Pre/In/Post Game Discussion: Rowdies at FC Edmonton 6/2

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Rowdies' started by Bluesfan, May 31, 2013.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    http://rowdiessoccer.com/index.php?id=52&newsid=4699

Guess we need to pick up the slack and start these game threads since WSW isn't around to perform his sole valuable function.:D

First match of a two game road trip that will probably make or break it as far as the spring season goes. If we don't take full points in Edmonton, then we will be more than likely trailing as many as three teams in the table. After an emotional Open Cup win on Wednesday, hopefully it inspires the boys to tighten up our leaky defense and walk away with three.

Hristov is our best aquisition in the off season. He has scored our last five goals and we will do well if he keeps scoring. Deldo does nothing for me. He is slow for a forward.

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long is his ban?

3. Soccer Budgie

Soccer Budgie Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:confused:

4. FNovoa

FNovoa Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Redington Shores, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    I concur with all your points. I would also like to add Amani Walker. He does nothing for me either. Del Do looks like Walker, both look out of place out there.

Every game has been important, and closer to July 4 they are even more important. We need 3 points, and I think we can do even if our back line looks shaky at times.

5. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I don't know about Walker, still have hopes that he becomes the target man that replaces Antoniuk. Agreed, he hasn't shown much, but I am not writing him off just yet.

6. cruzazulsdad

cruzazulsdad Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SOMEONE TEACH COX HOW TO PASS A BALL!!!

7. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    We finally showed something near the end of the first half. That turf is horrible. Deldo needs to sit. But I sound like a broken record.

8. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Deldo finally does something worthwhile, getting flattened to draw the free kick. Nice strike from Hill.

Red Card for FCE's Roberts! Their goon hits the showers early giving us 35 minutes with a man advantage. Plus, we don't have to listen to their crew drone on about how 'high' FCE is on Roberts because of his size. Fricking hack.

9. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Ambersley for Del do (or Deldo, which is it?) in the 63rd minute. His speed should open things up.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technically, this announcer is sound, but, boy is he boring. And Sandor....oy.

I wish we could somehow get it through people's heads that we're Tampa Bay. And that "Tampa" is not an acceptable secondary reference.

Bluesfan repped this.
  11. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Stupid yellow by Arango.

Why does Ricky Hill have something against having a target striker who is over 5'9"?

12. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Two points blown. This year's team reminds me a lot of the 2011 team. Lots of possession, but you never have that sense that we are dangerous. When Frimpong, Deldo, Walker, Cox, etc are on the ball, it never makes you take notice, because they aren't going to get to the ball or they are going to blow it without taking a decent shot. Mulholland and now Hristov are pulling the weight up front. We suffer against big, strong teams like FCE, because we don't have the size up top and we get pushed around.

Without three points next week, we are pretty much done.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're....a point out of first and still play Atlanta yet. :confused:

14. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Silverbacks have a game in hand and if we LOSE against Carolina next week, it will be very difficult to take the spring title. Maybe I was a bit Chicken Little. A draw next week wouldn't be the end of the world, it would just make the last few games mean more for WSW.:)

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, teams know they have to win every week! ;)

Bluesfan repped this.
  16. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Hater;)

17. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is far from over. Edmonton are much improved over last year. Everyone will continue taking points off each other right up until July 4th.

We DO need to win at home in the regular season, asap. A draw this week at Carolina would be fine with me if we can follow it up with a win at home vs San Antonio.