Orlando leaving at 4:30 on game day. But the Tampa fan base were all so conveniently inconvenienced that they, however, could not possibly make it. Or at least enough of them its worth mentioning as an excuse for empty seats.

But then again, who needs excuses? These games didn't even matter it turns out.

I'm glad you all came to terms with these past three meetings with Orlando and decided they didn't actually matter at all (you know, after losing all of them). I would probably want to act like I didn't care after a team I talked so much crap about for the past couple years beat mine on the field and in the stands when it came time to walk the walk. Sounds like a big time organizational and supporter failure and shows why Tampa will likely continue having a relatively meaningless existence in front a of a couple thousand fans in a baseball stadium while Orlando will continue drawing thousands more en route to a SSS and MLS.

In short, our team can draw close to 7,000 for a "meaningless" friendly, yours can't even come close to half that number despite your stands being invaded by a couple busloads of away supporters, and you're acting like WE have the problem? I'm sure any team would agree that having too much support is a good problem to have.

And finally, since we matter as much as UCF to you now does that mean you'll stop trolling our facebook pages Charlie? And the mob will stop posting about us? Yeah, that'll be the day. :laugh:

2. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I still made it to the game quick and I'm a rowdies fan as well. I like the fact that you guys "invaded" our stadium, just like we did with yours on 9 March. I also don't think these games were meaningless at all. I've always wanted to play you guys as soon as you left Austin and came to the armpit of the this lovely state. You guys have the wins, and you can run your mouth, but theyre some fans who would like nothing more in the world to destroy the purple and red next year. Preseason aside. I hope we can meet up in the Open Cup. That would be delightful, and even more meaningful...for me at least.

I, for one think it sucks that Otown has beaten us 3 straight. I want this rivalry to grow, and we need a win next year for sure. Bring all the fans you want, the hostility and all the bottles you want. I'm down. We need this passion for this rivalry. But again, I don't support it getting violent. On both sides, well...on Orlando's side. Make fun of our friendly confines, but I rather have a baseball stadium compared to a broken down Citrus Bowl that hasn't been sold out since Wrestlemania. Whatever. You do what you gotta do.

I make no excuses for people that live 20+ miles from ALF to go to Rowdies games. I also make no excuses for the "fans" that don't want to make it for games. Unfortunately it is the nature of the beast in Tampa Bay going to Rowdies games. I personal complain about this,but I can do nothing about it. We just have to live with it.I live 18 miles away and I still do it. I also think its quite embarrassing when people say they don't want to make the drive bc there is a bridge they have to cross. I've said since day one that if you are a true fan you'll do whatever it takes to come to the games. Frankly I have been over the bridge excuse. Hardcores like myself know what's up, but unfortunately the casuals don't. The ironic thing is We need these casuals to come to games, and I don't know what the team, the mob and anyone else can do to get them to come over. So take that as you may quick. I'm sure you have the same problem in Orlando, with people that don't want to make the drive from deltona, apopka and clermont.

Quick25 and WhiteStar Warriors repped this.
  3. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok you won enjoy your preseason cup til next year, play the scrubs in your league with a 32 goal differential and 15 point advantage ohhh wait...you lost last year...forgot.

FNovoa repped this.
  4. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick should have been on my ignore list a long time ago. He successfully joined that exclusive club.

An inability to take these games in context, crying about how Tampa fans didn't care about preseason friendlies and being an idiot about geography in Tampa Bay aren't worth my time.

I do hope we meet in the Open Cup. City were lucky on Saturday night vs a team that has yet to play the same 11 twice in a row (since its still, ya know, preseason and all). It'll be very interesting indeed to face them with real bragging rights on the line. A win in the Open Cup would be worth all of these losses combined. A loss there WOULD hurt, far more than the preseason games have. That much I completely agree with and would admit to.

but honestly, being associated with hooligans from Orlando isn't something I care much for. Maybe we should just keep posting the video of glass bottles flying in the direction of women and kids?

If the Mob EVER becomes scum like that I'll never have anything to do with it again.

FNovoa repped this.
  5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because one-off playoffs are idiotic. Unless the NASL does it, in which case it's awesome.

6. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did NASL have one game playoffs all the way to final?

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, so move the goalposts.

You said one-game playoffs were ridiculous. You didn't qualify it.

You also said that one-game playoffs were ridiculous because you could have a bad penalty call or a freak result. Which, of course, could only happen on the way to a one-game final, but not in a one-game final itself. Which makes total sense in your universe.

Either one-game playoffs are great or not. There is no qualification about pre-final.

Your league has a one-game playoff this year. So of course, now a one-game playoff is fabulous, and you meant one-game playoffs before a final. Even though a one-game playoff is a one-game playoff, regardless of when it happens.

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What one-game PLAYOFF it's a FINAL game.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where does the name "play off" comes from?

Does it mean to play a team off the field?

10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then every game is a playoff.

11. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate your mentality and thoughts. You're clearly a better fan than internet tough guy Charlie and actually someone I can have respect for.

For the record, I have no respect for those who came from Orlando and threw bottles or acted in a similar stupid manner. I went, probably had too much to drink, but can still act like a decent human being overall. I guess that's sadly too much to ask from all of our supporters and why I'm still a bit wary about all of our groups now being thrown together now. But that's another story.

Aww, too bad. Maybe you should spend a fraction of the time you use trolling our pages doing something constructive for your club so you can attend a decent crowd and don't have to make stupid excuses.

12. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Thanks for the kind words quick.

I too drank a bit much and made some mistakes. I realize the whole supporters group does not act that way. I liked it honestly without te bottle throwing. Passion is great for our rivalry and our sport.

Quick25 repped this.
  13. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the most rational thing I've ever heard an OC$C supporter say ever!

Quick25 repped this.