Pre/In/Post Game: I-4 Derby: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs Orlando City 03/30/2013

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Mar 25, 2013.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Ring ceremony before the game [​IMG]

[​IMG]

FNovoa and Soccer Budgie repped this.
  2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what happened in the game?

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    third loss in a row versus Orlando

[​IMG]

4. John Mathius Smith III

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Kenn I will say this- Orlando is really really good.
    But I started questioning something do you think the match between Rowdies and Lions was more serious than the match between Minnesota and Chicago
    Orlando should be in MLS for the 2014 season

5. John Mathius Smith III

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Oh Yeah! Minnesota and Chicago Fire had a game and Minnesota won

6. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Any word on the attendance last night or any game photos?

Apparently there was some crowd trouble as well from the visiting fans. How classy.

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their supporter group are "wanna-be" "poser" hools, who started spitting on some of Ralph's Mob on the ramp inside ALF.

8. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Disappointed in the result, that's for sure. Orlando has got us 3-0. Here's to leveling the score next spring.

The game itself was good, and the rowdies looked better than the previous meetings with OC$C.

There was so much aggro and tension as soon as we met up with their fans. They did bring a bottle inside and threw it right at my brother, myself and a few other people. By then I wanted to bust some heads, but cooler heads prevailed. I like this rivalry, but I won't support it getting violent.

That being said ALF needs more security detail at these future games with our rivals. I would also love to see their supporters groups in the future sit at the opposite side of the stadium. If not (like last night) there should definitely be more than 4 cops and a couple of security guards.

I wish the game was worth talking about than the fan hate from both sides. I enjoy playing Orlando, and we had a good group in the mob for the game. They had a good group as well. I have to hand it to the ILF and the ruckus for showing up. Hope to see more in the future from both sides.

Also, in my estimation there was (what looked like, and plus I was drinking) about a little less than 1500 people there. I could be wrong.

brentgoulet repped this.
  9. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Can't wait to see what the ring looks like. I will be buying a replica.

10. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I would like to add that the field looks a lot better than previous years. It looks slightly larger than the configuration last year. I wish we could own the stadium outright so we can have a proper field. Beggars can't be choosers though. Way better than GSF.

11. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Why doesn't the club have a small bleacher behind the east goal for visiting fans? They would be all by themselves and would prevent the skirmishes we have seen the past year with visitors spoiling for a fight.

12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Rivalry YES, violence ABSOLUTELY NO !

13. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    If attendance improves significantly this season, hopefully the club can look into getting seating put in the outfield. Until we start drawing 4 or 5k a match, what's the point?

A bigger field would be nice, hopefully the new configuration is bigger.

14. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm wondering why they couldn't use the far berm behind the goal for away supporters.

15. John Mathius Smith III

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Maybe Rowdies can get a U.S Open Cup revenge

16. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's more prestigious that's for sure.

17. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No kidding.

You're the one who said TB had no excuses this time because they had been training. As if teams that train never lose.

How do I know, and what does it matter?

Based on what? This?

The last few teams to move up have been given nearly two years to make the move. Highly unlikely they'd be put in for 2014 at this point, and that chance decreases every day.

18. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We played. We lost. Again.

The Rowdies, I thought, really had a good shot at this one. We were out played in the first half, but completely dominated the second in possession and danger. We just couldn't finish and it cost us the match and the cup. Credit Orlando for sticking in the dagger in stoppage time when they got the chance.

A tie would have done us no good and we were throwing everything forward for a winner that would have set up penalties.

These were two impressively entertaining games with goals galore and drama everywhere.

Might have something cooking if we ever played Orlando regularly, but that just doesn't look to be in the cards unless we somehow luck box an MLS spot sometime in the future.

19. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a great time saturday night. There was lot's of action,the weather was beautiful,and,the atmosphere was great. I thought the turnout was decent,as well. So glad soccer is back!

20. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    I have to ask; why did they decide to do this for a preseason game?
    Why not the regular season opener with a crowd that I would assume to be larger and more Rowdie friendly?
    Any word on attendance for the game? Someone said on twitter Orlando had 400+, which is hard to believe. But, heck I wasnt there and havent seen any photos.

21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There might have been half that many Orlando fans total, with most being actual supporters.

https://twitter.com/RalphsMob/status/318914277127909376/photo/1

They claim 400, but that isn't even close to being accurate.

Edit: in fact, looking at that pic again makes me question if they even brought 200 fans. Probably between 150 and 200 somewhere. They did fill two buses. And they brought more than the Rowdies and Mob sent that way.

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "People in this school exaggerate so much."

23. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Eh, being in the Citrus Bowl then going to Al Lang probably threw their claim off.
    Im sure they over estimate the size of other things in their life too.

brentgoulet and speedcake repped this.
  24. Quick25

Quick25 Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it is definitely us, who would want to come out to watch Orlando beat your team again for the third time in a couple months while our supporters are louder than the home crowd? I would probably blame traffic and not bother showing up to the Citrus Bowl if the shoe was on the other foot. ;)

25. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A motorcyclist was beheaded in the accident that caused epic backups all over Tampa Bay. Have fun with it if you like, but it kept alot of people from even trying to get to Al Lang. Some people who did reach downtown St. Pete were reporting 45 minute commutes taking upwards of 3+ hours.

The Tampa Bay fan base also saw this as preseason and apparently consider Orlando to be as important as a game vs UCF. Sorry to report that so few on this side cared much about these games. Is that disappointing for you guys? Acting as if you beat the great satan! It's kind of funny, a little desperate, but funny.

Grats on the win, though. Enjoy the preseason cup!

WhiteStar Warriors repped this.